A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Niknik Posted at 10-13 07:46
All these features
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=222424

Ah yes, I remember that thread now - may be we'll see something soon or on one of the new, yet to be released drones.
2020-10-13
Use props
Niknik
First Officer
Flight distance : 1595640 ft
  • >>>
Greece

A J Posted at 10-13 08:34
Ah yes, I remember that thread now - may be we'll see something soon or on one of the new, yet to be released drones.

New? Mavic mini 2 only. There are no drones for 2020. Mavic Air 2 needs the updates to be complete.
2020-10-13
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Niknik Posted at 10-13 10:28
New? Mavic mini 2 only. There are no drones for 2020. Mavic Air 2 needs the updates to be complete.

Hence why I wrote "may be we'll see something soon"... There are rumours of a Mavic Mini 2, Mavic 3 and even Phantom 5. Nothing confirmed by DJI but who knows what lays ahead.

In the mean time don't forget that features are only 'missing' when advertised as having them in the first place but not included. Whilst we all have our wishes for additional features that is all they are - a desire and so nothing is technically 'missing' from the MA2. Whether DJI add extra features to the MA2 or reserves them for new releases is their prerogative.
2020-10-13
Use props
Niknik
First Officer
  • >>>
Greece

A J Posted at 10-13 10:35
Hence why I wrote "may be we'll see something soon"... There are rumours of a Mavic Mini 2, Mavic 3 and even Phantom 5. Nothing confirmed by DJI but who knows what lays ahead.

In the mean time don't forget that features are only 'missing' when advertised as having them in the first place but not included. Whilst we all have our wishes for additional features that is all they are - a desire and so nothing is technically 'missing' from the MA2. Whether DJI add extra features to the MA2 or reserves them for new releases is their prerogative.

No Mavic 3 until next summer and phqntom 5 maybe rtk or so.

Yes you are right but mavic air 1 had some of the features and mqvic air 2 is much more capable than 1 so it is not correct not to have all of thwm and much more.
And for sure can handlw all of these and much more
2020-10-13
Use props
JM.REYES
lvl.4
Flight distance : 84423 ft
Spain

It is not to be contrary, but it may be that I had the Mini and now the mavic air 2, and sincerely in my opinion it does not lack anything, it has everything that I longed for in the Mini and many other things that I discovered when using it. It is not perfect, but for me and the use that I give it I have plenty. I also say that I expect new updates to further improve the features it has, more security and better performance. Also the SDK to be able to use third party software, such as Litchi, which will add some "new" things. Greetings to all from Madrid, Spain. Take good care of yourselves in these difficult times of the damn pandemic.
2020-10-13
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Niknik Posted at 10-13 11:24
No Mavic 3 until next summer and phqntom 5 maybe rtk or so.

Yes you are right but mavic air 1 had some of the features and mqvic air 2 is much more capable than 1 so it is not correct not to have all of thwm and much more.

NikNik - you don't know anymore than I or anyone else on this forum when DJI are actually going to release any new drone models. Could be 2022, could be next month. I'll reiterate my point in that the MA2 is not 'missing' anything. As I said there is scope for improvements but do not confuse the potential of a product with features that are missing if they were never advertised from the start.

Your thread implies that DJI have promised features and are delaying releasing them with new firmware. Reality check buddy - they have never promised anything more than what the drone already has.
2020-10-13
Use props
Niknik
First Officer
  • >>>
Greece

A J Posted at 10-13 12:22
NikNik - you don't know anymore than I or anyone else on this forum when DJI are actually going to release any new drone models. Could be 2022, could be next month. I'll reiterate my point in that the MA2 is not 'missing' anything. As I said there is scope for improvements but do hot confuse the potential of a product with features that are missing if they were never advertised from the start.

Your thread implies that DJI have promised features and are delaying releasing them with new firmware. Reality check buddy - they have never promised anything more than what the drone already has.

Yes, I Agree but when the successor to an older model should have everything of the previous model and many new features. The new features are ok but some things do not need a promise but to exist because the old model had it.
2020-10-13
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Niknik Posted at 10-13 12:56
Yes, I Agree but when the successor to an older model should have everything of the previous model and many new features. The new features are ok but some things do not need a promise but to exist because the old model had it.

That is not how successor from predecessor products work. Some features that were once on the previous model become obsolete and will not be carried over automatically to the new model. For example, I don't see fixed wing mode on the Mavic 2 Pro from the Mavic Pro - does that mean it's missing on the M2P? No, it just doesn't have that feature on the successor.

The MA2 is a different drone to the MA and has many upgrades over it but there will be some features retained by the previous model that may not be compatible with the new models design or has been improved into a new feature. Again, nothing is missing on the MA2.
2020-10-13
Use props
Niknik
First Officer
  • >>>
Greece

A J Posted at 10-13 13:01
That is not how successor from predecessor products work. Some features that were once on the previous model become obsolete and will not be carried over automatically to the new model. For example, I don't see fixed wing mode on the Mavic 2 Pro from the Mavic Pro - does that mean it's missing on the M2P? No, it just doesn't have that feature on the successor.

The MA2 is a different drone to the MA and has many upgrades over it but there will be some features retained by the previous model that may not be compatible with the new models design or has been improved into a new feature. Again, nothing is missing on the MA2.

So, for example, where are waypoints in normal mode? (Very useful) And many other?
2020-10-13
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Niknik Posted at 10-13 13:28
So, for example, where are waypoints in normal mode? (Very useful) And many other?

Where did DJI advertise that the MA2 has waypoints?
2020-10-13
Use props
Niknik
First Officer
  • >>>
Greece

A J Posted at 10-13 14:02
Where did DJI advertise that the MA2 has waypoints?

It has nothing to do with advertisements. it is a very useful feature and is only software. Waypoints exist in hyperlapse in a simpler form, so it is a must. So DJI can do it. And more things that people need.
2020-10-13
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

I would expect one maybe two more updates for the life of ma2 and that's it unless there is some sort of critical issue.  may as well plan on it.
2020-10-13
Use props
Niknik
First Officer
  • >>>
Greece

The Saint Posted at 10-13 15:32
I would expect one maybe two more updates for the life of ma2 and that's it unless there is some sort of critical issue.  may as well plan on it.

Yes, one or two good ones  are enough to give some new features to make it perfect.
2020-10-13
Use props
Pappy3
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2820469 ft
United States

I guess you're talking about firmware updates as there have been 4 updates to the Fly app in the past 2 months.
2020-10-13
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Niknik. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing your insights with us with regards to this matter. As of the moment, we do not have any information with DJI's future updates and when will be the release date of this updates. Kindly please stay tuned to the latest updates by subscribing to DJI official website at www.dji.com or following us on social media ( Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DJI , Twitter: https://twitter.com/djiglobal , YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/djiinnovations ). Thank you.
2020-10-13
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Niknik Posted at 10-13 14:48
It has nothing to do with advertisements. it is a very useful feature and is only software. Waypoints exist in hyperlapse in a simpler form, so it is a must. So DJI can do it. And more things that people need.

You totally don’t get it do you. If it’s not advertised then it’s not missing - how many more times do I have to spell it out!!!!!
2020-10-13
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Niknik Posted at 10-13 07:46
All these features
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=222424

None of these were promised by DJI.  
2020-10-14