Mavic Air 2 Active track with a road Bike
770 12 2020-9-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nickjones.1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 197451 ft
United Kingdom

After an unexpected water issue with the whole Mavic Air 2 Fly more combo .

Its nice to have the replacment in hand and what a treat the Active Track is. I really enjoy using this function.

P.S thank you to DJI and their care refresh team who fixed me up.

https://www.skypixel.com/videos/winchester-viaduct-active-track-road-cycling?utm_source=copied&utm_medium=PCWeb&utm_campaign=share&sp=0
2020-9-22
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13438648 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Thanks for sharing
2020-9-22
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nice, thanks for sharing!!
2020-9-22
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Looks nice!
2020-9-22
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Cool footage!
2020-9-22
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Thank you for sharing the video, appreciate your support to our service as well, happy and safe flying.
2020-9-22
Use props
kiminx
Second Officer
Flight distance : 149032 ft
Indonesia

nice tracking footage. scary when MA2 changed in front tracking and moved to your back. but why at the end clip, MA2 lost tracking and stop?
2020-9-22
Use props
nickjones.1
lvl.2
United Kingdom

kiminx Posted at 9-22 20:56
nice tracking footage. scary when MA2 changed in front tracking and moved to your back. but why at the end clip, MA2 lost tracking and stop?

Hi Kiminx,

Thanks and initially when the drone does a U turn like that it was scary, but i have now got used to it and plan for it to happen, for some reason i cant make my drone fly backwards and track with the front camera, it always likes to do a u turn and fly forward.

It also sometimes gets confused which is understandable, it got confused between me and the other chap on the path, and so lost it's target. But made for a good end shot.
2020-9-23
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nicely done.    
2020-9-23
Use props
InsaneDiego
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1376841 ft
United States

nickjones.1 Posted at 9-23 00:27
Hi Kiminx,

Thanks and initially when the drone does a U turn like that it was scary, but i have now got used to it and plan for it to happen, for some reason i cant make my drone fly backwards and track with the front camera, it always likes to do a u turn and fly forward.

I've been using it on my bike as well. You have to be essentially perfectly straight and even then it's not long before the craft does a u-turn and goes back to follow mode. Disappointing. Especially if you are straight and maintaining the same pace.
2020-9-23
Use props
nickjones.1
lvl.2
United Kingdom

InsaneDiego Posted at 9-23 05:15
I've been using it on my bike as well. You have to be essentially perfectly straight and even then it's not long before the craft does a u-turn and goes back to follow mode. Disappointing. Especially if you are straight and maintaining the same pace.

I agree, it is disappointing, especially as there are rear facing sensors.  and that u turn can sometimes be rather wide.

It would be good if we could tell the drone to following flying backwards.
2020-9-23
Use props
InsaneDiego
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1376841 ft
United States

nickjones.1 Posted at 9-23 05:18
I agree, it is disappointing, especially as there are rear facing sensors.  and that u turn can sometimes be rather wide.

It would be good if we could tell the drone to following flying backwards.

When I did a really nice test the other day (perfectly straight road), the u-turn came within inches of nabbing a building. Very scary. I can only assume the rear sensor saw the building which is why it stopped and then started to move forward again.
2020-9-23
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nicely done.
2020-9-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now