Feature Request for the OM 4 Bigger clamp option
3394 12 2020-9-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Andres Barbosa
New

Colombia

I recently got the DJI OM4 and it's amazing I was a bit wary considering I have the DJI Osmo 3 and did not see originally the benefit of upgrading to the 4, but the magnetic detachable clamp is genius I can leave the clamp on my phone and easily detach it a reattach it this has made me want to take the Osmo more on my day to day outing knowing its just a quick snap to get it running.

I do have just two feature requests. I use the iPhone smart battery case for the iPhone 11 pro the shutter button is really useful and with extra battery life it a big plus, lately i have also nee rocking the moment m clip with the smart battery and it's my go too. I tried to attach the clamp to the battery case but it's not sable the Osmo is caple of managing the weight.  if Dji could develop a clamp for apple smart battery cases as an accessory it would be really nice and convenient. on the note, I imagen that they will also sell replacement claps just in case people lose it?

those are the two feature requests for know just ideas keep up the amazing products.
2020-9-6
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Andres Barbosa. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing your valued insights with regards to this matter. I will cascade this thread to the designated DJI department for further attention and evaluation. All significant suggestions or requests will be implemented after the evaluation of the DJI Engineers. For the latest DJI updates. Kindly please stay tuned or visit our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Again, thank you for your valued support and please stay safe always.
2020-9-7
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

+1 great idea.
2020-9-8
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've never been a fan of brick size phones, but I'm not the only person in the world. My fiance is sold on huge phones as well so for those folks I can definitely see the benefit of having that option available for them.
2020-9-8
Use props
STCarter
New

United States

I have a Samsung Note 9 with just a plain case on it and the clamp wont fit. A wider option needs to be available!
2020-10-2
Use props
Joemar7
lvl.4
  • >>>
American Samoa

I agree.  DJI should make a universal jumbo clamp to attach bigger phones with a case.  As I mentioned in a previous post, I don't like using my iPhone without a case.  I rather have shaky footage and not use the OM4.  I understand that the OM4 was designed to be used without a phone case, but I literally get a panic attack not using one.  Now, is there a reason why we can't use the ring on a phone case?  Anyways, this is a window of opportunity for DJI to make more money by giving us options.  They already sell the regular clamps as a replacement item, and why not sell a jumbo version as well.  The OM4 is capable of holding the weight.  Meanwhile, my om4 is collecting dust and I went back to the OM3 until there is a solution to use a phone case.   
2020-10-2
Use props
PeFri
lvl.1

Austria

Same please for s20ultra with spigen tough armor case (case adds approx. 4mm to each relevant phone side)!
2020-10-4
Use props
RiotMUC
lvl.1
Germany

i would also like to get a bigger clamp!
2020-10-24
Use props
KennethS
lvl.1
United Kingdom

+1 for more clamp options -- happy to buy as additional accessories.
2020-10-26
Use props
djiuser_78ruZ0dBc6Vp
New
Japan

Please make a bigger clamp!
2020-11-12
Use props
djiuser_kkXX1JGKdquM
lvl.1
Flight distance : 153110 ft
Netherlands

And for now with the iPhone 12 max pro (and other or future Jumbos), there are a lot OM4 users who are in need of a dedicated solution such as a bigger clamp. Admitted, it works with the original leather Apple case but literally “on the edge”. Even better would be the DJI magnet with a MagSafe attachment on it. Looking very much forward to a decent solution.
2020-12-30
Use props
djiuser_TnVxiU7ZmOzK
New
United Kingdom

ATTENTION TO DJI:

I have returned my OM4 for the fact my iPhone 12 pro max with a light phone case was too big for the clamp, I could not risk shooting with such grip, can DJI make a separate clamp for plus size phone user?

I have also made a YouTube video for attention to DJI and shared my experience, it will be very helpful!
2021-1-14
Use props
djiuser_I2j1jtsqMBzp
lvl.1

United States

I would also appreciate a large clamp option as I film with my Note 20 Ultra. I have to take it out of the case each time I use it which is a pain in the butt. It would be a much better experience if I didn't have to do that, but I am aware it is a gaint...
2021-8-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules