Googles Burned pixels
8175 14 2020-9-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
albertocvr.gmail
lvl.2
Flight distance : 933681 ft
Spain

Some days ago after 9 month´s of use I saw some burned pixels at googles screen   almost at center , I´ll send for warranty repair to dji Europe repair center .
Does anyone have the same isue ?

burned pixels

burned pixels
2020-9-29
Use props
Tom_A
Second Officer
Flight distance : 899951 ft
  • >>>
United States

Have you been careful to not expose the goggle lenses to the sun? This is known to happen with FPV goggles. DJI should probably make this clearer in their manual. I know of this issue because of the warning in the Fat Shark goggle manual.
2020-9-29
Use props
albertocvr.gmail
lvl.2
Spain

Sure , I take care of my googles and always put them into the bag after every flight  no sun exposure for sure .
2020-9-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Sorry for the late response and the troubles with the goggles, I see the case has been created and the package is in transit, our repair center will help get it sorted when it arrives. Please keep us updated if you need any assistance during this process.
2020-10-5
Use props
trica de
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1062090 ft
  • >>>
Germany

I have my goggles since 1 week and already have 1 dead pixel in the left lense. Called the Support in Germany and they told me they do repair ONLY if there are 3 dead pixels.
Now I return my goggles... sorry DJI thats not a good customer service! A simple repair would makes me happy.
2020-10-6
Use props
Bezik
lvl.4
Flight distance : 420646 ft
United Kingdom

did DJI say how much this repair will cost?
2020-10-6
Use props
trica de
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1062090 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Bezik Posted at 10-6 04:06
did DJI say how much this repair will cost?

they told me that they will NOT repair it as its just 1 pixel..... they would do it if its 3 pixel and would be free as my device is just 1 week old
2020-10-6
Use props
albertocvr.gmail
lvl.2
Spain

Mine has a few  burn pixels and is under 1 year old so It's suppose to be under warranty , let see ..  I just sent the googles to the European repair center
2020-10-6
Use props
Bezik
lvl.4
Flight distance : 420646 ft
United Kingdom

trica de Posted at 10-6 04:47
they told me that they will NOT repair it as its just 1 pixel..... they would do it if its 3 pixel and would be free as my device is just 1 week old

Ah sorry I was asking the OP with the sun damaged screen who sent his in for repair if they gave him a quote on the repair
2020-10-6
Use props
albertocvr.gmail
lvl.2
Spain

¡ good news !   , after received and check my googles at DJI Europe repair center they will repair them under warranty with no cost for me  . The price for each lens module is 152€ .
grate service from DJI
2020-10-8
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

albertocvr.gmail Posted at 10-8 11:55
¡ good news !   , after received and check my googles at DJI Europe repair center they will repair them under warranty with no cost for me  . The price for each lens module is 152€ .
grate service from DJI

Glad you got it sorted
2020-10-22
Use props
Scarves UP
First Officer
Flight distance : 372992 ft
United States

Glad its sorted.
2020-10-22
Use props
FlyingSnoopy
lvl.4

Greece

Hello, i am having similar problems. I got the DJI FPV drone, which has the V2 Goggles.
The first drone had a problem in just 3 days so they replaced the full combo.
During the first flight with the replacement combo while i was wearing them, i got a similar issue on the screen. Tomorrow i will contact my dealer.
You can see photos in the topic here:
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D767%26typeid%3D767
2021-4-4
Use props
djiuser_5BKymWwpQmwt
New

United States

I just sent in my goggles for repair. I take extremely great care of my goggles. Switched to DJI from Fatshark and I know all about not exposing FPV goggles to sunlight. Turned my goggles on about a week ago for a morning flight and noticed a light green glob. Flew the evening before with ZERO issues. Power the goggles up in the AM next day and there was a grouping of artifacts in the dead center of the left lens. No clue how it happened or when it happened. I had them since December and they were manufactured in November. So they were relatively new and only used about 20x since it was over the winter. I had no problems with DJI support, they opened a case for me and had it expedited. As far as I know the repair should be at no cost to me. The weird thing is how concentrated the artifacts were. So it makes me wonder if light leaked in somehow and reflected off of something to cause this. Because I honestly don’t know how this happened. I’m always extremely careful and cognizant.
3E76E0AE-4946-482A-8B5B-EB1EFD801326.jpeg
2021-4-4
Use props
Johnny23
New

Germany

I just released a complete Display Replacment tutorial on youtube, if you want to fix your goggles yourself, this is the way to go:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1YzHaoP8eU
2023-4-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules