Unathorized Area
1339 4 2020-10-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JBryant
New

United States

I am new to Drone Flying and still after 2 weeks of having my Drone have not flown it yet.  I have gone to open football and baseball fields and other open area's with no luck.  I still get Unauthorized Area.  Any Advice??  I am in 20774 area.
2020-10-11
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi JBryant, you may check the GEO ZONE MAP and refer to the information about how to unlock a zone via this website: https://www.dji.com/flysafe?site=brandsite&from=footer, thanks.
2020-10-11
Use props
Larry+DarrelX2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 881798 ft
United States

Its because you are close to DC. There is a (seems permanent) Temporary Flight Restriction in a large area around DC. There is no way to fly there to my knowledge. I checked the maps and it looks like if you head east to Bowie you can fly there as it is outside the radius of DC. There are websites to check maps for flight restrictions. This is a link to Airmap where i entered your zip code and saw you were in the TFR. https://app.airmap.com/geo?38.848239,-76.843762,10.441798z   I recommend an app called Kittyhawk it is 1 of the interfaces the FAA uses to quickly and easily share info with drone pilots. Kittyhawk will show you all the sectional charts for where you are based on GPS location. The edge of the TFR is about halfway between your zip code and Bowie so you dont have to travel far to get to clear airspace. Happy flying!
2020-10-12
Use props
Larry+DarrelX2
lvl.4
United States

Yeah, the link I posted that shows your area in Airmap doesnt look like it is hyperlinking the whole address. Try going to airmap.com, click on “Plan a Flight”, and enter your zipcode. The sectional charts for your area will come up and you can see exactly where the red no fly zone is around DC so you can plan outside of it and be able to use your new drone.
2020-10-12
Use props
Larry+DarrelX2
lvl.4
United States

Here is a screenshot of what i found

2020-10-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules