Authorisation Zone 2020
574 10 2020-10-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
alansimpsonweb.net
lvl.1
Flight distance : 59688 ft
Australia

I know there were issues with unlocking authorisation zones for the Mavic Mini in 2019 but I would have hoped that this would be resolved by now.
I was in an area today where I have flown numerous times with my Mavic 2 Pro and I have unlocked the zone before. Today with the Mini I was unable to find out howe to do it. I look likje the only option available is to have a laptop with me as the option to unlock on a phone was not available. When will this be fixed? Surely we shoulf be able to do it from within the DJI Fly app??? If it can be done via a PC then there should be no reason not to be able to do it on the same phone we use the DJI FLY app on?
2020-10-4
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

There should be an option in the App,  perhaps reinstall it.
2020-10-5
Use props
alansimpsonweb.net
lvl.1
Australia

DAFlys Posted at 10-5 00:28
There should be an option in the App,  perhaps reinstall it.

Thanks a lot for your help mate but before I try, are you saying you have seen the option there yourself for the Mavic Mini Specifically or are you just assuming it should be there? I do have the latest updates and firmware so I would expect to see it if it was there. I do get the warning but there is nothing to click on in the app.
2020-10-5
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

alansimpsonweb.net Posted at 10-5 01:12
Thanks a lot for your help mate but before I try, are you saying you have seen the option there yourself for the Mavic Mini Specifically or are you just assuming it should be there? I do have the latest updates and firmware so I would expect to see it if it was there. I do get the warning but there is nothing to click on in the app.

When you are in an authorization zone, use the sticks (down and in on both) to try to start the props and it will prompt you to go through the authorization process.

I discuss this in the following video at about the 10:55 mark:
2020-10-5
Use props
alansimpsonweb.net
lvl.1
Australia

KlooGee Posted at 10-5 01:29
When you are in an authorization zone, use the sticks (down and in on both) to try to start the props and it will prompt you to go through the authorization process.

Awesome - thanks a lot mate. Very much appreciated. That looks really nice and easy. I have watched a lot of your videos on YT and have now subscribed as well. Just out of interest... how did you find that out? I did a lot of Googling and came up with nothing I could use here in Australia. Thanks again mate.
2020-10-5
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

alansimpsonweb.net Posted at 10-5 01:39
Awesome - thanks a lot mate. Very much appreciated. That looks really nice and easy. I have watched a lot of your videos on YT and have now subscribed as well. Just out of interest... how did you find that out? I did a lot of Googling and came up with nothing I could use here in Australia. Thanks again mate.

Unless I am hand launching (which I do a lot), I pretty much always launch using the sticks.
2020-10-5
Use props
amir_KING
First Officer
Flight distance : 372992 ft
United States

When you are in an authorization zone, use the sticks (down and in on both) to try to start the props and it will prompt you to go through the authorization process.

2020-10-5
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 14588274 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Good advice mate
2020-10-5
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there alansimpsonweb.net. I am sorry to know that you are having issue with the DJI Flysafe application. If you are still experiencing this issue. Kindly please send an email to our DJI Flysafe department at flysafe@dji.com for us to be able to assist you. Again, I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for your understanding.
2020-10-5
Use props
alansimpsonweb.net
lvl.1
Australia

DJI Stephen Posted at 10-5 21:18
Hello there alansimpsonweb.net. I am sorry to know that you are having issue with the DJI Flysafe application. If you are still experiencing this issue. Kindly please send an email to our DJI Flysafe department at  for us to be able to assist you. Again, I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for your understanding.

I think that I am OK now however it would be great if there was some official documentation telling us how to unlock an authorisation zone. There does not seem to be anything.
2020-10-7
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there alansimpsonweb.net. Thank you for the reply and for these information you have shared with us. You may also check this DJI tutorial video on How to UNLOCK GEO Zones on DJI Drones. Thank you.

2020-10-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules