Serious Bug in DJI Waypoint Settings
750 5 2020-9-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Old Man Mike
lvl.2
Flight distance : 376050 ft
United States

I've been doing a lot of programmed waypoint flying using Go4 app.  Today I tried testing the following setting:

RC signal loss: Return to Home

I tested this setting by folding the Smart Controller antennas into the storage position.  As the Mavic flew to the furtherest waypoints, the signal was loss and the controller display showed the Black/White screen.  I waited several seconds and then returned the antennas to normal position and could see that the Mavic was already in the RTH mode as expected.

Next I tried the following setting:

RC signal loss: Continue Mission

I tested as before.  This time when I reconnected after signal loss, Mavic was just hovering in place at what appeared to be near the position where the signal was lost.  So the Continue Mission setting was not working properly.  I retested it and got the same result.

This problem has been discussed previously starting back in March of 2019:

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=183552

Has there been any comments from DJI about this problem?  It is a serious bug for anyone that programs a mission expecting it to continue during loss of signal.

(and yes, I know about Litchi but prefer not to use 3rd party apps until DJI Care Refresh is done)

2020-9-11
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

I personally prefer Litchi for waypoints much more stable and reliable, more settings there as well including the option to set waypoints without having to connect to the drone and saving it.
2020-9-12
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi Mike, could you please help to provide the screen recording video, app log, and flight data? You may upload it to Dropbox or Google Drive, then share the link with me, I'll help to forward it to our engineers for a check. Thanks.
2020-9-14
Use props
Old Man Mike
lvl.2
Flight distance : 376050 ft
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 9-14 01:13
Hi Mike, could you please help to provide the screen recording video, app log, and flight data? You may upload it to Dropbox or Google Drive, then share the link with me, I'll help to forward it to our engineers for a check. Thanks.

Natalia,

I sent a personal message to you with the dropbox link.

Also, I think your engineers would better understand the problem if they read this thread:

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=183552

The basic problem is that during a loss of signal event, Mavic will not continue the mission after the signal is restored.  Instead it will hover in place.

2020-9-15
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Old Man Mike Posted at 9-15 01:40
Natalia,

I sent a personal message to you with the dropbox link.

Thanks for the information, I'll help to download and forward it to the related team.
2020-9-16
Use props
Grimtheviking
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11796312 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Same problem, Dji please resolve this issue.
2020-9-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules