Erratic behaviour
543 3 2020-10-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bobell53
lvl.1
Flight distance : 53543 ft
Canada

I have had my mavic mini now for a couple of weeks.  Almost each time I take it up it says that I have an IMU error and so I recalibrate it.  Today, the drone had difficulty keeping itself in position.  If I had it at about 10 feet from the ground., it would have difficulty keeping altitude and kept moving from side to side.  Motors seem be be running rough.  The props are fine there are no nicks or bends.  When I selected the drone to land on the driveway it came down hard from about 6 feet.  I turned it on again recalibrated the drone and it continued to struggle.  I did a landing on my palm and once again it came down hard on my palm.  I have reloaded the firmware but it has not improved the behaviour.

Suggestions would help

Thanks.
2020-10-5
Use props
bobell53
lvl.1
Flight distance : 53543 ft
Canada

I just took it up again and this time it seemed to be more stable.  I didn't take it to a high elevation, keeping it at about 12 feet above the low tide mark along the beach.  I brought it back to me and the drone seemed stable and when I landed it on the sundeck it came down softly.  So what it was on my previous flight I do not know.  I'll keep an eye out, obviously if it behaves strangely that is not the time to send it out on a mission.
2020-10-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, sorry for the difficulties with the drone, when flying higher, please ensure the GPS signal is strong, at least 8 satellites and 4 signal. The Downward vision system works best when the aircraft is at an altitude of 0.5m to 10m, but it cannot work properly over surfaces that do not have clear pattern variations. Please try different place with clear patterns or textures.
2020-10-5
Use props
SizedToaster0
New
Flight distance : 170902 ft
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 10-5 22:25
Hi there, sorry for the difficulties with the drone, when flying higher, please ensure the GPS signal is strong, at least 8 satellites and 4 signal. The Downward vision system works best when the aircraft is at an altitude of 0.5m to 10m, but it cannot work properly over surfaces that do not have clear pattern variations. Please try different place with clear patterns or textures.

I had the same issue just moments ago. and for me I've been landing it and taking off in the same spot this whole week no problems until just now, I went to go land it and it smacked down so hard I thought it broke
2020-10-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules