Android 11
3849 10 2020-9-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JasonL.
New
United States

Hi,

Apparently last night all of my mobile phones were upgraded to the newly released Android 11.  On each device the DJI Fly app crashes on load.  I now have no way of flying my drone.  Is there a fix for this or any kind of workaround?  
2020-9-9
Use props
TAC57
lvl.2
Flight distance : 117835 ft
United States

I am having the same problem.  This Android 11 release on my Pixel 3 XL is not a beta release, it the production release so I would think DJI should be aware of what's going on.
2020-9-9
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi there, due to the differences in the secondary development of Android 11 by mobile phone manufacturers, we are actively working to adapt the Android 11 system to compatibility. Before the App update record shows that it is compatible with Android 11, it is recommended that you do not update to the Android 11 system, so as to avoid the situation that the software cannot be used normally, sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.

It is recommended that you can pay attention to the update record of the App to see if it is compatible with the Android 11 system. Thank you for your kind understanding.
2020-9-9
Use props
Fremnet
lvl.1
Flight distance : 38648 ft
Australia

DJI Natalia Posted at 9-9 18:32
Hi there, due to the differences in the secondary development of Android 11 by mobile phone manufacturers, we are actively working to adapt the Android 11 system to compatibility. Before the App update record shows that it is compatible with Android 11, it is recommended that you do not update to the Android 11 system, so as to avoid the situation that the software cannot be used normally, sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.  It is recommended that you can pay attention to the update record of the App to see if it is compatible with the Android 11 system. Thank you for your kind understanding.

Thats great, but that doesn't help us who are now stuck on Android 11, is there any sort of ETA? I'm documenting my house build and have been going out daily to take photos.
2020-9-9
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Fremnet Posted at 9-9 23:10
Thats great, but that doesn't help us who are now stuck on Android 11, is there any sort of ETA? I'm documenting my house build and have been going out daily to take photos.

Hi Fremnet, we have forwarded the request to the related team, there will be an update soon, however, we are waiting for the specific information at present, if there is an update, we'll let you know. Thanks for your patience.
2020-9-10
Use props
djiuser_w4QyfRCkEX00
New

Czechia

Hi, I just got this email from DJI support:

"
We are sorry for the inconvenience caused. The issue you reported is caused by the fact that the current DJI Fly app is not compatible with the newly launched official version of Android 11, which was released on September 9. DJI, like other third-party software providers, is working hard to release an app version that is compatible with Android 11 as soon as possible to minimize the impact on your daily use. Android 11 will be supported by DJI Fly app v1.1.8, which has been phase released and is expected to launch on September 13. Please pay attention to the update at that time.

Thank you for your understanding and support.

Best Regards,

Elizabeth Burke

DJI Technical Support
"

Hope it helps
2020-9-10
Use props
Fremnet
lvl.1
Flight distance : 38648 ft
Australia

I had to go back an android version so I could keep up with shooting the house build. Unfortunately I couldn't figure out how to back up my waypoints for my 3 hyperlapse runs so now I've lost those and everything no longer lines up (was using the hyperlapse to leave the drone in a known location so all my shots would line up. Stupid but it's the only way to actually get a waypoint mission)
2020-9-11
Use props
Olapos Bentneck
lvl.1
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2020-9-10 00:45
Hi Fremnet, we have forwarded the request to the related team, there will be an update soon, however, we are waiting for the specific information at present, if there is an update, we'll let you know. Thanks for your patience.

Hello, I know it has been quite a while, but my phone is just now offering to update to Android 11. Was the issue between Android 11 and the DJI Fly app resolved?
Thank you.
2021-5-20
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Olapos Bentneck Posted at 5-20 18:55
Hello, I know it has been quite a while, but my phone is just now offering to update to Android 11. Was the issue between Android 11 and the DJI Fly app resolved?
Thank you.

Hi there, the new version of our App has already been released. Thanks for your support.
2021-5-21
Use props
Olapos Bentneck
lvl.1
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 5-21 00:10
Hi there, we are sorry for the inconvenience.  We are still working on it now. The new version of our App will be released as soon as possible.

Thank you for the quick reply. I am curious, is the problem related to the Android 11 native screen recorder? If so, could the screen recorder be disabled?
Thank you.
2021-5-21
Use props
gherk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2727018 ft
  • >>>
Australia

New phone android 11.
Is there a workaround yet?
2021-7-9
Use props