Did 9-22 update do anything besides Mavic Air 2
693 7 2020-9-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Old Man Mike
lvl.2
Flight distance : 376050 ft
United States

So with all the troubles that people are having with the update, the question is what improvements did you see.  Unless you have a Mavic Air 2, why even do it?

I would be very interested to hear from those that did the update if any changes were noted.  So far, I've continued to fly with out the update since there appears to be no reason to go thru the pain of updating.

Mike

2020-9-29
Use props
ZeuS-FL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5782297 ft
  • >>>
United States

That update makes the Smart Controller compatible with the Mavic Air 2. Before the update was not compatible.
2020-9-29
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Mike. Thank you for reaching out and for these information you have shared with us. For more information about the said update and about this matter, please check this DJI Forum post: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... p;extra=#pid2278617 . Thank you.
2020-9-29
Use props
Coojeebear
lvl.4
Flight distance : 572484 ft
United Kingdom

I can see no change, apart from the smart controller now not having so much storage space & being unable to cloud sync the flight logs without now being connected to the aircraft. This is because turning on the SC without a drone present, now brings up the choose a drone screen.
2020-9-30
Use props
FloridaNext
Second Officer
Flight distance : 62320 ft
Germany

But the bug with no video feed at startup despite connection with the drone seems to be fixed. And this was a really annoying one ...
2020-9-30
Use props
Drone-Pilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2131073 ft
  • >>>
United States

I just don't understand why DJI is making us upgrade to a software that we will not be using as we don't have a mavic air 2. But I would consider buying one if they will sell it without the remote As I already have the smart controller
2020-9-30
Use props
Old Man Mike
lvl.2
United States

Coojeebear Posted at 9-30 04:09
I can see no change, apart from the smart controller now not having so much storage space & being unable to cloud sync the flight logs without now being connected to the aircraft. This is because turning on the SC without a drone present, now brings up the choose a drone screen.

Thanks for this note on a negative effect of the update.  So without a drone connected you do not have access to run other programs on the SC such as AirData?

2020-10-1
Use props
Old Man Mike
lvl.2
United States

FloridaNext Posted at 9-30 04:32
But the bug with no video feed at startup despite connection with the drone seems to be fixed. And this was a really annoying one ...

Thanks for this note on a positive result from the update.  With the previous version, you could often get the video back by double clicking the return button on upper left corner, swiping down to get to "recent" programs, swiping off the Go4 app and then restarting it.  

2020-10-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules