Faulty Battery Power Signal?
754 3 2015-6-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
corso_tony
lvl.2

United States

On my PHV2+....my app shows the battery to be very low on power after I know I charged it out.  Sent it up today...was airborn like 3 minutes and red lights and beeper start going off...comes back home and lands.  I was surprised as I knew I had charged it.  Plugged it in to the charger and it showed to be nearly full.

What should I be looking at to troubleshoot?

Thanks
2015-6-24
Use props
roy
Second Officer

United States

Plug it into the assistant and go to the battery tab. Check the rating of each of the cells. Balanced Lipo cells are very important. If one is way off then that cell may be bad or damaged and the only option is to replace. If all cells show same or very very close to same then try discharging the battery Dow to 8% but never fully discharge as that is bad for lipo cells. After its depleted fully charge. See if you get a 4 Led'S. Then hold down the power button on the battery  5 seconds till it blinks and the see if you get 4 Led's which indicated the battery has 80-100% of usage left. Page  9-10 of manual gives this info. After that give it a try and see what time you get out of it by flying close so you can land if need. Hope this helps.
2015-6-25
Use props
corso_tony
lvl.2

United States

roy@mcscomputer Posted at 2015-6-25 18:51
Plug it into the assistant and go to the battery tab. Check the rating of each of the cells. Balance ...

What is the 'assistant'?
2015-6-25
Use props
Aussie1
lvl.2

Australia

PC/ MAC Assistant and the Phantom RC Assistant

You will need to read from Page 45 to Page 47 of the manual.
2015-6-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules