Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ToSch
lvl.1
Flight distance : 160256 ft
Germany

Hello together,

please have a look at these three videos

My gimbal always shakes and wobbles while slowing down after the drone was speed up.
While flying the gimbal is always stable. This only happens when slowing down in normal and speed mode, sometimes in tripod mode also, but just in forward or backward moving.
I fly the drone, speed it up and then I release the thumbsticks of the controller. The drone is slowing down and the gimbal starts to shake.

I just created a support ticket and had contact via telephone.
Support is already informed and working on the problem.

I just want to share it with you. Maybe someone has same problems like me.

Gimbal, compass and IMU is succesfully calibrated, no error messages, latest firmware installed and no crashes etc.

What do you think could be the problem?

Thanks

2020-9-2
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there ToSch. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and it is good to know that you are already in contact with our DJI support team with regards to this matter. Rest assured that our DJI support team will be able to give out the best resolution for this issue. Thank you.
2020-9-3
Use props
ToSch
lvl.1
Germany

So I found out that the Mavic Air 2 is "damaging" the SD card. Everytime I put the SD card into my external cardreader to copy my files on the PC, Windows says that there is a failure with the SD card. You can repair it but no problems are found by windows and the SD card works normaly. Just the message appears that their is a fault but there is no real fault.

I changed the SD card from my Mavic Mini into the Air 2 and the same problem appears.
If I put the SD card straight out of the Mini into my cardreader there is no such problem only if the card was used in the Air 2.

Very suspicious!
2020-9-3
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

This isn't something that's cause my the Mavic Air 2. I have the same issue with a card that has never been used with my MA2. I have seen other SD cards that does this as well. Not sure if it's an SD card issue or an OS issue, but I'm pretty convinced this isn't an MA2 issue as far as the message you are getting from windows.
2020-9-3
Use props
ToSch
lvl.1
Germany

That is the question. If I plug the SD card only in my cardreader/PC there isn't this failure.
If it was plugged in my MA2 and shot some photos or videos and after it plugging it to my PC there is this failure message again.

My problem in my first post seems to be solved if I only use my MA 2 without an SD card... only the internal memory of the MA 2 is used and I tested it for a while. The problems seem to be gone. I've taken out the SD card, set it to internal memory and reseted the camera settings.
Technical support told me to try this. So I did and maybe without the SD card it works. No problems with the gimbal occured.

I realy don't know what is going on. If this is all "normal". I don't think so.
2020-9-3
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Can't view the footage?
2020-9-3
Use props
ToSch
lvl.1
Germany

A J Posted at 9-3 09:03
Can't view the footage?

Can you name a reason?
I just added three YouTube links to this thread.
2020-9-3
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

ToSch Posted at 9-3 09:41
Can you name a reason?
I just added three YouTube links to this thread.

Not sure but this pops up when I attempt to play any of them (as in the vidoes you have posted on here)?

2020-9-3
Use props
Scott108
lvl.4
Flight distance : 314419 ft
United States

ToSch Posted at 9-3 06:07
That is the question. If I plug the SD card only in my cardreader/PC there isn't this failure.
If it was plugged in my MA2 and shot some photos or videos and after it plugging it to my PC there is this failure message again.My problem in my first post seems to be solved if I only use my MA 2 without an SD card...

You say the problem occurs with SD, but not with internal memory.   I recommend trying a different SD card, and be sure it is one rated U3.  

The message you are getting from Windows, after using the SD in the MA2, is simply because the MA2 does not properly mark the file system "clean" when the drone shuts down.  That message does NOT indicate any actual problem with the file system.  It just means the MA2 marked the file system "dirty" when writing to it, which is normal, but then neglected to mark it "clean" during shutdown.  Windows sees the file system marked "dirty", recommends scanning for errors, finds none, then marks it "clean."   

2020-9-3
Use props
ToSch
lvl.1
Germany

A J Posted at 9-3 10:03
Not sure but this pops up when I attempt to play any of them (as in the vidoes you have posted on here)?

[view_image]

When I uploaded the videos I set all three videos to "not listed" now I changed them to "public" so everyone should be able to watch it.
You can give it another try.
Here are the direct links to all three videos:
https://youtu.be/T1Kb9J9Y9Zs
https://youtu.be/47M_U0o87pc
https://youtu.be/_kfz8lJJt18  

2020-9-3
Use props
ToSch
lvl.1
Germany

Scott108 Posted at 9-3 10:07
You say the problem occurs with SD, but not with internal memory.   I recommend trying a different SD card, and be sure it is one rated U3.  

The message you are getting from Windows, after using the SD in the MA2, is simply because the MA2 does not properly mark the file system "clean" when the drone shuts down.  That message does NOT indicate any actual problem with the file system.  It just means the MA2 marked the file system "dirty" when writing to it, which is normal, but then neglected to mark it "clean" during shutdown.  Windows sees the file system marked "dirty", recommends scanning for errors, finds none, then marks it "clean."

Thanks for your explanation in terms of the MA 2 handles their files on the SD card.
Today I wasn't able to test it with another SD card because of very bad weather conditions, but I will test it as soon as possible!

So that means I'm not the only one experiencing these ''problems'' when plugging the SD card in to my PC?
2020-9-3
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

ToSch Posted at 9-3 11:06
When I uploaded the videos I set all three videos to "not listed" now I changed them to "public" so everyone should be able to watch it.

Still not working buddy - not to worry. Seems you already have plenty of sound advice
2020-9-3
Use props
Scott108
lvl.4
United States

ToSch Posted at 9-3 11:10
Thanks for your explanation in terms of the MA 2 handles their files on the SD card.
Today I wasn't able to test it with another SD card because of very bad weather conditions, but I will test it as soon as possible!
So that means I'm not the only one experiencing these ''problems'' when plugging the SD card in to my PC?

Correct, you are not the only one getting the warning/error when plugging the SD into a Windows machine after writing to it in the MA2.  That happens to me with every SD I use in the MA2 -- Windows always complains and says it needs to scan the disk, but (if I go ahead with the scan) it finds no errors.

This is caused by the MA2 not marking the file system as "clean" during shutdown.  You can verify this using the windows "fsutil" utility.  Plug in the SD card into the windows machine, skip the scan request, open a command prompt as administrator, and use the command "fsutil dirty query X:" (replace "X:" with the drive letter of your SD card).  The command will display the current status, either "dirty" or "not dirty".  Being "dirty" doesn't necessarily mean there is any problem with the card, it just means the device last writing to the card did not mark it as "not dirty" when done writing to it.
2020-9-3
Use props
Scott108
lvl.4
United States

ToSch Posted at 9-3 11:06
Here are the direct links to all three videos:

The problem AJ is seeing with the Youtube videos isn't related to public/private.  It is related to the the "allow embedding" setting on the video.  On the video details, under "additional settings", make sure the "Allow Embedding" option is selected (marked).  That setting allows videos to be played within another website, like here on the dji forum, rather than only being playable from youtube's web site.
2020-9-3
Use props
Rustic17
First Officer
Flight distance : 2733760 ft
United States

Scott108 Posted at 9-3 11:51
Correct, you are not the only one getting the warning/error when plugging the SD into a Windows machine after writing to it in the MA2.  That happens to me with every SD I use in the MA2 -- Windows always complains and says it needs to scan the disk, but (if I go ahead with the scan) it finds no errors.

This is caused by the MA2 not marking the file system as "clean" during shutdown.  You can verify this using the windows "fsutil" utility.  Plug in the SD card, skip the scan, open a command prompt as administrator, and use the command "fsutil dirty query X:" (replace "X:" with the drive letter of your SD card).

I get the message all the time...I just X out of the message and everything works fine.  Nice to know other people have the same problem.  
2020-9-3
Use props
ToSch
lvl.1
Germany

Scott108 Posted at 9-3 11:55
The problem AJ is seeing with the Youtube videos isn't related to public/private.  It is related to the the "allow embedding" setting on the video.  On the video details, under "additional settings", make sure the "Allow Embedding" option is selected (marked).  That setting allows videos to be played within another website, like here on the dji forum, rather than only being playable from youtube's web site.

Man you are like god
Thank you very much for your help so far! Your explantion in terms of the SD card is logical and comprehensible... and I'm glad to hear that this is ''normal''!

And I already changed the option of embedding the videos... I totaly forgot to set "allow embedding" as I uploaded the videos.
So now there should be no problem with it anymore... I hope!
2020-9-3
Use props
Scott108
lvl.4
United States

ToSch Posted at 9-3 12:07
Man you are like god
Thank you very much for your help so far! Your explantion in terms of the SD card is logic and comprehensible... and I'm glad to hear that this is normal!

Good job -- The video setting worked, and I can confirm videos now play within the forum post.  (Previously had to go to Youtube site to view them.)

On the warning from windows when plugging in SD card...   I don't consider it "normal", because the MA2 firmware really should be marking the file system as "clean" before shutdown and if it did then Windows wouldn't give the warning.  But it is "typical" behavior for now, and can be expected since MA2 doesn't mark the file system "clean".  Windows will always warn and suggest a scan whenever it sees a file system not marked "clean".
2020-9-3
Use props
ToSch
lvl.1
Germany

Scott108 Posted at 9-3 12:18
Good job -- The video setting worked, and I can confirm videos now play within the forum post.  (Previously had to go to Youtube site to view them.)

On the warning from windows when plugging in SD card...   I don't consider it "normal", because the MA2 firmware really should be marking the file system as "clean" before shutdown and if it did then Windows wouldn't give the warning.  But it is "typical" behavior for now, and can be expected since MA2 doesn't mark the file system "clean".  Windows will always warn and suggest a scan whenever it sees a file system not marked "clean".

Thanks for checking out the videos!

Yeah, it shouldn't be "normal", that is right. I can say that the Mavic Mini does not exhibit this behavior like the MA 2. If I plug my SD card for MM in to my PC it starts up/boots up completely normal without this warning or error message.
So maybe a future firmware update can solve this little problem for MA 2.
2020-9-3
Use props
ToSch
lvl.1
Germany

@Dirty Bird
Good to hear that other people have the same "issues".

Can anyone tell me something about the main problem with the gimbal? What can cause this? Maybe someone got the same issues?
2020-9-3
Use props
djiuser_kQPMOflHksf6
lvl.1
Flight distance : 207497 ft
Hungary

Hi

I fly with my Mini only a few weeks but I have almost the same problem but it is more "brutal".

What do You think is my problem?
Can I use it or should I take it to a DJI service?
My heart almost stopped when I experienced this strange movement.

Where can I open a ticket for it?
How can I check fly logs? (I am newbie)

Thank You!

And here is the vid:

youtu.be/rZkgf-CHyBI
2020-9-3
Use props
MisterFrag
Second Officer
Flight distance : 603143 ft
United States

Scott108 Posted at 9-3 12:18

Regarding the “damaged SD card” issue, the problem isn’t that the file system isn’t being marked as “clean”, there is no such flag for FAT/FAT32/exFAT.

The problem is that the two file allocation tables (hence the name FAT in the names of the file systems) that are present on the media are not identical. When space is allocated on the card as files are written to and grow, clusters of disk sectors are marked as “in use”. Two FATs are kept for redundancy and to detect improper closing of the file system — if the disk/card is ejected cleanly the two FATs are identical, if the disk/card was ejected in the middle of a write or some other update the two FATs won’t match, and this produces the warning about damage the next time the disk is mounted.
2020-9-3
Use props
ToSch
lvl.1
Germany

djiuser_kQPMOflHksf6 Posted at 9-3 14:30
Hi

I fly with my Mini only a few weeks but I have almost the same problem but it is more "brutal".

That doesn't look good. Did you already recalibrate the gimbal? Do you get an error message on your DJI fly app?

Check out the support section of the DJI website. There you should find help in your case.
I personally would recommend sending it to DJI.
2020-9-4
Use props
Lacam1983
lvl.1
Flight distance : 207497 ft
Hungary

ToSch Posted at 9-4 01:18
That doesn't look good. Did you already recalibrate the gimbal? Do you get an error message on your DJI fly app?

Check out the support section of the DJI website. There you should find help in your case.

I downloaded the logs from the Mini with a PC software.
Do You know how can I analyze it? This is a huge .DAT file. I would like to know if it was a gimbal problem or the Mini flew strange. I hope the drone has no problem.
2020-9-4
Use props
ToSch
lvl.1
Germany

Lacam1983 Posted at 9-4 09:00
I downloaded the logs from the Mini with a PC software.
Do You know how can I analyze it? This is a huge .DAT file. I would like to know if it was a gimbal problem or the Mini flew strange. I hope the drone has no problem.

In this special case I can't help you, sorry. Maybe you open a new thread where you describe your problem.

Yesterday I also downloaded these log files for my Mavic Air 2 with the assistant software. I have the same problem like you with opening the .dat files.
I don't know what tool DJI uses.
2020-9-4
Use props
Scott108
lvl.4
United States

MisterFrag Posted at 9-3 15:44
Regarding the “damaged SD card” issue, the problem isn’t that the file system isn’t being marked as “clean”, there is no such flag for FAT/FAT32/exFAT.

The problem is that the two file allocation tables (hence the name FAT in the names of the file systems) that are present on the media are not identical. When space is allocated on the card as files are written to and grow, clusters of disk sectors are marked as “in use”. Two FATs are kept for redundancy and to detect improper closing of the file system — if the disk/card is ejected cleanly the two FATs are identical, if the disk/card was ejected in the middle of a write or some other update the two FATs won’t match, and this produces the warning about damage the next time the disk is mounted.

No, the ExFat format most definitely DOES have a dirty indicator.  Bit 1 of the VolumeFlags.
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us ... exfat-specification

The chkdsk utility also includes a specific parameter (/markclean) to reset the bit as "clean" on FAT/FAT32/exFAT file systems.  

Your example of the two allocation tables being inconsistent can also cause Windows to propose a scan.  However, in that case, the scan will find and fix that inconsistency.  That is NOT the situation being discussed here, as the scans find NO errors and simply mark the file system as "clean" since the MA2 failed to do so.

This can be easily verified by hex editing only the dirty bit (setting bit to 0), or using "chkdsk /markclean", on a card removed from the MA2 and exhibiting the warning when mounted on Windows.  Resetting the bit eliminates the error message when the card is subsequently mounted.
2020-9-4
Use props
Smashey1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 173422 ft
Ireland

ToSch Posted at 9-3 13:05
@Dirty Bird
Good to hear that other people have the same "issues".

Hi ToSch
Did you manage to try a different SD card to confirm the jerky Gimbal motion shown on your videos? Could you tell the forum what card you were using perhaps? I'd guess the transfer speed going to the internal storage would be pretty fast but if the write speed to  your SD card was causing a bottleneck I'm wondering if that would show up as jerky movement of the gimbal or perhaps cause a hiccup in the gimbal stabilization (not a drone engineer so this is a bit of a mad guess perhaps)?
2020-9-4
Use props
ToSch
lvl.1
Germany

Smashey1 Posted at 9-4 11:59
Hi ToSch
Did you manage to try a different SD card to confirm the jerky Gimbal motion shown on your videos? Could you tell the forum what card you were using perhaps? I'd guess the transfer speed going to the internal storage would be pretty fast but if the write speed to  your SD card was causing a bottleneck I'm wondering if that would show up as jerky movement of the gimbal or perhaps cause a hiccup in the gimbal stabilization (not a drone engineer so this is a bit of a mad guess perhaps)?

Hi,

I wasn't able to test with another SD card because of bad weather conditions.
This is the SD card I use: SanDisk Extreme 128GB V30 A2 microSDXC
It is one of the cards that is recommended in FAQ section of the MA 2. I guess I'm not the only one who's using this card.

Howsoever, I already made a refund of my MA 2 via Amazon and today I got the new one send from Amazon. The old one has been send back to amazon.
So in the next few days I will test the new one. I'll write my experience after checking!

2020-9-4
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

I get similar errors all the time with almost any brand of SD card. It does not matter if it was used in a drone, camera, security monitoring system, audio recorder, dashcam. etc, etc....
2020-9-4
Use props
Smashey1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 173422 ft
Ireland

ToSch Posted at 9-4 13:14
Hi,

I wasn't able to test with another SD card because of bad weather conditions.

I use the 64GB version of that card I think - with no issues regarding video recordings and certainly no odd gimbal movements. Good luck with the replacement drone!
2020-9-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules