Mavic Pro 2 Zoom
536 5 2020-9-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JimmyPickles
lvl.2
Flight distance : 40889 ft
United States

Hi guys, I've had my pro 2 zoom since April and finally flew it for the first time yesterday.  I have been concentrating with learning with my mini.  this way if I crash, I'll be out a Mini rather than a Pro 2.

Well, I thought I'd be more intimidated then I actually was.  Flew a lot like the Mini, just bigger.

So, things were good but i did get an interference message about 300ft out and 100ft up.  I landed it and thought I would try to learn as much as I can about the transmission settings.  Does anyone know of a good comprehensive resource?  I have read posts that many times get derailed by differing houghts...I also watched a couple you tube videos but they don't go very deep.

I get the ole, stay away from powerlines and large metal objects...I'm obeying these warnings.

Some of you may remember that I use a wheelchair.  It's actually a power wheelchair.  Could this be a source of interference?

Thanks
2020-9-7
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi Jimmy, the most common reason for short range of the M2Z is obstructions in the LOS between the AC and RC. It is really important that the side of the antennas (not the tips) are pointed at the drone and there is nothing between the two that could break the signal such as trees and buildings. Other drone pilots in very close vicinity of your position flying on the same frequency can also cause issues. Other factors are having WiFi still turned on in your phone - ensure this is switched off and it is best practice to shut all other apps down in the background before launching the app.
2020-9-7
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

One over looked cause of interference that might be worse if you're sitting down is another person walking/standing between you and the drone.
2020-9-8
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to this concern. Kindly please try to follow the steps on the official DJI video tutorial that I have posted for the best practices when flying the drone. Thank you.

2020-9-8
Use props
JimmyPickles
lvl.2
Flight distance : 40889 ft
United States

Hi All, I can't tell you how much I appreciate the comments.  that said I'm going to start a new thread that has a more descriptive subject.  I hope you all continue to follow.

Thanks
2020-9-8
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

JimmyPickles Posted at 9-8 15:42
Hi All, I can't tell you how much I appreciate the comments.  that said I'm going to start a new thread that has a more descriptive subject.  I hope you all continue to follow.

Thanks

You're welcome Jimmy
2020-9-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules