1155 12 2020-9-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JJMik
lvl.4
Flight distance : 24572349 ft
  • >>>
United States

Please help me out.. DJIGo4 on my smart controller crashes every time I try to sync my flight records at 30%.  How do I get flight record to Dji?

DJI sent me a different drone when I sent mine in for repair. I had a battery voltage error  500 ft away and it’s at the bottom of a river.  I did get a cold battery message but hovered for a couple minutes before flying.  Outside temps were 50s.  

One thing I noticed about the new drone was that the batteries weren’t flush with the outside body ..  you could pull up on them and there was play even though the battery was latched.  My batteries are not puffy..

I would like to know what happened for piece of mind .. really horrible being so close  and seeing your drone land on water.. I was 200 ft from home..lost the drone and some amazing pictures.
2020-9-20
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13498560 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Firstly - sorry for the loss mate. If you have noticed that the battery was not clipping in properly you should not have flown the drone, that alone was a Hugh risk. You should have sent the drone back to dji.
2020-9-20
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13978875 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sorry to read of your loss
2020-9-21
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13498560 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Try connecting your smart controller to a pc and check if you can extract the logs from there.
2020-9-21
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi JJMik, I'm sorry to hear about the difficulties that you encountered. Kindly please connect your Smart Controller to the computer, the storage path of the flight records is: RM500–Internal shared storage--DJI-dji.go.v4--FlightRecord

As the picture below shows, please export the whole flight record folder (including the MCDatFlightRecords folder).
By the way, I've managed to get your case number and the ticket number via your forum account, after export the flight record, kindly please let us know the incident date, time, detailed description; And the cached video is also needed. I will forward your case and ticket to the related team to follow up, kindly please wait for the email update. Thanks.

2020-9-21
Use props
JJMik
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Maybe there is something wrong with the controller.  It asks me if I want to charge or transfer files when I plug it into the MacBook Air.  But it doesn’t let me choose one of those options..  stays on charging ..  nothing comes up on my computer.

Should this be just like reading a flash drive on my computer?  Is there something I could be doing wrong?  Definitely but as simple as what is being stated here ..  thanks for trying to help though..
2020-9-25
Use props
JJMik
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Ok would not let me choose file transfer option from initial screen but I found the option elsewhere in controller options...  still nothing shows up on my MacBook air
2020-9-25
Use props
JJMik
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Again  this is an android controller..  will it work in a Mac computer?
2020-9-25
Use props
JJMik
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Using dji stock cable  I think it’s the one that came with it...  says dji on it..  I’ll try another cable..
2020-9-25
Use props
JJMik
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Smart controller does not show up on my MacBook Air.  It does show up on our school dell  but that won’t work because it’s a school computer (not ours)  and we can not install drivers needed for it to work..  so it sure seems to me the Smart Controller is not compatible with an Apple computer.  If you know it does please Talk me through it like I never saw a computer before...  lol  
2020-9-25
Use props
JJMik
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

JJMik Posted at 9-25 08:35
Smart controller does not show up on my MacBook Air.  It does show up on our school dell  but that won’t work because it’s a school computer (not ours)  and we can not install drivers needed for it to work..  so it sure seems to me the Smart Controller is not compatible with an Apple computer.  If you know it does please Talk me through it like I never saw a computer before...  lol

"DJI Support have been very unhelpful with this issue. After three weeks of them ignoring my detailed emails from me illustrating the problem, and trivial replies from DJI support where they obviously hadn't even read my emails, I finally got the reply below today (unedited):

We would like to inform that, we got feedback from our Engineers about your concern, with this, please be advised that the Mac OS doesn't compatible with Android device well. Normally, users can not transfer files between Mac and Android device. So if you choose the options that for transferring files, the Mac will going to not recognize the controller."

SO IT IS NOT POSSIBLE TO GET MY FLIGHT RECORDS OFF SMART CONTROLLER!!!!  SO IM SCREWED  because I the only PC I have is out for repairs for the next 4-6 weeks lol....
2020-9-25
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12260774 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

JJMik Posted at 9-25 08:52
Ok this forum is officially NOT HELPFUL... at least admit your not sure when you post or don post if you DONT KNOW...  I found this......  My fault for not searching harder..

"DJI Support have been very unhelpful with this issue. After three weeks of them ignoring my detailed emails from me illustrating the problem, and trivial replies from DJI support where they obviously hadn't even read my emails, I finally got the reply below today (unedited):

Hi,

As the SC runs on android, can`t you use the file explorer and copy/paste the flightlogs to a usb inserted memory card?

This is how i xfer y logs from a android device to a card.

PS don`t have  SC myself, so could be totally wrong ofcourse....

cheers
JJB
2020-9-25
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

JJMik Posted at 9-25 08:52

We would like to inform that, we got feedback from our Engineers about your concern, with this, please be advised that the Mac OS doesn't compatible with Android device well. Normally, users can not transfer files between Mac and Android device. So if you choose the options that for transferring files, the Mac will going to not recognize the controller."

Hi there, sorry for all the inconvenience caused. The Smart Controller is essentially an Android device, but the Mac is not compatible with Android devices. Generally, it is not possible to transfer files directly through a USB connection. Allow users to contact Apple for support.
Note: Regarding how to transfer files from Android devices to MAC computers, below is a link to you for reference:
https://www.android.com/filetransfer/

I've managed to get your ticket number via your forum account, I will escalate your issue to the related team to follow up, kindly please wait for the email update. Thanks.
2020-9-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules