Noise in Mavic air 2
3100 9 2020-10-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ceacutesar Mtz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 219150 ft
Mexico

Hi, I been reading alot of complaints about noise in photos and videos with mavic air 2, it has a small sensor I know, but for example some of the comparisons that I saw are between mavic mini (with an even smaller sensor) and mavic air 2, and mavic mini has less noise in its footage...
I started to search about this issue because I recently bought my mavic air 2 (1 month ago), I´m new with camera drones so I don´t know if my drone has this problem or not, but I see noise in its footage even with iso 100 (using normal or HDR, didn´t even try d-cinelike), but I don´t know if that noise is normal or not.
5 months ago I bought a mavic pro that had a bad gimbal, so I returned it, but before that I took a few videos and photos with it and those videos and photos look with less noise than my new mavic air 2 in my opinion, the amount of noise between mavic pro and mavic air 2 shoots is not really noticeable, but still there and mavic pro has a smaller sensor and it is almost 4 years older...

I´m starting to worry about it, I really hope that nothing is wrong with my drone and that noise is going to be fixed or reduced with a future firmware update, because if it is not normal, then should I send it back to DJI?, many of the guys that where complaining and asking about this issue had to send it back their drones for a replacement, I hope this is not my case :/

Photo uploaded iso 100 shutter 1/1500 normal photo

Mavic Air 2 Foto, iso 100 shutter 1/1500

Mavic Air 2 Foto, iso 100 shutter 1/1500
2020-10-8
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Have you tried adjusting the camera settings, I see many get the best results on manual and editing in post
2020-10-9
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Try slowing that shutter speed down,  you want to be under 250-250 preferably.
2020-10-9
Use props
Ceacutesar Mtz
lvl.2
Mexico

Suren Posted at 10-9 01:15
Have you tried adjusting the camera settings, I see many get the best results on manual and editing in post

Yes, I’m almost all the time shooting in manual, only auto when I’m using hdr video and yes I can improve the results in post by correcting the colors, and I use neat video for reduce the noise, but the noise reduction thing increase a lot the exporting time and sometimes the results are not really good
2020-10-9
Use props
Ceacutesar Mtz
lvl.2
Mexico

DAFlys Posted at 10-9 01:16
Try slowing that shutter speed down,  you want to be under 250-250 preferably.

With video I’m always trying to keep down the shutter speed, but should I do the same with photos and maybe use a Nd filter? Does high shutter speed increase noise or something?
2020-10-9
Use props
HitrackAP
lvl.3
Flight distance : 428176 ft
United Kingdom

Ceacutesar Mtz Posted at 10-9 07:48
With video I’m always trying to keep down the shutter speed, but should I do the same with photos and maybe use a Nd filter? Does high shutter speed increase noise or something?

Ive used the Mavic Air 2 extensively since owning it. Ive owned most DJI Drones and also shoot on high end cameras. Its an amazing piece of technology but I do have to agree that the noise is really apparent in this model. I do understand the price point....but the noise just doesn't make sense at ISO 100. There really shouldn't be any noise at such a low ISO.  Ive seen it in perfectly lit conditions also. Its always in the shadows and sometimes in the mid tones. The Zoom function is VERY VERY good. BUT I have to apply a lot noise reduction to get anything usable. Reds specially are VERY noisy.  DJI are sat on an amazing product and have surpassed my expectations in Firmware updates/upgrades. The Noise however should really be looked at by DJI.
2020-10-9
Use props
Ceacutesar Mtz
lvl.2
Mexico

HitrackAP Posted at 10-9 08:09
Ive used the Mavic Air 2 extensively since owning it. Ive owned most DJI Drones and also shoot on high end cameras. Its an amazing piece of technology but I do have to agree that the noise is really apparent in this model. I do understand the price point....but the noise just doesn't make sense at ISO 100. There really shouldn't be any noise at such a low ISO.  Ive seen it in perfectly lit conditions also. Its always in the shadows and sometimes in the mid tones. The Zoom function is VERY VERY good. BUT I have to apply a lot noise reduction to get anything usable. Reds specially are VERY noisy.  DJI are sat on an amazing product and have surpassed my expectations in Firmware updates/upgrades. The Noise however should really be looked at by DJI.

Yessss, exactly what you said, I just hope that this noise can be fixed with a new firmware update and it is not caused by a bad hardware configuration or something like that, because like you said it is a great drone, I really enjoy flying it, but I would like to start working on a few amateur projects and the noise issue is going to be a problem... let’s hope it is going to be fixed or at least reduced in the next updates
2020-10-9
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Ceacutesar Mtz Posted at 10-9 07:46
Yes, I’m almost all the time shooting in manual, only auto when I’m using hdr video and yes I can improve the results in post by correcting the colors, and I use neat video for reduce the noise, but the noise reduction thing increase a lot the exporting time and sometimes the results are not really good

2020-10-9
Use props
Martin Lines
lvl.4
Flight distance : 19147 ft
United Kingdom

Are you shooting in RAW?
2020-10-9
Use props
Ceacutesar Mtz
lvl.2