Should I send my Mavic 2 Battery back in the replacement?
424 5 2020-10-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TMcArthur
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1250469 ft
  • >>>
United States

While shooting a property today, my Mavic 2's side sensor was not able to pickup a tree branch in it's path in time and has resulted in my drone crashing. It was my fault for not surveying the area carefully enough and I'm really happy I picked up the Refresh insurance plan, however, this is the first time I'm using it.

Overall, the drone survived the fall in quite a good condition (just a crack in one of the prop-arms. However, the battery was ejected from its slot when it fell and did get a few dings and scuffs on the fall down from the tree. It seems to be in working order, it can still power the drone just fine and even spin the motors, but I'm a little worried about it's health having dropped 30-40ft down a tree. The only non-cosmetic item of note is the difficulty I'm having getting the battery out of the chassis occasionally, but I can't be sure if that's a problem with my battery's clips or the drone body itself.

I just wanted to see if anyone has any input on this.

Will DJI provide me with a new replacement battery in my replacement unit if I don't send it back? Will they leave the old one in if I do? Thanks guys!
2020-10-1
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Probably will get the same one back.
2020-10-1
Use props
TMcArthur
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

ALABAMA Posted at 10-1 12:55
Probably will get the same one back.

That's what I assumed. I might as well send it back so they can inspect it themselves and determine whether or not a replacement is necessary.
2020-10-1
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi TMcArthur, I am sorry to hear about the accident. If the battery is not severe damaged, you can ship the battery back for service with the drone, the local team will check the drone and battery and DJI Care Refresh will be able to replace the battery. Thanks.
2020-10-1
Use props
TMcArthur
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 10-1 19:33
Hi TMcArthur, I am sorry to hear about the accident. If the battery is not severe damaged, you can ship the battery back for service with the drone, the local team will check the drone and battery and DJI Care Refresh will be able to replace the battery. Thanks.

Thanks a ton, Susan.

I was just notified that my replacement has been shipped out and the serial number does not match my original battery so I assume it has been replaced. Figured I should reply just in case anyone finds this post via Google. Thanks, fellas!
2020-10-7
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

TMcArthur Posted at 10-7 23:21
Thanks a ton, Susan.

I was just notified that my replacement has been shipped out and the serial number does not match my original battery so I assume it has been replaced. Figured I should reply just in case anyone finds this post via Google. Thanks, fellas!

Sorry for the delay, thank you for your reply. If there are any further questions, please feel free to ask.
2020-10-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules