OP take a while to stop recording after I press STOP
639 6 2020-10-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
John Walker
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Hi all,

When I press the STOP button while recording, quite often my OP takes a good few seconds for the recording light to go out and then actually stop and beep.
I've carried out a reset.
It never used to do this so any suggestions.  
2020-10-11
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Second Officer

United Kingdom

Hi John.
Do you format your SD card regularly in the Osmo Pocket? If not the recording could be being layed down all over the data storage area. Have you also tried swapping SD cards to see if the problem persists?
Ray.

2020-10-11
Use props
John Walker
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Ray-CubeAce Posted at 10-11 12:18
Hi John.
Do you format your SD card regularly in the Osmo Pocket? If not the recording could be being layed down all over the data storage area. Have you also tried swapping SD cards to see if the problem persists?
Ray.

Thanks Ray

I format my card after transferring current files but that can sometimes be a lot of files.

I record 1080 50fps footage mainly.

These are the cards I use.  I presume they are good enough spec?

SanDisk Extreme 32 GB microSDHC Memory Card Up to 100 MB/s, Class 10, UHS-I, U3, V30

I'll try transferring files earlier so that I do more regular formats.

Regards
John
2020-10-11
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Second Officer

United Kingdom

John Walker Posted at 10-11 13:01
Thanks Ray

I format my card after transferring current files but that can sometimes be a lot of files.

Hi John.

All my cards have an A2 rating as well. That helps with devices that have to connect to other devices such as phones as it helps with faster communication between devices.
The type and ratings are SDXC Class 10  U3 V30 A2. SanDisk.
I always upload files after each session.
Never delete files on the card while in the Pocket before uploading as that causes fragmentation on the following recordings.  
Delete unwanted files after uploading to computer and then formatting immediately after in the Osmo Pocket every time.
Never use the cards in other devices.
Never format the cards with a computer.
I have been using the same cards since the Osmo Pockets release with no problems.
I started out using the Osmo Pocket at 1080p 60fps as my PC at that time could not cope with 4K footage. For the last year I've been using 4K at 50fps.
Ever since I have used DSLR cameras this has always been my workflow.  I have never experienced any card problems using SD, SDHC, SDXC, XQD, or UDMA compact flash memory cards in various devices. Never had a card failure or recording problems and my oldest cards are now over 12 years old.

Ray.
2020-10-11
Use props
John Walker
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Ray-CubeAce Posted at 10-11 23:26
Hi John.

All my cards have an A2 rating as well. That helps with devices that have to connect to other devices such as phones as it helps with faster communication between devices.

Thanks for all that info Ray.  I'll order a card with A2 rating and see if that makes a difference.  Like you, I've never had a card failure in many years.

John
2020-10-12
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there John. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. It is great to know that you have ordered a new SD Card for your DJI Osmo Pocket for us to be able to isolate the said issue. For reference I will post the list of suggested SD Card for the DJI Osmo Pocket. Thank you.

2020-10-12
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Second Officer

United Kingdom

John Walker Posted at 10-12 14:10
Thanks for all that info Ray.  I'll order a card with A2 rating and see if that makes a difference.  Like you, I've never had a card failure in many years.

John

Hi John.
If the card never used to present problems then it should still work OK unless it's beginning to pack up. If parts of the memory are not working any more and it's remapping where to store data, that could be a reason for the delay in shutting down. A camera won't normally shut down until it has finished writing to the card. It can also happen if you fill the card too much. Always try to leave room at the end. I never fill mine up but leave around 4% free on a 64GB card.
On the other hand, the same thing can happen when you delete clips and then use the camera again to record more clips. The more you do that without reformatting the card,  the slower the response from the camera can be. It wouldn't make much difference using a faster card.

Ray.
2020-10-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules