Due to DJI support I bought a GoPro Hero yesterday
756 4 2020-9-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
finddominic
lvl.1
United States

I'm a pilot and the up/down tilt is counterintuitive, I would like to have an option in the future firmware of the opposite direction for joystick control. I see this has been requested in the threads since 2015 with no remarks other than it's being sent to R&D. EVERYTHING else in the world works this way, robotics, remote-controlled planes, airplanes, and the manual tilt itself on a tripod. This has ruined several of my shots and almost makes me regret purchasing the OSMO Mobile 3 which is otherwise pretty awesome. The sad part is that it has gone ignored as an issue for five years! When shopping cameras I didn't even include DJI on my list because of this lack of support and purchased a GoPro Hero. I'm drone shopping next month and guess who isn't on my list unless this is addressed as you've already told people it would be added five years ago.
2020-9-30
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi finddominic, I am sorry for any inconvenience caused to you. If you would love to change the stick control direction of the gimbal on Osmo Mobile 3, please try to switch on "Invert Pan Control" and "Invert Tilt Control". See if this solves your concern. OM3.png
2020-9-30
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

Your comment and the basis on which it you base you conclusions is incorrect.  The OSMO Mobile 3 didn't exist back in the days/years you sited in your other thread replies.  I have the original Osmo and Mobile and both of them received the gimbal tilt and pan feature in subsequent updates.  That feature has carried though to the subsequent iterations of OSMO.

Sometimes it helps to read the manual, or at least start a chat session in the support section.  

Perhaps reading the specs, even downloading manuals BEFORE buying a product will help you determine whether it has the features you need/want.

FWIW, I didn't realize the GoPro Hero could solve your problem, nor that GoPro makes a gimbaled product.  Good luck.
2020-10-1
Use props
finddominic
lvl.1
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 9-30 18:51
Hi finddominic, I am sorry for any inconvenience caused to you. If you would love to change the stick control direction of the gimbal on Osmo Mobile 3, please try to switch on "Invert Pan Control" and "Invert Tilt Control". See if this solves your concern.[view_image]

Thank you for the help, I was able to find it this time.
2020-10-1
Use props
finddominic
lvl.1
United States

WebParrot Posted at 10-1 10:42
Your comment and the basis on which it you base you conclusions is incorrect.  The OSMO Mobile 3 didn't exist back in the days/years you sited in your other thread replies.  I have the original Osmo and Mobile and both of them received the gimbal tilt and pan feature in subsequent updates.  That feature has carried though to the subsequent iterations of OSMO.

Sometimes it helps to read the manual, or at least start a chat session in the support section.  

Wow, rude much? Not sure your problem but I'm new to DJI and you are not representing very well and would use a few choice words for you if but it would probably get me kicked off the forum. Let's see I did read the manual, on the phone which is small and I am human so I may have missed it although I read through it twice so not sure where it went wrong. I went online to threads and that's what came up, open threads with no resolution. Please do not contact me ever again you are an a-hole.  I didn't need a gimble on the camera so it made the GoPro decision easy. Also, the other two threads never got a reply so it left me hanging. Instead of trying to show your superiority maybe you should find the gaps in service and take care of them because that's what started this problem that you nicely escalated like an insecure little I live in my parents' basement punk. Good day jerk.
2020-10-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules