Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jono
lvl.2
Flight distance : 361604 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hey guys,

We've got a lot of initial beta testers making some awesome maps. If anyone is interested in trying out DroneDeploy to make some maps/3D Models with their Phantom 3 just check out our blog post. The past few weeks we've focused on Inspire 1 beta testers but it is open to everybody.

https://blog.dronedeploy.com/dro ... a-test-a498cabb0bcb

2015-6-23
Use props
gil
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

Apparently that is NOT true.  After they get your name and email address on the first screen the next screen informs you of the following if you checked Phantom 3:

Only Inspire 1 supported at the moment
Unfortunately we're waiting on a public firmware release from DJI for the Phantom
3 to enable third party application support. The most recent version at time of
writing (V1.2.6) unfortunately doesn't support this.

2015-6-23
Use props
jono
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Don't worry. If you entered your information, we'll be sending you information in the next week or so.
2015-6-23
Use props
jono
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

It is true about the beta firmware, but we have permission to share with some of our beta testers now so we look forward to having more people flying with the Phantom 3, it makes much better maps than we've seen with people flying the Phantom 2s.
2015-6-23
Use props
JtrJr-UAV Pilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4341 ft
United States

What's this like a job? I need to fill out an application and get "selected" to beta test your software for you? My money, my hardware and my time. I guess I just don't get it. I'm a beta and alpha tester for a few other developers and they seem to understand that what I do for them is helpful to improving their product. Sounds like you're looking for free test pilots that have to somehow "qualify" to be selected. Just comes across as "Hey, have we got a deal for you! If you qualify and we select you, you can test our application for us. And guess what? You can do it for free!!!". I'd venture to guess that I might just qualify but I think I'll pass on this one. Maybe it just rubbed me the wrong way...

Jerry
2015-6-23
Use props
Willie Wonka
lvl.4

United States

JtrJr-UAV Pilot Posted at 2015-6-24 09:37
What's this like a job? I need to fill out an application and get "selected" to beta test your softw ...

Lol just what I was gonna say.
2015-6-23
Use props
JtrJr-UAV Pilot
Second Officer
United States

Willie Wonka Posted at 2015-6-24 10:51
Lol just what I was gonna say.

Willie,

Well at least we don't have to worry about being "rejected"!

Jerry
2015-6-23
Use props
Willie Wonka
lvl.4

United States

JtrJr-UAV Pilot Posted at 2015-6-24 11:06
Willie,

Well at least we don't have to worry about being "rejected"!

Lol that's right, and I put on my application that I am a rocket scientist working in nasa.  
2015-6-23
Use props
JtrJr-UAV Pilot
Second Officer
United States

Willie Wonka Posted at 2015-6-24 11:14
Lol that's right, and I put on my application that I am a rocket scientist working in nasa.

And I thought it was NAZA not NASA! Shows you how much I know!

Jerry
2015-6-23
Use props
Willie Wonka
lvl.4

United States

JtrJr-UAV Pilot Posted at 2015-6-24 11:23
And I thought it was NAZA not NASA! Shows you how much I know!

Jerry

Lol and I should have added I had my masters degree at the naza institute of dronalgy.
2015-6-23
Use props
ZET
lvl.1

Turkey

JtrJr-UAV Pilot Posted at 2015-6-24 09:37
What's this like a job? I need to fill out an application and get "selected" to beta test your softw ...

Exactly...
2015-6-24
Use props
jono
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Your feedback about the application is understandable. The reason for it was that we could roll out the app in batches to different sets of people. Early releases went to people who had a lot more experience beta testing and were willing to work through a lot of bugs as we got them mapping. We also wanted to avoid international for the early beta testers so we could provide constant support to anybody having problems. The reason I posted here is that we are about to open it up to everyone and then do a full release over the next month. I hope you're still interested, but if not I understand. You do get to make all the maps you want for free while in the beta test though!
2015-6-24
Use props
JtrJr-UAV Pilot
Second Officer
United States

jono@dronedeplo Posted at 2015-6-25 01:15
Your feedback about the application is understandable. The reason for it was that we could roll out  ...

Jono,

Appreciate the reply. I'm already doing quite a bit of "free" testing for a few other developers right now. Good luck with your endeavor!

Jerry
2015-6-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules