2836 11 2020-9-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
raulvolador
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4771427 ft
Spain

Hi,

As you know, Mavic Mini controller is so basic that only two physical buttons available: Power and RTH (Return to Home). Litchi flying app team has succeed on getting a programmable custom function for RTH button. It works by performing a short press over RTH button. You have to enter Litchi setup for choosing desired fuction among many availables: speed mode, gimbal reset, map view...
It's possible assigning different functions to RTH button, one for each Litchi flight mode: FPV, Pano, Focus, Tracking,....

And don't worry about main returning home feature. It still works same way as usual. You only have to perform a LONG press over RTH button, remember Litchi custom function is assigned to SHORT press.

Take into account you need Litchi from v4.18.0_BETA-g Build 3640.

This feature is great for FPV flying using VR goggles !

R.

2020-9-21
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks for sharing
2020-9-21
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Thanks for sharing
2020-9-21
Use props
Flaming
lvl.4
Flight distance : 250541 ft
Canada

A short press on the RTH button on the DJI Fly app serve as a emergency break .. just go foward full speed in sport mode and do a short press .. you will see what i mean .. i prefer this fonction over anything else.
But yes , thank you for sharing this info for Litchi
2020-9-21
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for sharing
2020-9-21
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there R. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing this video with us. Have a safe and a happy flying always.
2020-9-21
Use props
Donut
lvl.4
Flight distance : 42415 ft
United States

I’m confused. If DJI has been doing updates. Why do we have to $ buy some other program ‘Litchi’ when the technology is available to work in our MM why haven’t DJI done those upgrades for us. We should not have to go to another program when it could be already added to out MM. I don’t want to have to buy another program.
2020-9-22
Use props
Renato61
Second Officer
Flight distance : 168163 ft
Italy

Donut Posted at 9-22 08:59
I’m confused. If DJI has been doing updates. Why do we have to $ buy some other program ‘Litchi’ when the technology is available to work in our MM why haven’t DJI done those upgrades for us. We should not have to go to another program when it could be already added to out MM. I don’t want to have to buy another program.

Because dji hasn't made many improvements to the app.
If you want more advanced functions, although sdk is limited, buy Litchi or other apps.
Nobody forces you.

2020-9-22
Use props
Donut
lvl.4
United States

Renato61 Posted at 9-22 09:38
Because dji hasn't made many improvements to the app.
If you want more advanced functions, although sdk is limited, buy Litchi or other apps.
Nobody forces you.

Great I thought DJI was better than that and I thought they cared about us but I guess they don’t.  
That’s a shame.
2020-9-22
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Donut Posted at 9-22 18:38
Great I thought DJI was better than that and I thought they cared about us but I guess they don’t.  
That’s a shame.

You seem to subscribe to the idea that you buy a product with a given set of features, then wait a while and the company will then give you a whole bunch of new features for free.

Tell me how many other companies you know of that will do that?
2020-9-22
Use props
Donut
lvl.4
United States

Geebax Posted at 9-22 18:45
You seem to subscribe to the idea that you buy a product with a given set of features, then wait a while and the company will then give you a whole bunch of new features for free.

Tell me how many other companies you know of that will do that?

It seams strange that someone can make another program that someone else makes that works and add features to the controller DJI mini. I’m sure DJI has the ability to add it fore us.
I and many others would rather have it from DJI and not a second party.
It’s like devotion to DJI.
2020-9-22
Use props
raulvolador
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4771427 ft
Spain

Donut Posted at 9-22 08:59

Take into account DJI business is making drones, not developing software. They are selling a great hardware but DJI Fly app is for free.

In the other way, they are not very interested adding so much funtionality to an entry level drone. For sure they will prefer you to buy a more advanced model.

That's the reason you have to pay some money for a third part control app like Litchi.

R.

2020-9-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules