Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JasonCole
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1278360 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Evening Folks,

I have a Mavic Air 2 and i am shoting in 4K @ 60FPS in H265.

I can view the videos on my iMac Pro / MacBook / 27" imac fine. They play no issues.

When I try and export the videos they come out as a single repeated image (audio plays fine) for the entire video.

I have tried hardware and software rendering, almost every format on the list... HELP!

Here is an example of the output:   https://vimeo.com/457645724

Has anyone else had these issues and if so how did you fix it?

I am running Mac OS Catalina, latest O/S updates, Abobe Premiere Pro (lartest version and Updates).

Any advice would be very much appreciatted as at the moment I cant edit or export any of my footage!

Thanks
Jason
2020-9-16
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to using third party hardware. I hope that our valued DJI members can provide you the best recommendation for this query. Thank you.
2020-9-17
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

is this straight from the SD card or is that the results of after you rendered the video? The video from the drone itself doesn't have any audio and since you said audio is playing fine I have to assume you are adding audio through software. What software are you using to render with if that is the case?
2020-9-17
Use props
JasonCole
lvl.2
  • >>>
Australia

The video has been copied off the card onto the computer and I am using Adobe Premiere (latest version) to do the editing. The video plays fine from the computer (before editing etc).The issue happens when I export the video using Premiere as per the link above. With out without Audio doesnt make any difference,
2020-9-17
Use props
MisterFrag
Second Officer
Flight distance : 603143 ft
United States

I don’t have a Mac and can’t offer any specific help, but H.265 is not an editing codec — it is for acquisition and delivery. I strongly suggest transcoding to an intermediate editing codec such as ProRes. That will yield much better performance and probably also solve the issue you are having.
2020-9-17
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

MisterFrag Posted at 9-17 14:45
I don’t have a Mac and can’t offer any specific help, but H.265 is not an editing codec — it is for acquisition and delivery. I strongly suggest transcoding to an intermediate editing codec such as ProRes. That will yield much better performance and probably also solve the issue you are having.

I fully agree with MisterFrag, both H.264 and h.265 are transport streams, and difficult to edit with, they are intended to be used to send video, primarily by air, to reception systems. They are now increasingly being used by companies like DJH to save disk space and reduce transmission overheads, and that is not their primary purpose.

Import the files into Premiere as ProRes files, do all you post-production in that format, and output as MPEG files when rendering, you will find it a much easier process.
2020-9-17
Use props
JasonCole
lvl.2
  • >>>
Australia

Geebax Posted at 9-17 15:33
I fully agree with MisterFrag, both H.264 and h.265 are transport streams, and difficult to edit with, they are intended to be used to send video, primarily by air, to reception systems. They are now increasingly being used by companies like DJH to save disk space and reduce transmission overheads, and that is not their primary purpose.

Import the files into Premiere as ProRes files, do all you post-production in that format, and output as MPEG files when rendering, you will find it a much easier process.

Ok thanks for that will do. Will i lose a lot of quality doing the conversion to ProRes?
2020-9-18
Use props
MisterFrag
Second Officer
Flight distance : 603143 ft
United States

No,you won’t notice any difference in the detail / quality when transcoding to ProRes.
2020-9-19
Use props
JasonCole
lvl.2
  • >>>
Australia

Ok great thanks, this is working well! Yay! Its such a shame though that I have to convert every video, I never had to do that with the Mavic2, Phantom4, inspire1 etc...
2020-9-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules