Gimbal shake / overload / jello
443 5 2020-9-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
lee82gx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 435049 ft
Malaysia

I was just praising the Mavic Air 2 for its sturdy looking gimbal compared to Mavic Pro.

Anyway its my turn now.

One of the major tell tales is the super jello when yawing:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RTkPoD1VY94J-SahU-VlOt2FEeqfGZs7/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1S57dZmpAYRZZUjLtBQ_Qb2Nap1V6Njvo/view?usp=sharing

I swear it was functioning fine yesterday and today it just crapped out.

I'm now going to see how fast or how well this turns around for Malaysia DJI product (Officially with new 3rd party service provider....)

2020-9-16
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to this concern. May I know did the drone experienced any hard landing or crash prior from getting this issue. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.
2020-9-16
Use props
lee82gx
lvl.4
Malaysia

DJI Paladdin,

No there was no crash nor hard landing. In fact I hand land all the time. I contacted my local dealer and they gave me an address for Authorized DJI service center for Malaysia. Will ship it out today.
2020-9-16
Use props
lee82gx
lvl.4
Malaysia

Just want to give a shout out to DJI and the Malaysian service center via GKS UAV Sdn Bhd, and the distributor as well as the dealer.

It was a clean and straightforward RMA. I sent my drone to the distributor on 17 Sept. It was received on 23rd Sept 2020. Yesterday 3rd Oct 2020, I received my drone back and it looks OK, gimbal wise. For sure it has a new gimbal / camera assembly. I'm glad there was no attempt to "calibrate" or flash upgrade / downgrade FW.
2020-10-3
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

I watched your first clip and there was no sign of jello in the footage at all - none. It would seem you do not know what jello is, and were mistaking the CMOS effect for jello. All that yawing back and forth produces an artifact called CMOS skew that is common to almost all cameras. In fact, I could not see anything wrong with your camera at all.
2020-10-3
Use props
lee82gx
lvl.4
Malaysia

Arguably, yes. I did not manage to share there the one with severe shaking, which is includes the screen capture of "gimbal" overloaded.

As an aside, I realise now this is the rolling shutter effect and it is more severe if your gimbal is overloaded...

2020-10-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules