RONIN SC - CANON EOS R6 - RECORD BUTTON NOT WORKING ON RONIN SC
12Next >
12038 43 2020-9-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jayemedia
lvl.1
United States

Just bought the new Canon EOS R6 to have it be my new dedicated video camera. Got it all setup and balanced on my Ronin SC but, when I tried to turn on the remote control function on the camera whilst being connected to the Ronin SC, the record button on the Ronin doesn't work. I do have the mcc cable pluggged in to the right spot too... I don't know if it's because the camera is still new but, will there be a new firmware update for the SC so I can use my Canon R6 with it?
2020-9-3
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi Jaye, may I know if you are able to trigger photo capture on the Ronin-SC? If so, and the camera is in Still mode, you may try to switch it to Video mode and try again to see if this works.
At the same time, please check if you are able to start/stop recording on the Ronin app.
Besides, please provide the specific firmware version of your Ronin-SC as well.
For your information, as the Canon EOS R6 camera is not listed on the compatibility list, the compatibility may not be assured.
2020-9-9
Use props
jayemedia
lvl.1
United States

Will the Ronin SC be compatible with the Canon R6? The R6 is Canon's latest mirrorless camera (released August 27, 2020)  and a couple of tech websites recommend the Ronin-SC paired with the R6. When I connected the camera to the gimbal, the camera was in video made. Half pressing the record button while in video mode does not initiate auto focus (both body and lens was set on AF in video mode)  like it does when I have my A7III connected to it. I went into my settings on the camera and enabled the remote control button, still no luck. Also, have tried working the app to see if it record but still, no luck. My Ronin-SC is on the latest firmware v1.5.0.40 . Is DJI going to be releasing another firmware update? I've been a huge DJI Supporter as I own many of the different products you guys offer and I'd hate to go with a different company for a new gimbal. Please let me know, thank you!  
2020-9-10
Use props
jayemedia
lvl.1
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 9-9 03:03
Hi Jaye, may I know if you are able to trigger photo capture on the Ronin-SC? If so, and the camera is in Still mode, you may try to switch it to Video mode and try again to see if this works.
At the same time, please check if you are able to start/stop recording on the Ronin app.

Will the Ronin SC be compatible with the Canon R6? The R6 is Canon's latest mirrorless camera (released August 27, 2020)  and a couple of tech websites recommend the Ronin-SC paired with the R6. When I connected the camera to the gimbal, the camera was in video made. Half pressing the record button while in video mode does not initiate auto focus (both body and lens was set on AF in video mode)  like it does when I have my A7III connected to it. I went into my settings on the camera and enabled the remote control button, still no luck. Also, have tried working the app to see if it record but still, no luck. My Ronin-SC is on the latest firmware v1.5.0.40 . Is DJI going to be releasing another firmware update? I've been a huge DJI Supporter as I own many of the different products you guys offer and I'd hate to go with a different company for a new gimbal. Please let me know, thank you!  
2020-9-10
Use props
kasperhausar
New
Canada

Hey!

I have the Ronin SC and am looking to upgrade to a Canon R6. I'm extremely interested in this question before I go ahead and take the plunge toward the R6.

Love the Ronin SC and would love to see more Canon compatibility.
2020-9-11
Use props
djiuser_G3kNkMb8PmfX
lvl.1

United States

Is there any update on this? The dedicated dji ronin s rss cable does not work to start/stop recording through the ronin record button for the Canon EOS R6. Firmware is the current up to date version on both the Ronin-S and the R6.
2020-9-13
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

jayemedia Posted at 9-10 09:48
Will the Ronin SC be compatible with the Canon R6? The R6 is Canon's latest mirrorless camera (released August 27, 2020)  and a couple of tech websites recommend the Ronin-SC paired with the R6. When I connected the camera to the gimbal, the camera was in video made. Half pressing the record button while in video mode does not initiate auto focus (both body and lens was set on AF in video mode)  like it does when I have my A7III connected to it. I went into my settings on the camera and enabled the remote control button, still no luck. Also, have tried working the app to see if it record but still, no luck. My Ronin-SC is on the latest firmware v1.5.0.40 . Is DJI going to be releasing another firmware update? I've been a huge DJI Supporter as I own many of the different products you guys offer and I'd hate to go with a different company for a new gimbal. Please let me know, thank you!

Thank you for your update on this issue. I will confirm the case with our engineers and see what would they suggest. I will keep you updated if there is an update.
2020-9-14
Use props
djiuser_iSbOHqV0r1JO
lvl.1

United States

DJI Susan Posted at 9-14 03:15
Thank you for your update on this issue. I will confirm the case with our engineers and see what would they suggest. I will keep you updated if there is an update.

Any update on official ronin SC support for the R6?
2020-9-17
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_iSbOHqV0r1JO Posted at 9-17 19:12
Any update on official ronin SC support for the R6?

Sorry, haven't received confirmation yet.
2020-9-19
Use props
Callum.stirling
New

United Kingdom

HI There. Also interested in this thread. I am managing for the time being but would ideally like to use all the Ronin-SC features with my new Canon R6. Surely a fairly standard update and tweak to the EOS R support?

2020-9-23
Use props
Callum.stirling
New

United Kingdom

Interested to hear how you are finding the R6 for video. I bought as my new main highbrid shooter but on my firt filming day it overheated badly.
2020-9-23
Use props
JRitch13
lvl.1
Flight distance : 941893 ft
Canada

I’m looking to get an R6 as well. Would be great to know when support is available. Curious with what lenses do you have balanced with the R6 on the Ronin-SC?
2020-9-24
Use props
readadam
New

Norway

I am in the same situation. Please let us know (have the SC and want to buy the Canon r6). Will primarily use the 24-70 L 2.8iii and 35mm L on it.
2020-9-24
Use props
Dronedoiseau
New

France

Hello, same situation I would like to buy DJI Ronin-SC for my canon R6 but I don't know if it is OK. Any update? Would not appreciate to buy other product...
2020-10-2
Use props
fansbdabbc8c
New

United States

I just bought the canon r5 and also the ronin-sc. Not able to use any of the cool features since the control cable doesn’t seem to work with r5/ronin-sc combination. Is there a firmware update on the horizon?
2020-10-17
Use props
saidelimam
New
France

Hello, same question, I would love to know if the R5/R6 compatibility is planned on the Ronin S/SC. I don't want to have to upgrade my Ronin to the new RS2 just for a compatibility issue.
2020-10-19
Use props
dt.photography
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1960755 ft
Bulgaria

Hello. Will there be a new update for Ronin S soon? I bought a new Canon R6 camera and none of the Ronin S features work as well as focus and other settings. Thanks
2020-10-27
Use props
JM_Anthony
lvl.1
Australia

This is a problem for me too. Would be good to get an update soon
2020-10-29
Use props
Chad Has ABeard
New

United States

Yep I have the same issue.  It seems the Ronin SC doesn’t recognize the Canon R6 at all.  Disappointing as I just received the gimbal today.
2020-11-25
Use props
Chad Has ABeard
New

United States

Any update here?  
2020-12-2
Use props
fansae2f8362
New

Finland

dt.photography Posted at 10-27 14:56
Hello. Will there be a new update for Ronin S soon? I bought a new Canon R6 camera and none of the Ronin S features work as well as focus and other settings. Thanks

Hi, having the same problem here. Ronin S and Canon R6. Would love It to work.
2020-12-20
Use props
Oli961
New

Belgium

Connecting the Ronin SC to Canon R6, what is the right cable ?
2021-1-4
Use props
djiuser_QEwsh0ffq0ww
New
France

Same problem between a ronin sc and canon eos m50.
It seems to be a shutter control problem...
Does anyone can help us ?!?!?
Thanks
2021-1-6
Use props
jayemedia
lvl.1
United States

Oli961 Posted at 1-4 02:11

Type-C cable. L-shaped connector into gimbal and straight connector into camera
2021-1-6
Use props
jayemedia
lvl.1
United States

No update yet :/
2021-1-6
Use props
djiuser_QEwsh0ffq0ww
New
France

jayemedia Posted at 1-6 15:55
Type-C cable. L-shaped connector into gimbal and straight connector into camera

Hello. I have the right cable and the right connexion but it still does not work.
Any other advice ?
Thanks
2021-1-7
Use props
sidu890
New

Oman

DJI is a horrible company , Will not buy anything again, they don't upgrade firmwares and think that we should buy new gear , Got R6 six months ago, Still not supporting by Ronin S .Disappointed
2021-1-24
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

dt.photography Posted at 2020-10-27 14:56

Hello there, we just released the latest firmware for the Ronin-S that supports the R6:
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=234597

Please check the release note for more information, thank you.
2021-1-28
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

sidu890 Posted at 1-24 07:36
DJI is a horrible company , Will not buy anything again, they don't upgrade firmwares and think that we should buy new gear , Got R6 six months ago, Still not supporting by Ronin S .Disappointed

Hello there, sorry for keeping you waiting so long on this. We just released the latest firmware for the Ronin-S that supports the R6:

2021-1-28
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

fansae2f8362 Posted at 2020-12-20 08:36
Hi, having the same problem here. Ronin S and Canon R6. Would love It to work.

Hello there, we just released the latest firmware for the Ronin-S that supports the R6:

2021-1-28
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Oli961 Posted at 1-4 02:11

Hello there, we just released the latest firmware for the Ronin-SC that supports the R6:
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=234598

2021-1-28
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

djiuser_QEwsh0ffq0ww Posted at 1-7 04:54
Hello. I have the right cable and the right connexion but it still does not work.
Any other advice ?
Thanks

Hello there, we just released the latest firmware for the Ronin-SC that supports the R6:
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=234598
You can now use the Multi-Camera Control Cable (MCC-C) to achieve the camera control.

2021-1-28
Use props
gratomlin
lvl.1

United Kingdom

hello
i have updated my sc on my android phone, running android 11, when i check the firmware version on my app it says NA, i have an eos r6 and galaxy note 10, i cannot record video using the button on the gimbal
2021-2-27
Use props
djiuser_ir99HHjGE0qf
New

United States

Just purchased the Ronin SC and updated the firmware - still unable to connect the gimbal to my canon R6 after the update and restart. Cables are attached properly. Please advise ASAP.
2021-3-20
Use props
jayemedia
lvl.1
United States

djiuser_ir99HHjGE0qf Posted at 3-20 08:10
Just purchased the Ronin SC and updated the firmware - still unable to connect the gimbal to my canon R6 after the update and restart. Cables are attached properly. Please advise ASAP.

It should be able to work. I just updated mine and used the correct cable and in the correct spots and it works great. Can you send a photo of your camera attached to gimbal?
2021-3-26
Use props
VL_Barkers
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Is the cable a standard USB C cable or is it specific?
2021-6-8
Use props
TeterekovPhotography
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1960755 ft
Bulgaria

Hello. Again, with the latest firmware updates on Ronin S I have the same problem with my canon EOS r6. When the problem will be solved???
2022-1-24
Use props
Tecnam
lvl.1

South Africa

DJI Susan Posted at 2020-9-9 03:03
Hi Jaye, may I know if you are able to trigger photo capture on the Ronin-SC? If so, and the camera is in Still mode, you may try to switch it to Video mode and try again to see if this works.
At the same time, please check if you are able to start/stop recording on the Ronin app.

The first thing DJI support do is give a cop out excuse before actually looking at the problem... I am having an issue with an SC, not even related to compatability and in simple English and I mean simple... They want a video... WTF.... Webill S is on the way.
2023-6-12
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Tecnam Posted at 6-12 08:34
The first thing DJI support do is give a cop out excuse before actually looking at the problem... I am having an issue with an SC, not even related to compatability and in simple English and I mean simple... They want a video... WTF.... Webill S is on the way.

Hi, I am deeply sorry for the inconvenience, I was able to check your ticket in our system, Kindly understand that the video is not only for displaying the issue, it may also help us to understand the whole setup and the details that were not mentioned. But I will ask the team to keep following your case. Thank you for your patience.
2023-6-12
Use props
Ianross1
New
Flight distance : 2585 ft
United Kingdom

Hi all I’m having issues with the ronin sc and the canon m50. I can connect to the app via Bluetooth and the camera will track and do all the regular things it’s meant to do but using the gimbal buttons to take video or photos is a no go! It tells me to connect the dedicated cable to the RSS port to enable this function. I have the cables the right way round and plugged in correctly. Just finished updating camera software and gimbal software and it still shows. Been at this 6 hrs now and probably a simple fix but feel like binning it to be honest!! Any help would be great thanks
2023-8-5
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules