Reverse Controller Camera Gimbal Pitch Direction
653 5 2020-9-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Elkmont Firefly
lvl.1
United States

Good Evening. I am new to this forum so I expect I will not do something correctly but I have a question.

I really want to reverse the Controller Camera Gimbal Pitch Direction on my Phantom 4 Pro Controller. I have already reversed the stick mode so that when I push forward the drone descends and when I pull back the drone climbs. I want to do the same with the Gimbal Pitch dial on the controller. I know I have seen older forum threads about this on-line, but I couldn't find them on here. I would be willing to change the wiring in the controller if there is no other way, and it is possible.

Many may ask why I would want to do this. To me it is totally logical and should be no other way. I am an experienced airline pilot and have been flying airplanes for over 33 years. When you pull up on the control stick, the airplane climbs. When you push down on the control stick, the airplane descends. I want my drone and camera to act the same way. It is confusing me that it doesn't and has caused me to do too many reshoots when filming, which is the main purpose of my drone business so far.

I know those of you who grew up in the X-Box era won't get this at all. My friends hate to use my gaming controllers because I always have the look inverted, but I am hoping DJI will take this seriously enough to provde a method to solve this issue for people like me. It is annoying that the stick controls can be changed but not the gimbal!

Thank you for your time and attention.

Sincerely,

Alex
2020-9-22
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Welcome Alex !!  I hope someone here can help with this matter
2020-10-11
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Spain

I think this is not Possible, maybe changing the cable position .... not sure , anyway ,this is a good suggestion for Dji technicians .....
2020-10-11
Use props
Elkmont Firefly
lvl.1
United States

How can I get DJI Manufacturer Reps involved in this discussion? Is it possible?
     Dana at Ohio Drone Repair (440)610-4292, said the cable in the controller is a ribbon cable. Therefore, it isn't just a simple matter of reversing the connections in there. Dana is a super nice guy, by the way, plus very helpful and informative! I highly recommend him for service.
2020-10-12
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Spain

sorry to inform you that the moderators' responses are not immediate ..... be patient
2020-10-12
Use props
Elkmont Firefly
lvl.1
United States

Thank you JetSam!
2020-10-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules