All These Battery Issues, But No Solution for Me
398 5 2020-9-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Chinkley16
lvl.1
Flight distance : 76184 ft
United States

I received my Mavic Air 2 last week. After unboxing, I set the drone up, charged all the batteries, and took it out for a couple of flights. As of this writing, I have less than 45 minutes of flight time on the drone. Anyways after the first couple of flights I started to get "Battery Installation Error - 30068." Not a communication error, an installation error. The error is not consistent and happens on all 3 batteries. I've tried removing them, reinstalling them, but to no avail, nothing I do prevents this error from appearing. I have gone through all the steps listed on the forum and given by DJI support, for the activation issues, and my conclusion is that this isn't a battery issue, it is a workmanship issue. The metal contacts on each side of the housing are not making contact with the battery tabs and as a result I am getting this error and the drone will not fly. If I squeeze the body of the drone next to the battery housing, BINGO the warning goes out and the drone is ready for take off. Sometimes the drone stays that way, but more often than not as soon as I let go of the drone, the error comes back on and all LEDs go red.

This is extremely frustrating as I love this drone when it works, but the inconsistency and unreliability of it are driving me nuts. Especially when I take it out to a spot I really want to photograph and no matter what I do it will not work.

With that said I have been going back and forth with DJI support. I have requested a replacement as I am currently in the 15 day window and this is definitely a workmanship issue. I sent a reply on Saturday to one of their representative's emails and on Sunday received an email from DJI saying that I hadn't responded in over two days. I don't know where that came from as I did respond.

I am concerned that they are going to push this out beyond the 15 days and tell me I can no longer exchange it (bought directly from DJI not a dealer). I don't want to get it repaired because I paid for a brand new drone and got one with issues.

Has anyone else had issues with defects in the housing? Have you had luck with DJI support in getting the issue rectified? It's discouraging the spend almost $1,000 on a drone (fly more combo) and end up with a bag full of flashing plastic.
2020-9-21
Use props
turmfunker
lvl.1
Germany

A canadian friend of mine, whom I gifted an Air 2, experienced this error - 30068 issue right after unpacking and having charged the 3 batteries from his fly-more-combo the first time.
My 3 batteries had no issues, we purchased it at the same time, he ordered in New-York, I bought mine in Duesseldorf, Germany.
In my country this issue almost doesn't exist, whereas obviously some Air 2, sold in the USA seem affected, when only judging about the count of forum notifications from unsatisfied customers...
After 4 weeks travelling through whole North-America, he should get it back today, the repair-time in Los-Angeles was 5 days, which is ok.
Really not OK at all is the fact, that he had to send it for repair at all.
In Germany we would have sent it back, without any explanation and ordered a new one, or expecting DJI to offer exactly that on own motivation !
We haven't been told yet, what was defective, only that it's covered by warranty.
But, for having to miss his brandnew product for 4 weeks, and the canadian summer now gone, he will receive some propellers :-(
Wow !
2020-9-21
Use props
JM.REYES
lvl.4
Flight distance : 84423 ft
Spain

Hi all. my advice is that you see if there is any official DJI service near where you are. In my case I have one 20 minutes by car. If you find it, come closer with all the equipment and the purchase invoice, let them take charge of giving you a solution. Another way, I suppose that it is the one you are doing, there will be a case directly on the DJI website, assistance section, providing an invoice for warranty verification and detailed description of the problem. If I do it with a problem that you have with my MA2 and They gave me a solution, sending my equipment to be repaired completely covered by the guarantee, they gave me a case number and sent me to UPS to pick up the drone, of course, completely free.
2020-9-21
Use props
Chinkley16
lvl.1
United States

Thanks for your replies. The issue here isn't about getting a bad unit repaired. We paid for a new serviceable unit and what we got was not that. DJI should take that unit back and send a new one right out. If they want to repair it and sell it as a refurbished unit later on, that is their prerogative. Especially if the issue is identified within the 15 day window. I have gotten an email from support this afternoon and it sounds like they may do what I am asking.

The primary reason for the post was that I see all the battery communication error posts and fixes but couldn't find much about physical problems with the drone itself other than a short video on YouTube. I wanted to know how many other cases were out there. I wish my only problem was a battery that won't charge or wake up. Unfortunately not having the drone I anticipated to have is the frustrating part.
2020-9-21
Use props
Chinkley16
lvl.1
United States

Short video showing what is happening. As you can see if I squeeze the body of the drone, the red lights change and the drone is ready to take off. When I let go, the lights turn back to red. I have been exchanging emails for 4 days with DJI about sending this one back. They requested all my info as well as the SN but still waiting for a reply.

https://youtu.be/IVOIhw13j2g
2020-9-22
Use props
Chinkley16
lvl.1
United States

Well, judging by the email I received from DJI today, they will be "repairing" as opposed to "replacing." It's bad enough that they wait 24-48 hours to respond to emails but then they don't even honor their own policies. Direct from DJI's website:

Replacement Policy

You can request our Replacement Service:

√ Within 15 calendar days of receiving the product if the product does not match the original description of the product in one or more significant respects.
√ Within 15 calendar days of receiving the product if the product suffers performance failure.

PRETTY CLEAR DJI. I'd say a drone that won't take off suffers from performance failure!!

2020-9-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules