Just a tip regarding cache video files...
1320 11 2020-9-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6763835 ft
  • >>>
Australia

This is probably obvious to some people but even myself only realised a few weeks ago...
I like to make little video edits on the fly app for Facebook. Just something to share around with my friends. I later make Youtube vids with the HD footage if I feel the need but a lot of the time it's just a nice quick edit of the days flights to go with the pics.

Anyhow, I always knew the footage was lower resolution but Facebook compresses it down to 720p anyway so most of the time I was simply editing the cache video footage because it was already on my device and I didn't see the point of downloading the full hd version for Facebook when it just got compressed anyway. The thing is though, with the cache footage it is footage from the video feed on your device not the actual drone. So if you have any poor connection issues, where the screen flickers or the footage glitches which happens sometimes on the mini you will see it in the cache video files. However, if you actually download the HD footage from the drone it is smooth as silk without any defects. So basically even times where you lose connection to the drone and you are still filming, the drone footage will actually be fine from the SD card. It's just these cache video files that are no good. And even with the Facebook compression, using the downloaded footage from the drone and editing in the Fly app and uploading it, it is so much smoother and better than using the cache files. Like chalk and cheese difference if i'm honest...

I just thought I would give you guys a heads up because i'm sure i'm not the only one just using the cache files to upload quickly to things like Facebook where you figure the HD files aren't really worth downloading due to upload compressions...

2020-9-3
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Fantastic footage.
2020-9-3
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there 22340179. Thank you for reaching out and for posting this wonderful video you have filmed over the coast in Bronte, Australia. Great work and thank you for your support.
2020-9-3
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Excellent footage
2020-9-3
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Beautiful footage.   
2020-9-4
Use props
videoeditman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6713271 ft
United States

Very nice footage, thanks for sharing!
2020-9-4
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Thanks for the tip.
Looks great btw!
2020-9-4
Use props
mark117h
Second Officer
Flight distance : 241306 ft
United Kingdom

WOW.
That Was Mesmerizing.
Watching Beautiful Australian Water & Waves.
2020-9-4
Use props
dragonattack
lvl.2
Flight distance : 18596 ft
United Kingdom

Stunning footage - oh how I want to swim in those pools right now! thank you for sharing
2020-9-7
Use props
K6CCC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 651683 ft
United States

Beautiful footage!  Are those pools fresh water or saltwater?  Obviously both get at least some wave action adding some seawater.
2020-9-7
Use props
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6763835 ft
  • >>>
Australia

K6CCC Posted at 9-7 09:44
Beautiful footage!  Are those pools fresh water or saltwater?  Obviously both get at least some wave action adding some seawater.

Saltwater, the ocean comes over into it at high tide. They have them everywhere in Sydney near a lot of the big beaches here. I was surprised to hear there aren't many in any other countries and even other places in Australia.
2020-9-7
Use props
andrewyb
lvl.1
Flight distance : 97375 ft
United States

Thanks for the tip! I just took my first Mavic Mini flight yesterday and was trying to decide whether or not I was going to use the built-in editor and your post answers that question.
2020-9-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules