Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gazza155gmail.com
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2144767 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Evening all

I’ve received a replacement mavic 2 pro from DJI today onnthe refresh program.

I’ve attempted to bind it with my smart controller and the Mavic 2 controller and neither will bind, the iframe turns the bind button red and the controllers just beep endlessly for 60 seconds and then, nothing.

Can anyone here help on a workaround?

Oh I checked on the assistant and it’s the latest firmwear as is my smart controller (inwas flying with the air 2 yesterday with it fine)

Thanks
2020-9-28
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Belgium

Guess you did it like described ...

start binding on the controller, then press the button on the mavic. I'm affraid it's all you can do. If that doesn't work, you better contact DJI to help out.

2020-9-28
Use props
gazza155gmail.com
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

JohnDG Posted at 9-28 11:38
Guess you did it like described ...

start binding on the controller, then press the button on the mavic. I'm affraid it's all you can do. If that doesn't work, you better contact DJI to help out.

Yup that's what I did buddy, I'd assume as it was a care refresh unit that it would have been tested as they are supposed to be refurbished as new?
2020-9-28
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Belgium

gazza155gmail.com Posted at 9-28 11:41
Yup that's what I did buddy, I'd assume as it was a care refresh unit that it would have been tested as they are supposed to be refurbished as new?

That is what I would assume too. It's a simple procedure and since you tried with two different controllers, it is likely the drone itself causing the problem.

back to DJI, I'm affraid.
2020-9-28
Use props
gazza155gmail.com
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

What a nightmare I've fired off an email thanks
2020-9-28
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Sorry for the issue you encountered. Please double confirm the firmware of the Mavic 2 Pro and see if it has been updated to the latest version, and try to refresh the latest version and try linking again.
The linking button on the AC needed to be pressed when linking. If the issue persists, it would be appreciated if you can provide a video showing the linking procedure as well as the specific firmware version you have on the AC to double confirm.
Thank you.
2020-9-28
Use props
gazza155gmail.com
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Susan Posted at 9-28 20:59
Sorry for the issue you encountered. Please double confirm the firmware of the Mavic 2 Pro and see if it has been updated to the latest version, and try to refresh the latest version and try linking again.
The linking button on the AC needed to be pressed when linking. If the issue persists, it would be appreciated if you can provide a video showing the linking procedure as well as the specific firmware version you have on the AC to double confirm.
Thank you.

That's what I've donei press the linking on the controller, it beeps, then I press on the aircraft and it changes to red from green and then it times out.

The aircraft and conreillwe are on the newest firmware and a refresh didn't work

Now you want a video? This is supposed to be a new aircraft from refresh that I received just YESTERDAY now I'm STILL without a aircraft and have to make videos?

2020-9-28
Use props
gazza155gmail.com
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Video done

https://youtu.be/vdw_hUDKZvA
2020-9-29
Use props
gazza155gmail.com
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Kept trying and then all of a sudden... It worked, one of life's mysterious events
2020-9-29
Use props
vfperri
lvl.1

Argentina

Hi, I'm having the same problem. The led next to the pair button is not ligthing up even if I press the button for about one minute.
2023-10-6
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

vfperri Posted at 10-6 04:29
Hi, I'm having the same problem. The led next to the pair button is not ligthing up even if I press the button for about one minute.

Are you referring to the button IN the drone? With my M2P the LED goes red as soon as the button is lightly depressed.
Is the LED lit at any time when the drone is switched on?
With my drone which is paired the LED is green once the drone has completed its boot.

2023-10-6
Use props
fansf038f961
lvl.1

Argentina

Yes, the led that is in the drone. That led blinks in red when the drone is booting, but then when it never turn on again. Even if I touch the button next to the led in order to put the drone in binding mode
2023-10-11
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hmmmm, stumped, sorry.
You could try taking the bottom cover off the drone, watch some dismantling a Mavic 2 youtubes so that you see what is involved and disconnect and reconnect the ribbon cable connectors from their sockets.
2023-10-11
Use props
fansf038f961
lvl.1

Argentina

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 10-11 04:48
Hmmmm, stumped, sorry.
You could try taking the bottom cover off the drone, watch some dismantling a Mavic 2 youtubes so that you see what is involved and disconnect and reconnect the ribbon cable connectors from their sockets.

I already done it. But still, the same problem
2023-10-11
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

fansf038f961 Posted at 10-11 07:49
I already done it. But still, the same problem

Hello there. Sorry about the inconvenience. May I please know what drone you're having a problem with? Thank you.
2023-10-17
Use props
kahixa
lvl.1

Germany

Make sure that both the drone and the controllers have fully charged batteries. Low battery levels can sometimes interfere with the binding process.
Ensure you're in an area with minimal wireless interference. Avoid areas with a lot of Wi-Fi networks, Bluetooth devices, or other electronic interference.
You can try resetting the remote controller. For the Smart Controller, you can do this by pressing and holding the power button for about 9 seconds until you hear the DJI startup sound. For the standard Mavic 2 controller, press and hold the custom function button on the back and the C1 button on the left side simultaneously until the controller beeps.
2023-10-17
Use props
fansf038f961
lvl.1

Argentina

DJI Tony Posted at 10-17 03:50
Hello there. sorry about the inconvenience. may I please know what is the drone you're having a problem with? Thank you.

The drone is a Mavic 2 Pro
2023-10-18
Use props
fansf038f961
lvl.1

Argentina

kahixa Posted at 10-17 10:51
Make sure that both the drone and the controllers have fully charged batteries. Low battery levels can sometimes interfere with the binding process.
Ensure you're in an area with minimal wireless interference. Avoid areas with a lot of Wi-Fi networks, Bluetooth devices, or other electronic interference.
You can try resetting the remote controller. For the Smart Controller, you can do this by pressing and holding the power button for about 9 seconds until you hear the DJI startup sound. For the standard Mavic 2 controller, press and hold the custom function button on the back and the C1 button on the left side simultaneously until the controller beeps.

I think the problem is not the remote controller. Because I can't bind the drone to the controller, but because the drone can't enter in binding mode (the binding led never turns on in yellow)
2023-10-18
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

fansf038f961 Posted at 10-18 03:05
The drone is a Mavic 2 Pro

Hello there. Have you already tried updating or refreshing the aircraft's firmware using the DJI Assistant 2? You can use this link to download it to your computer: https://www.dji.com/global/downl ... ant-dji-2-for-mavic
Please post a video showing the linking issue if it did not work. Thank you very much.
2023-10-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules