694 16 2020-10-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
www.maritimefilming.com
lvl.4
Flight distance : 27273678 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi, looking for some feedback please on some filming for 2 incredible boats. I used the Phantom 4 Pro and DJI Osmo Pocket for the filming in 4K 60.
Please let me know your thoughts on the video, colour grading and boats!
Cheers!

2020-10-2
Use props
fansd93d5487
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6562 ft
United States

Really nice - I like the video and the boats. A lot. I also like what they're built for. I almost went to Antarctica in the 70's but ended up going north to Alaska.
Also - nice home website.

2020-10-2
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Second Officer

United Kingdom

Hi.
Funny you should ask about the colour on this one.
I notice it's taken towards sunset on the Solent. I think with these smaller sensor cameras it's always more  difficult to get a wider dynamic range to play with as the light fades. I think the Pocket fared better of the two cameras on the whole except on the two very last overhead shots from the drone that seem fine. Were they shot earlier in the day? Out of sequence so to speak? Got the sea colour quite nicely represented for this time of year.
I've had similar problems trying to shoot on the fly over two days with different weather conditions and combining footage. It's not easy if even possible. Under the circumstances I think you did well.

Ray.
2020-10-2
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nice work
2020-10-2
Use props
www.maritimefilming.com
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fansd93d5487 Posted at 10-2 12:23
Really nice - I like the video and the boats. A lot. I also like what they're built for. I almost went to Antarctica in the 70's but ended up going north to Alaska.
Also - nice home website.

Thanks! These boats are going on an artic exploration yacht!
2020-10-2
Use props
www.maritimefilming.com
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ray-CubeAce Posted at 10-2 12:48
Hi.
Funny you should ask about the colour on this one.
I notice it's taken towards sunset on the Solent. I think with these smaller sensor cameras it's always more  difficult to get a wider dynamic range to play with as the light fades. I think the Pocket fared better of the two cameras on the whole except on the two very last overhead shots from the drone that seem fine. Were they shot earlier in the day? Out of sequence so to speak? Got the sea colour quite nicely represented for this time of year.

Thanks Ray!

It was shot in D Log so did a bit of colour grading. Unfortunately, it was shot the last thing in the evening from about 6pm onwards so the light was fading. with the boats being so bright I did struggle a little with the colours without causing the sea to look odd! The osmo pocket footage was just shot in normal colour profile which I think is super vibrant. I have been so impressed with the osmo pcoket!

2020-10-2
Use props
www.maritimefilming.com
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks very much
2020-10-2
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Second Officer

United Kingdom

www.maritimefilming.com Posted at 10-2 13:14
Thanks Ray!

It was shot in D Log so did a bit of colour grading. Unfortunately, it was shot the last thing in the evening from about 6pm onwards so the light was fading. with the boats being so bright I did struggle a little with the colours without causing the sea to look odd! The osmo pocket footage was just shot in normal colour profile which I think is super vibrant. I have been so impressed with the osmo pcoket!

Hi.
The problem with D log is it isn't raw footage. You can't alter one colour channel without changing the colour white balance. Trying to maintain whites in low light often ends up with the shot looking cooler in temperature.
As I said. An almost impossible task.  I don't envy you.
Ray.
2020-10-2
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

You're welcome.
2020-10-2
Use props
Robb OConnor
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Nice video you caught the action shots really well. I’m not an expert on colour grading but to me the colours were strong and vibrant except for the bit into the sun, which to be fair isn’t easy to achieve. The osmo pocket bits ( I presume boat to boat) were amazingly stable. I have no idea how you manage to keep the drone shots  in frame and in focus while on a fast boat
2020-10-3
Use props
www.maritimefilming.com
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ray-CubeAce Posted at 10-2 13:30
Hi.
The problem with D log is it isn't raw footage. You can't alter one colour channel without changing the colour white balance. Trying to maintain whites in low light often ends up with the shot looking cooler in temperature.
As I said. An almost impossible task.  I don't envy you.

Yea, can soak up so much time colour grading!!
2020-10-3
Use props
www.maritimefilming.com
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Robb OConnor Posted at 10-3 01:35
Nice video you caught the action shots really well. I’m not an expert on colour grading but to me the colours were strong and vibrant except for the bit into the sun, which to be fair isn’t easy to achieve. The osmo pocket bits ( I presume boat to boat) were amazingly stable. I have no idea how you manage to keep the drone shots  in frame and in focus while on a fast boat

Thanks! Yea, always impressed by the osmo pocket and its capabilities!! Appreciate the feedback. Cheers
2020-10-3
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Very nicely done
2020-10-3
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Very nice work!
2020-10-3
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there www.maritimefilming.com. Thank you for reaching out and for posting this incredible video you have filmed using your DJI Phantom 4 Pro and with your DJI Osmo Pocket. Great work and Keep on filming. .
2020-10-4
Use props
www.maritimefilming.com
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 10-4 19:51
Hello there www.maritimefilming.com. Thank you for reaching out and for posting this incredible video you have filmed using your DJI Phantom 4 Pro and with your DJI Osmo Pocket. Great work and Keep on filming.  .

Thank you Stephen!
2020-10-6
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi there www.maritimefilming.com. Thank you for the reply and you are very much welcome. Again thank you for your valued support and please stay safe always. .
2020-10-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules