Dji Mavic Air 2 follow me while skiing
4220 4 2020-10-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jens in Norway
lvl.1

Norway

I am strugling with using tracking and paralell follow me while I am skiing down the mountain. The drone follow if I am going slow. If I ski in 20-30 km/t the drorne loose me in seconds. It can sometimes show the green box fixed on me, but it has stoped after few meters.

I need the drone to follow the mobil signal and stay 5-10-20 meter behind and decend. Is this possible, or do I have to wait for an update?

Regards
Jens
2020-10-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Jen, the miximum following speed in parallel mode is T: 12m/s  N: 12m/s  S:19m/s. When following people, the relative height to the target must be within 10 meters, and the horizontal distance must be within 15 meters. We do not recommend to track when skiing since the vision system would be affected due to the pure white of the snow.
2020-10-12
Use props
George210477
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

You got the wrong drone for this... MA2 have other capabilities, for what you want the better version is Skydio 2...Pros and cons at each...
2020-10-13
Use props
Jens in Norway
lvl.1

Norway

DJI Mindy Posted at 10-12 22:48
Hi Jen, the miximum following speed in parallel mode is T: 12m/s  N: 12m/s  S:19m/s. When following people, the relative height to the target must be within 10 meters, and the horizontal distance must be within 15 meters. We do not recommend to track when skiing since the vision system would be affected due to the pure white of the snow.

Hi MIndy, I have tried within the limits you have described here. I think following one skier in white snow should be very easy because it is not much else in the way. The contrast between skier an snow is huge. But can't they program it to follow a smartphone, or the controller?

Jens
2020-10-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Jens in Norway Posted at 10-13 12:30
Hi MIndy, I have tried within the limits you have described here. I think following one skier in white snow should be very easy because it is not much else in the way. The contrast between skier an snow is huge. But can't they program it to follow a smartphone, or the controller?

Jens

Hi Jens, for fly safety consideratoions, it is not recommended to track a moving subject on a snowy surface. You may refer to the notices on the user manual:
https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... Manual_v1.2_en_.pdf

2020-10-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules