Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Nelsonlee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2779203 ft
  • >>>
Malaysia

Hi DJI Support,

When only can this DJI Goggles RE can support for the Mavic Air 2 aircraft?
2020-9-30
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I believe the only way they can be used with the MA2 is via HDMI using the smart controller but with limited use. Without the Smart Controller goggles are not compatible with the MA2.
2020-9-30
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi Nelsonlee, DJI Goggles RE, as well as DJI Goggles, is not compatible with Mavic Air 2, thank you for your attention.
2020-9-30
Use props
Nelsonlee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2779203 ft
  • >>>
Malaysia

DJI Susan Posted at 9-30 18:32
Hi Nelsonlee, DJI Goggles RE, as well as DJI Goggles, is mot compatible with Mavic Air 2, thank you for your attention.

Hi Susan,

It's Mot or Not?

So this mavic air 2 actually is just a fun drone even can't use it for Mapping!
2020-9-30
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Nelsonlee Posted at 9-30 18:53
Hi Susan,

It's Mot or Not?

As AJ reported. You can use the SC with Both Goggles. It gives you the same screen as the controller it just does not support goggle head tracking. You must use the HDMI output of the SC and the HDMI input on the goggles. You cannot link the goggles to the Mavic Air 2 directly but must go through the SC.

But this also means that you don't get the limited range on the Goggles RE model when linked to the drone, using 5.8Ghz. Connecting through the HDMI output will ensure that you get the max range available to the SC.

Cheers
2020-10-1
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

Goggle feeds are nauseating imo.
2020-10-1
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

bjr981s Posted at 10-1 00:34
As AJ reported. You can use the SC with Both Goggles. It gives you the same screen as the controller it just does not support goggle head tracking. You must use the HDMI output of the SC and the HDMI input on the goggles. You cannot link the goggles to the Mavic Air 2 directly but must go through the SC.

But this also means that you don't get the limited range on the Goggles RE model when linked to the drone, using 5.8Ghz. Connecting through the HDMI output will ensure that you get the max range available to the SC.

I thought as much BJR - thanks for clarifying.
2020-10-1
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

AntDX316 Posted at 10-1 00:55
Goggle feeds are nauseating imo.

I thought you would be one of the first to use them
2020-10-13
Use props
saborman
lvl.1
Flight distance : 834669 ft
United States

I have the SC that I purchased only for my MavAir2,  what benefits are there to getting the goggles?   

Does it really enhance the flight experience?

If I knew for certain that they would work on a future Mavic 3 then I would be willing to purchase the RE Goggles but I have concerns that the future Mavic 3 might have a new OcuSync version and could render my SC outdated as well as the goggles.  I am happy with the SC and MavAir2 combo and would keep the SC just for the Air2 regardless of what the Mavic 3 offers.   I plan to get a Mavic 3 when they come out but would hate to have both a SC and goggles that only work on previous models.  
2020-10-14
Use props
Jimbo40
New
United Kingdom

So are you going to update the software so we can use the goggles with the MA2? It has occusyn so why not? Is this just a DJI rip off. I brought the goggles for my mavic pro and would now like to use them on the MA2. Please update DJI
2020-11-4
Use props
fans52007451
lvl.1
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 9-30 18:32
Hi Nelsonlee, DJI Goggles RE, as well as DJI Goggles, is not compatible with Mavic Air 2, thank you for your attention.

Please make a request for the googles to be update for compatibility with the Mavic Air 2,  I am sure you will sell a lot more if they were compatible.
2020-11-9
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fans52007451 Posted at 11-9 17:22
Please make a request for the googles to be update for compatibility with the Mavic Air 2,  I am sure you will sell a lot more if they were compatible.

I am sorry that there is no plan for it as of the moment, Regarding your request, I will forward it to our engineers for their attention.
2020-11-25
Use props
KnNLmS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 119967 ft
  • >>>
Turkey

DJI Susan Posted at 11-25 06:02
I am sorry that there is no plan for it as of the moment, Regarding your request, I will forward it to our engineers for their attention.

This is most common request on DJI forum. I hope DJI would like to support their customers in a better way...
2020-12-13
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

KnNLmS Posted at 12-13 13:15
This is most common request on DJI forum. I hope DJI would like to support their customers in a better way...

I understand the request. Unfortunately, I had confirmed with our engineers, there is no plan for Goggles/Goggles RE to support Mavic Air 2 as of the moment.
Customers' feedback is important to us, we will forward the request again to our engineers.
2020-12-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules