Shaking P3 Pro
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans0b3c360f
lvl.1
Flight distance : 438274 ft
Australia

Hello, My P3 Pro suffered a crash. I replaced gimbal, ribbon cable, circuit board under vision module (6 pin connector dislodged). New props. Checked motor mounts all OK. Aircraft shakes while flying but OK when sitting on ground with props spinning. Video is therefore shakey also. Flys OK reponds to all commands. Any suggestions? thank you

2020-10-8
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. I am sorry to know that you are having these issues with your DJI Phantom 3 Pro and thank you for reaching out. Since there was a crash that happened before on the said DJI drone. It would be best to contact our DJI support team at https://www.dji.com/support for further assistance. We have a team that will do there best to assess your DJIPhantom 3 Pro and give out the best resolution for this issue. Again I am sorry for this trouble and thank you for your understanding.
2020-10-8
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sounds like there's an imbalance, perhaps in the motors. Probably time for a professional inspection and diagnosis?
2020-10-9
Use props
fans0b3c360f
lvl.1
Australia

DJI Stephen, Thank you for reply. There is a DJI Store two suburbs away however they tell me they do not repair Phantoms. I am reluctant to post elsewhere but may be my only option. Thank you
2020-10-9
Use props
cheddar-man
Second Officer
Flight distance : 44062 ft

United Kingdom

Hello again fans0b3c360, you do seem to have your problems!

Definitely out of balance somewhere but as you have put new props on it's probably a bent motor shaft.
With the props spinning slowly, look down on the dots at the centre of each prop, are they spinning centrally or do they look off centre?

Put the drone on an elevated surface where you have the props at eye level. Start them spinning and look sideways at the prop tips at eye level. Both tips should be at the same level, one line. l If you see two lines at the tip, one above the other on any of the props then that motor has a bent shaft and will certainly cause vibration when spun up to speed.

You'll need to replace the motor with the correct one.
2020-10-9
Use props
embayweather
Second Officer
Flight distance : 556667 ft
United Kingdom

Might I suggest checking the prop balance first. I always do this with new props, and they are often very close, but it only takes one to be out of alignment and you have vibration. Doesn't mean to say its not anything suggested above, it is just something easy to try first.
2020-10-10
Use props
cheddar-man
Second Officer

United Kingdom

fans0b3c360f - do you know how to check the balance of the props, do you have a balancer?
Ideally get yourself an OCDAY prop balancer, not expensive, and make yourself a dedicated balancing shaft with your left and righ hand threads on each end. MMade mine from LH/RH broken motors, removed shafts and they fit perfectly into 3/16" brass tube.

61o-ExUr9yL._AC_SL1010_.jpg
IMG_8086.jpg
2020-10-10
Use props
cheddar-man
Second Officer

United Kingdom

fans0b3c360f - have you resolved your "shaking" issue yet??
2020-10-17
Use props
fans0b3c360f
lvl.1
Australia

cheddar man thanks for your advice. I checked the props as you described and noticed one was out a bit.  The shaking was not constant but intermittent, very strange.   I changed out all props with new ones and it appears to be OK so thanks. If DJI service centres stop repairing phantoms I ask how long should we expect parts to be available? Thank you
2020-10-18
Use props
cheddar-man
Second Officer

United Kingdom

Glad you managed to sort it out.
Periodically check the tightness of the four screws securing the motors, they can work loose. Also make sure you properly tighten the props on each motor, hold the motor and snug them down - they are NOT self tightening and can unscrew when the drone brakes!
Here in the UK there are many non DJI repair centres and I'm sure you can find one near you, wherever that is. First I've heard of DJI not repairing Phantoms any more, I should think that would be the main part of their business!!
2020-10-18
Use props
fans0b3c360f
lvl.1
Australia

Thanks again for your interest. With regard to repairs to Phantoms, let's hear from a DJI representative their view on shop fronts advertised as a DJI repair store but do not repair phantoms. Should the shop front say "DJI Service Centre excluding Phantoms".  Should DJI protect their brand more vigorously. Thanks
2020-10-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules