DJI Mavic Air compass won't calibrate
5416 9 2020-10-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mrmrsjackson
lvl.1
Flight distance : 44849 ft
United States

I recieved my DJI refresh Mavic Air a few days ago and I have yet to be able to flyu it because the compass wont calibrate.  I have attempted to calibrate it several times, indoors and out and I continually recieve a  calibration failed message.  I have tried to do this in multiple places, even in the front yeard (which is several feet away from anything metal).  Any assistance with how to accomplish the calibration would be appreciated.

2020-10-8
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi mrmrsjackson, sorry for the issue. Please try to refresh the latest firmware for the drone, and calibrate the compass again in open area, keep away from metal materials and interference.
If the compass is still unable to be calibrated, you may need to send the drone back again.
2020-10-8
Use props
Captain Drone
lvl.1
Brazil

Hi mrmrsjackson! Did you solve this issue?
I'm experiencing the same with my Mavic Pro Platinum.
2022-11-16
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Captain Drone Posted at 11-16 09:01
Hi mrmrsjackson! Did you solve this issue?
I'm experiencing the same with my Mavic Pro Platinum.

Hi there, sorry to read about your case, may I know if there is any error message that popped when the calibration failed?
Please try different places and keep away from metal materials when you calibrate the compass. Please also check if the drone had experienced an accident previously, if so, you may consider sending the drone back for further service.
You may check the Authorized Service Centers at https://www.dji.com/service/repair/centers
Thank you.
2022-11-18
Use props
Silverking
New
Portugal

this is very annoying been trying it for ages
2023-6-14
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Silverking Posted at 6-14 08:49
this is very annoying been trying it for ages

Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. May we know if you encountered the same issue? Would you please try the suggestions provided by DJI Susan above?
2023-6-15
Use props
fansc510b809
New

United States

Same here. I kind of gave up on this drone because I wasnt able to calibrate it for more than a year (No accidents/updated firware) but we are going on a vacation next week and I would love to take it, so I googled the issue and find out I’m nit the only one
Were you able to fix it ?
2023-11-8
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

fansc510b809 Posted at 11-8 20:13
Same here. I kind of gave up on this drone because I wasnt able to calibrate it for more than a year (No accidents/updated firware) but we are going on a vacation next week and I would love to take it, so I googled the issue and find out I’m nit the only one  
Were you able to fix it ?

Hi there, may I know if your device is also the Mavic Air? And did you also tried to recalibrated as Susan said above?

If the issue still persists after trying, it is suggested you could send back for a comprehensive checking. You could register through the following link, https://repair.dji.com/, to create a case and send back the device. If you need assistance while submitting, you could also contact with our support service http://www.dji.com/support. Thanks.
2023-11-9
Use props
djiuser_D2LTyLbK58k5
New
Flight distance : 128009 ft

New Zealand

DJI Susan Posted at 2020-10-8 19:52
Hi mrmrsjackson, sorry for the issue. Please try to refresh the latest firmware for the drone, and calibrate the compass again in open area, keep away from metal materials and interference.
If the compass is still unable to be calibrated, you may need to send the drone back again.

Hi any ideas on why my drone won't fly it's a Mavic air drone
2023-11-10
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_D2LTyLbK58k5 Posted at 11-10 00:55
Hi any ideas on why my drone won't fly it's a Mavic air drone

Hi there, may I know more details about your case? Any error message on the app? Or could you please provide a video of your operation to me for better assistance?
2023-11-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules