Mavic Air 2 not connecting with MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2016)
1886 15 2020-9-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
crosswired
lvl.4
Flight distance : 264380 ft
Ireland

hey guys,
tried to upgrade my Air 2 using DJI Assistant but it seem theres no connection in between my Macbook and the drone. Also, drones own memory and SD card doesnt shows up.
I've used the same cable to transfer data from my mobile phone and all works as it should. Tried on my Windows laptop and it work as well.
Would you have any ideas?
Thanks in advance,
Kris

2020-9-9
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Had best success with DJI's Assistant using Apple's Bootcamp running Windows on MacBook Pro.

Except for one gotcha.   Which has to do with calibration of sensors on Mavic Pro.  The screen size does not get passed back from Windows thru Bootcamp to DJI's Assistant.

DJI's Assistant (Mac version) has problems.  Usually you can get connected to drone (Mavic Pro) to update firmware or revert firmware.  DJI's Assistant will not see drone's memory or microSD card.  Flight simulator would not come up.  But DJI's Assistant (Mac version) would perform calibrations, if you can get drone to talk to MacBook.
2020-9-9
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Im using an iMac and connect to my Zoom and its SD Card properly, have you tried reinstalling Assistant.
2020-9-9
Use props
crosswired
lvl.4
Ireland

Suren Posted at 9-9 00:56
Im using an iMac and connect to my Zoom and its SD Card properly, have you tried reinstalling Assistant.

yeah, I've done it twice but no joy. would it be android file transfer app causing issues?
2020-9-9
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

crosswired Posted at 9-9 00:58
yeah, I've done it twice but no joy. would it be android file transfer app causing issues?

Not sure on that, I just downloaded it  and it worked.
2020-9-9
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

crosswired Posted at 9-9 00:58

Have you been able to use DJI Assistant before with your drone and MacBook Pro?

Make sure you have correct version of DJI Assistant for Mavic Air 2.  
Remember seeing where somebody ran into problems with DJI Assistant, and they had wrong version.
2020-9-9
Use props
vitaly258
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1311375 ft
United Kingdom

try different cables. my anker USB-C to USB-C doesn’t work as well. using this one https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/prod ... e?ie=UTF8&psc=1 with USB-C adapter and it works perfectly well
2020-9-9
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to this concern. May I know the version of the operating system your MacBook Pro is using please? Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.
2020-9-9
Use props
Electromen
lvl.3
Flight distance : 275531 ft
United States

I have a new 16" MacBook Pro.  The only cable I've had work is the one that came with the MA2.
2020-9-9
Use props
crosswired
lvl.4
Ireland

DJI Paladin Posted at 9-9 11:03
Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to this concern. May I know the version of the operating system your MacBook Pro is using please? Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.

Hi,
I'm using Catalina 10.15.6 (19G2021)
Thanks,
Kris
2020-9-10
Use props
crosswired
lvl.4
Ireland

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 9-9 04:30
Have you been able to use DJI Assistant before with your drone and MacBook Pro?

Make sure you have correct version of DJI Assistant for Mavic Air 2.  

yes, it worked for me on previous Macbook Pro (2014) with 'standard' USB ports, since upgrade to 2016 model it doesnt.
Downloaded Assistant from Air 2 downloads so it should be right version tho as Windows version works alright
2020-9-10
Use props
crosswired
lvl.4
Ireland

vitaly258 Posted at 9-9 06:55
try different cables. my anker USB-C to USB-C doesn’t work as well. using this one https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07215381G/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1 with USB-C adapter and it works perfectly well

I'm using this one: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/prod ... 0?ie=UTF8&psc=1
its working with my Samsung 20+ so should with the drone as well.
Anyways, will try other cable (Syncwire) with USB C adapter and report back
Cheers
2020-9-10
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

crosswired Posted at 9-10 06:06
yes, it worked for me on previous Macbook Pro (2014) with 'standard' USB ports, since upgrade to 2016 model it doesnt.
Downloaded Assistant from Air 2 downloads so it should be right version tho as Windows version works alright

Long shot.  
Attach a USB hub to 2016 MacBook Pro, connect Mavic Air2 to USB hub.
2020-9-10
Use props
crosswired
lvl.4
Ireland

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 9-10 14:10
Long shot.  
Attach a USB hub to 2016 MacBook Pro, connect Mavic Air2 to USB hub.

yup, it worked cheers
2020-9-11
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

crosswired Posted at 9-11 08:28
yup, it worked  cheers

Glad to hear it worked.   
2020-9-14
Use props
Brad43
New

United Kingdom

You need MacBook Pro to connect with Mavic Pro and MacBook Air to connect with Mavic Air, hence theft of terminology.

Hope this helped.
2021-2-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules