Gimbal follow heading behaviour
471 2 2020-9-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_M6UBkkIT8tcF
lvl.1

Netherlands

Hi,

I am working on a project where we are using a drone (Matrice 210RTK) to take still images of various points along a route in different angles. For each position we need several images at different yaw & pitche angles relative to the path. Due to restrictions in the Drone control sofware we can only use the pitch of the gimbal but have to rotate the entire drone to get the yaw. The gimbal (Zenmuse X7) does support yaw but for reason I won't go into we cannot use that.
However we are experiencing a problem with the gimbal. The gimbal keeps its absolute attitude when the drone is rotated and slowly comes arround to face in the new drone heading. This functionality is great for video but for photos it slows down our flights as it takes about 2 seconds for the gimbal to come round on a 180° turn.
What I am looking for is away to disable this behaviour (or speed it up).
I have tried various gimbal option but none of these have so far been able to change this behaviour in any way. In the documentation there is no explicit mention of this behaviour so I tried most of the options which seemed related to gimbal yaw.

The options we have tried
* Controller strength and Smooth Track are not supported (as reported by the gimbal capabilities)
* Gimbal mode. In all modes (Free, FPV, Follow) the camera slowly follows
* Yaw simulutaneous Follow. Enable or disable does not make a difference.
* Controller Max Speed, Speed Coefficient and Smoothing factor. Tried max/min for each setting (combined) but this has no effect, the turn speeds stays the same (visual observation).

Attitude keeping of pitch and roll are not important as the drone is hovering in place when taking the stills (even if the images are not perfectly level it is not a problem)

My question basically is: Is it possible make the camera yaw stick with the drone heading. Otherwise is there a way to increase the speed at which the camera follows the drone heading?
2020-9-18
Use props
DJI_Lisa
lvl.4
United States

are you programming for android or iOS?
2020-9-18
Use props
DJI_Lisa
lvl.4
United States

have you tried: https://developer.dji.com/api-re ... rotationmode_inline]