Stolen Mavic Air
810 7 2020-9-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
lucalampu
lvl.1

Italy

My Mavic air 2 was stolen last week from my car, with all the equipment and the 3 batteries except for the battery charger.
I have S/N of both drone and remote, since in Italy we have to register a drone before flying.
I reported the theft to the police and I could forward to you the report.

As far as I know to fly again the drone they need DJI Fly app, a profile and an association of the drone to the profile.
Obviously when they try to connect my drone again you will be able to track that event this in your system.
So I'm sure you could track the drone at that time and alert me or the police.
Is it correct?

Until now on the - FInd my drone - fonction in the app I can see that the drone has been missing for 6 days.

I'm still hoping to have it back.
2020-9-1
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi lucalampu, I am sorry to hear that your drone is stolen. However, we are not able to track the drone. To locate the place of the drone, it needs to connect to your DJI account, use the drone in a place with a decent GPS signal, and sync the record to the cloud, then we can locate the drone as requested.
In your case, as you had reported the case to the local authorities and police, you may wait for their update.
Hoping we could do more, we apologize. Thank you for understanding.
2020-9-1
Use props
lucalampu
lvl.1

Italy

DJI Susan Posted at 9-1 03:55
Hi lucalampu, I am sorry to hear that your drone is stolen. However, we are not able to track the drone, to locate the drone, it needs to connect to your DJI account, use the drone in a place with decent GPS signal, and sync the record to the cloud, then we can locate the drone as requested.
In your case, we recommend that you report the case to the local authorities and police.
Hoping we could do more, we apologize. Thank you for understanding.

Hi, i don't need to track it, just to know if someone else has synced that S/N  with another account and then report that account, since they're using a stolen drone.
I already reported everything to the police.
2020-9-1
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

lucalampu Posted at 9-1 06:13
Hi, i don't need to track it, just to know if someone else has synced that S/N  with another account and then report that account, since they're using a stolen drone.
I already reported everything to the police.

Hi lucalampu, I am sorry that it is not able to get the account in this way. Sorry about this. Hope the police will have an update on your case.
2020-9-1
Use props
Peter Majtan
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1261168 ft
  • >>>
Japan

Susan, with all due respect, DJI can and should get involved in helping their customers in such cases. I’ll give you an example - RED Digital Cinema company. For DJI it is even easier - as your drones connect to your servers, unlike the RED cameras. I know these subjects are sensitive and it is easier to not to get involved. But as a suggestion - you could create a specific program for law enforcement and share any related activity with the authorities. This way you would eliminate the potential for an abuse of the system. So users report stolen drones (and other equipment) to the police - who would have special authorized accounts to coordinate with DJI and share any relevant data with the police. Just saying...
2020-9-3
Use props
lucalampu
lvl.1

Italy

Peter Majtan Posted at 9-3 01:09
Susan, with all due respect, DJI can and should get involved in helping their customers in such cases. I’ll give you an example - RED Digital Cinema company. For DJI it is even easier - as your drones connect to your servers, unlike the RED cameras. I know these subjects are sensitive and it is easier to not to get involved. But as a suggestion - you could create a specific program for law enforcement and share any related activity with the authorities. This way you would eliminate the potential for an abuse of the system. So users report stolen drones (and other equipment) to the police - who would have special authorized accounts to coordinate with DJI and share any relevant data with the police. Just saying...

Yes, it is incredible that DJI doesn't do this.. it would be very simple, costless and would help customers who spent 1 k € or more over their products..
2020-9-4
Use props
fans66858b6b
New
Russia

Hello! Same situation with my Mavic Air. Only drone lost, had an RC and batteries. Trying to find serial number of drone in "find my drone" section of DJI 4 app, but they're no serial number. Can anyone from DJI help me find s/n for police? Thanks!
2020-9-7
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fans66858b6b Posted at 9-7 09:25
Hello! Same situation with my Mavic Air. Only drone lost, had an RC and batteries. Trying to find serial number of drone in "find my drone" section of DJI 4 app, but they're no serial number. Can anyone from DJI help me find s/n for police? Thanks!

Hi there, sorry for that case happened, I have sent you a PM, kindly please check it, thanks.
2020-9-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules