1698 3 2020-9-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ArizonaFlyer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 250932 ft
United States

Hello everyone!

My Mavic Pro has become unusable due to compass issues. Every time I turn it on, no matter where I place it, it gives me the Magnetic Interference and Compass Error message. I tried recalibrating multiple times using the DJI Assistant app, but it always ended in error. I had the Refresh service for the drone up until about 3 weeks ago when it expired. I had only used one of the two replacements. I tried flying it yesterday, but it began drifting, slowly rotating, and the gimbal would not function correctly so I made an emergency landing. As far as physical condition, it's brand new. Nothing that I know of has happened to the drone in the 1 1/2 years I've had it that would cause any problems to its performance. As far as I can tell, it is a manufacturing or software issue. Will DJI service this for me?

Stephen Roland
2020-9-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Stephen, sorry to hear the Mavic Pro was not working as expected, did you calibrate the compass via DJI Go 4? During the calibration, please be noted:
1. Do not calibrate your compass in a place where there is a chance of strong magnetic interference, such as magnetite, parking structures, and near steel reinforcements underground.
2. Do not carry ferromagnetic materials with you during calibration, such as keys and cell phones.
3. Do not calibrate your compass near any large metal objects.
4. Do not calibrate your compass indoors.
5. If the aircraft status indicators blink red and yellow after the calibration procedure, it indicates that the compass has detected interference. Please move your aircraft to a different location and try again.

If the issue persists in every place, you are recommended to send back the drone to DJI repair center for further diagnosis. Please start a ticket here: https://repair.dji.com/repair/index?site=brandsite&from=nav But if the warranty period and the DJI Care Refresh all have been expired, non-warranty service will be provided. Thanks for your understanding.
2020-9-26
Use props
danko0907
lvl.1

Croatia

Hello,

I need your help. I am owner of the DJI Mavic PRO drone and my problem is that the gimbal has stopped working after the fall due to damage with the flex cable. After changing the flex cable, the error "air encoder error (0x800000)" constantly appears, gimbal status N / A, there is no picture from the camera and it says that there is no micro SD card (I tried to format and change several types of SD cards). Secondly I has tried to update the drone to the latest version of the firmware (v01.04.0500) downloading> transmitting> and updating stops every time at 40% and after that the drone switches off and on at that moment and an error “upgrade error 0 * 02104” appears. I tried about 30 times and there is always the same mistake. I tried to update via the DJI GO4 app, but it still didn't work. I will mention that after changing the flex cable, the gimbal does its job and that through the dji assistant 2 application under the calibration option, I see a normal image from the camera on the computer, so I don't think it's a hardware error. As far as I've read on the forums, I'm not the only one who had an identical error but there I cant find some solutions, so please help me. I live in Croatia and because the situation with the coronavirus, I am not able to send you a drone for service. I kindly ask you to describe to me how to solve this problem (air encoder error (0x800000).

Thank you!

Danko Markić
2020-10-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

danko0907 Posted at 10-16 06:21
Hello,

I need your help. I am owner of the DJI Mavic PRO drone and my problem is that the gimbal has stopped working after the fall due to damage with the flex cable. After changing the flex cable, the error "air encoder error (0x800000)" constantly appears, gimbal status N / A, there is no picture from the camera and it says that there is no micro SD card (I tried to format and change several types of SD cards). Secondly I has tried to update the drone to the latest version of the firmware (v01.04.0500) downloading> transmitting> and updating stops every time at 40% and after that the drone switches off and on at that moment and an error “upgrade error 0 * 02104” appears. I tried about 30 times and there is always the same mistake. I tried to update via the DJI GO4 app, but it still didn't work. I will mention that after changing the flex cable, the gimbal does its job and that through the dji assistant 2 application under the calibration option, I see a normal image from the camera on the computer, so I don't think it's a hardware error. As far as I've read on the forums, I'm not the only one who had an identical error but there I cant find some solutions, so please help me. I live in Croatia and because the situation with the coronavirus, I am not able to send you a drone for service. I kindly ask you to describe to me how to solve this problem (air encoder error (0x800000).

Hi Danko, I'm sorry to hear about the accident with your drone. For fly safety considerations, it is not recommended to repair the drone by yourself, please contact our support team via http://www.dji.com/support to open a case, then send it in for a diagnosis at your most convenient, we'll do our best to assist. Thanks.
2020-10-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules