Stick Error on Every Start Up
886 15 2020-9-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans598edbb9
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI Mavic 2 Pro

Every time I start the controller, whether it is connected to my phone, iPad or neither I get the Stick Error Mesage and warning sound. I have to rcalibrate the sticks - usually straightforward but have also noticed the Mavic has sometimes had a tendency to drift and today when trying to calibrate the sticks the right hand one would be reading random percentages without me touching it. I was outside and away from buildings and electrical signals. I have deleted and reinstalled the DJI Go 4 app. No change, same error message on every start up. I take the joysticks out each time I pack away. The drone is stored in the DJI bag with controller, batteries and spare props. Apart from that I am unaware of any magnetic interference although have also had that warning a couple of times on start up too.
Today I was in gardens and also had a message telling me to recalibrate the Vision System which I duly did but sadly they did not prevent the stick error message once again.
I have also had problems when switching between T, P and S modes when flying. It makes no difference and also resetting  the brake today made no difference to reverse and side braking distances.  Seems like a catalogue of things wrong with a drone scarcely a year old. Perhaps a master reset.
I am at a loss. Software is up to date.  Any clues folks?
Thank you in advance.
Chris
2020-9-27
Use props
DroneOcle LLC
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1562641 ft
United States

I have experienced this many times myself.  I'm sure the answer is out there but I've yet to find it.  I have to admit, I haven't look THAT hard.  I have gotten used to the painful beeping noise and the fact that is corrects itself in about 90 seconds.  
2020-9-27
Use props
DroneOcle LLC
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1562641 ft
United States

I have experienced this many times myself.  I'm sure the answer is out there but I've yet to find it.  I have to admit, I haven't look THAT hard.  I have gotten used to the painful beeping noise and the fact that is corrects itself in about 90 seconds.  
2020-9-27
Use props
BrianKushner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 41420253 ft
  • >>>
United States

Been there. Had to return controller to DJI for new stick modules. Evidently they wear out fairly easily with heavy use. They didn't charge me for replacing the modules.
2020-9-27
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Does sounds like a hardware failure in the RC and needs to be returned
2020-9-28
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Chris. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Since you have calibrated the remote controller of your DJI Mavic 2 Pro and still the issue persist. I would recommend for you to contact our DJI support team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance. We have a team that will do there best to check the said remote controller and will give out the best resolution for this issue. Again, I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for your understanding.  
2020-9-28
Use props
fans598edbb9
lvl.1

United Kingdom

BrianKushner Posted at 9-27 19:21
Been there. Had to return controller to DJI for new stick modules. Evidently they wear out fairly easily with heavy use. They didn't charge me for replacing the modules.

Thanks, I have spare sticks so will try switching but there seems to be quite a few other glitches so will maybe send back to DJI.
2020-9-29
Use props
fans598edbb9
lvl.1

United Kingdom

BrianKushner Posted at 9-27 19:21

Thanks, I have spare sticks so will try switching but there seems to be quite a few other glitches so will maybe send back to DJI.
2020-9-29
Use props
fans598edbb9
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Thanks all, I have spare sticks so will try switching but there seems to be quite a few other glitches so will probably send back to DJI.

Chris
2020-9-29
Use props
CClose
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Ramon Posted at 9-29 01:30
El problema es debidido a que los potenciometros se ensucian y dan el fallo, limpiar potenciometros con limpia contactos y aire comprimido y problema solucionado.

Thank you.  I will try.
2020-9-29
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

I get it sporadically on my controller.  Calibration doesnt stop it.

Sometimes it seems to go away if i turn off, waggle all the sticks to the stops in all directions and try again.
Otherwise, it gets bored and stops beeping on its own after a while.
2020-9-29
Use props
kyalami
Second Officer
Flight distance : 17352513 ft
Sweden

CClose Posted at 9-29 01:33
Thank you.  I will try.

Hi,
How do you get in to the Go 4 RC in order to clean the pots? I only see 2 screws behind the leavers where the phone goes. Not that I have any problems, but would good to know for the future, should it happen to me too. Especially if the warranty is out. Or can you send the Go 4 into DJI somewhere for service? I have not been able to find anyone for service in Sweden. Where would you in such case send the unit to?
Edit: found the company SWEDRON for service i Sweden.
2020-9-29
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fans598edbb9 Posted at 9-29 01:06
Thanks all, I have spare sticks so will try switching but there seems to be quite a few other glitches so will probably send back to DJI.

Chris

Good luck with the new one
2020-9-29
Use props
CClose
lvl.1

United Kingdom

kyalami Posted at 9-29 05:36
Hi,
How do you get in to the Go 4 RC in order to clean the pots? I only see 2 screws behind the leavers where the phone goes. Not that I have any problems, but would good to know for the future, should it happen to me too. Especially if the warranty is out. Or can you send the Go 4 into DJI somewhere for service? I have not been able to find anyone for service in Sweden. Where would you in such case send the unit to?
Edit: found the company SWEDRON for service i Sweden.

I just used a blower brush and a soft tipped brush without dismantling the controller itself. It has not worked for me so far.
2020-9-29
Use props
kyalami
Second Officer
Flight distance : 17352513 ft
Sweden

CClose Posted at 9-29 05:41
I just used a blower brush and a soft tipped brush without dismantling the controller itself. It has not worked for me so far.

Thanks for quick reply. If it happens to me, I would probably give it in for service to be sure it gets fixed properly by experts.
2020-9-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules