Something about Mavic Air 2
786 5 2020-9-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ceacutesar Mtz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 219150 ft
Mexico

Hi, I just received my MA2 two days ago, I already read a lot about it and watched a lot of videos too, but if someone can give me more advises. suggestions or ideas about how can I take care of my drone would be great, thank you...

I just want to know what is normal and what is not with this drone...

And I want to share something strange for me:

Right now I´m testing the drone and when I´m playing videos recorded at 4k 60fps or 4k HDR 30fps everything looks great, but with 4k at 24fps video they look choppy when playing them (I´m using VLC), so I was creating this post about that issue and started to upload the video to YT (I thought that something was wrong with the drone, phone, memory or something), but when I watched my own video in YT, it played normally, not choppy at all, so I tried another video player (5KPlayer) with the same video and everything was ok, but now in the new video player I can´t play the 4k 60fps video

It is weird that I can play 4k 60fps and 4k 30fps videos in VLC smoothly, but I can´t play the 4k 24fps video, and in the new video player I can play smoothly the 4k 24fps video, but I can´t play the 4k 60fps video

2020-9-16
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Many congrats - it's an excellent drone. As a quick pointer, note that when recording 4K-60p or 1080p-240p the drone records in H.265 only - your computer may not have a processor powerful enough to handle it. 4K-HDR at 30p records in H.264 so should be fine.
2020-9-16
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Ceacutesar Mtz. Thank you for reaching out and congratulations on your new DJI Mavic Air 2. As A J posted on post #2. Kindly please try using a PC with an enough power to play the said videos. In addition,  I will be posting a link where in you can see some preflight safe checklist for you to be able to have a safe and wonderful fight experience ( https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... y_Guidelines_eu.pdf ). Thank you and happy flying always.
2020-9-16
Use props
M4cr0s
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1404308 ft
Norway

I've had some weird playback issues with VLC with .265 content at certain framerates and configurations. This may be a codec and/or software issue. My backup solution to check if footage is actually smooth is "Laewo Blu-ray Player" which for some reason, probably licensing of the codec stuff, seems to play everything back perfect...if it is perfect. I use it to check footage when in doubt, but otherwise VLC since its much faster and more versatile.

It is generally possible to get things to playback as it should in VLC if you play around with the "Hardware-accelarated decoding" settings under "Input / codecs" and "Output" under "Video". However you might get undesirable results when attempting to playback files from other cameras. For instance, settings that plays back drone .265 perfectly, leads to a full crash when playing back .265 from my system camera.

Good luck.
2020-9-17
Use props
Shockingbird
lvl.2
Flight distance : 929465 ft
  • >>>
United States

And the reason it's playing fine in YouTube is because it's converted the video into a format your computer can play back smoothly.
2020-9-17
Use props
Ceacutesar Mtz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 219150 ft
Mexico

M4cr0s Posted at 9-17 00:16
I've had some weird playback issues with VLC with .265 content at certain framerates and configurations. This may be a codec and/or software issue. My backup solution to check if footage is actually smooth is "Laewo Blu-ray Player" which for some reason, probably licensing of the codec stuff, seems to play everything back perfect...if it is perfect. I use it to check footage when in doubt, but otherwise VLC since its much faster and more versatile.

It is generally possible to get things to playback as it should in VLC if you play around with the "Hardware-accelarated decoding" settings under "Input / codecs" and "Output" under "Video". However you might get undesirable results when attempting to playback files from other cameras. For instance, settings that plays back drone .265 perfectly, leads to a full crash when playing back .265 from my system camera.

Yeah that was the problem, I just got really worried when I couldnt play the videos, my machine is not that bad (16gb ram, i7 8th and gtx1060) so I really thought it was the drone, but it wasn´t
Thank you all and sorry for the late reply
2020-10-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules