Is there ANY way to view/decode the .dat from the Mavic Air 2?
1263 3 2020-10-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
OneQuickSix
lvl.2
Flight distance : 781729 ft
United States

I realize you can upload the data recorded to your phone or tablet, but apparently the Air 2's and Mini's encrypt the DAT file on the drone itself, so I am not finding anything that can read it or convert it.  I want to read that data because there was a permanent disconnect from my controller and want to view the flight data after that happened.  Is there any way to do this?

Thanks!
2020-10-1
Use props
K6CCC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 651683 ft
United States

Only if you are DJI apparently.  I don't really understand why they do that either.
2020-10-1
Use props
Pappy3
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2820469 ft
United States

There are a couple of sites that will convert the flight log to a CSV or other format. PhantomHelp is one that will analyze, map the flight, and show the data in tabular form as well as providing a CSV file for downloading. The other is AIRData. It also provides a "KML" file which you can then use to import into Google Earth to view your flight in 3D.

Links:
PhantomHelp

AirData
2020-10-3
Use props
tokyopete
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1955154 ft
United States

Pappy3 Posted at 10-3 08:17
There are a couple of sites that will convert the flight log to a CSV or other format. PhantomHelp is one that will analyze, map the flight, and show the data in tabular form as well as providing a CSV file for downloading. The other is AIRData. It also provides a "KML" file which you can then use to import into Google Earth to view your flight in 3D.

Links:

Neither of those tools work with the DAT file from the drone itself, which is the subject of this post.
2020-10-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules