mavic mini care refresh trying to charge for covered repairs
455 18 2020-10-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans553bd110
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1282621 ft
United States

i Own a mavic mini with care refresh since new. bought in dec.
1 battery died, i sent it in with care refresh option.
just got a bill saying i can have replacement for $45 usd.
Battery is covered under care refresh on dji website.
WTF??

this is after i sent in mavic mini and they charged $160 for repair instead of $40 for first crash replacement.

I have owned phantom 4 pro with care, and never had to put up with this BS.

should i not buy their product anymore.

2020-10-19
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13498560 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

I know with refresh there is an amount that you need to pay, like paying an excess fee when you do an insurance claim.
2020-10-19
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

We are deeply sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. I had pulled out your case number by your forum account. I will escalate your case to the proper department to investigate the issue and provide you with an update asap. We will have someone contact you during working hours. Please wait for the update. Apologize again for the trouble.
2020-10-19
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13978875 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Suren Posted at 10-19 22:15
I know with refresh there is an amount that you need to pay, like paying an excess fee when you do an insurance claim.

Exactly - care refresh is actually an accidental damage insurance policy.
2020-10-19
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Suren Posted at 10-19 22:15

I wasn't aware that there's an excess charge with Care Refresh. Thanks for the heads-up.
2020-10-19
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

A J Posted at 10-19 23:32

Surely his battery should have been replaced free as it's under 12 months old? Or is the guarantee period less on "consumables" ?
2020-10-19
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 10-19 23:38
Surely his battery should have been replaced free as it's under 12 months old? Or is the guarantee period less on "consumables" ?

You still have to pay an excess on the claim. Probably more than the battery is worth. Take your car insurance - if you smash it up and have a £10,000 repair bill you pay £200 excess towards it. Yet if the damage is £150 you still have to pay a £200 excess so don't claim. Same priciple.

And the warranty is different. No excess but the warranty is valid for six months on MM batteries in the US (or up to 200 recharge cycles) and only covers manufacturer defects.
2020-10-19
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

A J Posted at 10-19 23:40
You still have to pay an excess on the claim. Probably more than the battery is worth. Take your car insurance - if you smash it up and have a £10,000 repair bill you pay £200 excess towards it. Yet if the damage is £150 you still have to pay a £200 excess so don't claim. Same priciple.

And the warranty is different. No excess but the warranty is valid for six months on MM batteries in the US (or up to 200 recharge cycles) and only covers manufacturer defects.

My car insurance is comprehensive with no XS, but I take your point.  Insurers always try to wriggle out at the slightest excuse, it seems.
2020-10-19
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 10-19 23:48
My car insurance is comprehensive with no XS, but I take your point.  Insurers always try to wriggle out at the slightest excuse, it seems.

I'm obviously using the excess on car insurance as an example. We have a compulsory excess on our BMW. And yes they do, I'm yet to see any business that likes to give away profits
2020-10-19
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

A J Posted at 10-19 23:53
I'm obviously using the excess on car insurance as an example. We have a compulsory excess on our BMW. And yes they do, I'm yet to see any business that likes to give away profits

My one experience of car insurance was 4 years ago holidaying in Scotland. We got T-boned by a car doing a U-turn from a layby on the A75. Car was a write-off but only injuries were bruises from the seat belts and side-impact protection. Even though I was blameless the third party's insurers didn't want to cough up the full value of my car, as it was valued much higher in France than it would be in the UK.  The wrangling went on for a while before they caved in.
2020-10-20
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 10-20 00:03
My one experience of car insurance was 4 years ago holidaying in Scotland. We got T-boned by a car doing a U-turn from a layby on the A75. Car was a write-off but only injuries were bruises from the seat belts and side-impact protection. Even though I was blameless the third party's insurers didn't want to cough up the full value of my car, as it was valued much higher in France than it would be in the UK.  The wrangling went on for a while before they caved in.

Insurers hate (and I mean HATE) the threat of legal action. Just mention the name of their regulator and the word lawyer and they get on their knees soon enough.
2020-10-20
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

A J Posted at 10-20 00:06
Insurers hate (and I mean HATE) the threat of legal action. Just mention the name of their regulator and the word lawyer and they get on their knees soon enough.

It was exactly the threat of that that resolved the issue. My French agent was useless. It took a bit of table thumping on my part. After the case was resolved I kicked him into touch and went elsewhere.
2020-10-20
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 10-20 00:18
It was exactly the threat of that that resolved the issue. My French agent was useless. It took a bit of table thumping on my part. After the case was resolved I kicked him into touch and went elsewhere.

Always works. Insurance is the absolute bottom of financial services. Most of those involved follow scripts and if the insurer is connected to a major bank they become even more risk adverse. The threat of bad publicity in an open claim court is often enough though they will test the claimant and see if he/she accepts what they say in the first instance.

Financial ombudsman, financial conduct authority and ultimately the courts are in place to protect the consumer. Of course, the loss adjusters will evaluate the situation to prevent insurance fraud and that is understandable but as long as you are in the right to begin with then always stand by your guns and fire them when needed.
2020-10-20
Use props
Scarves UP
First Officer
Flight distance : 372992 ft
United States

Just buy a new battery for the same price.
2020-10-20
Use props
fans553bd110
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1282621 ft
United States

Scarves UP Posted at 10-20 05:11
Just buy a new battery for the same price.

The point is a battery is covered under my DJI care refresh, and they are trying to charge for it.
2020-10-20
Use props
Scarves UP
First Officer
Flight distance : 372992 ft
United States

fans553bd110 Posted at 10-20 05:18
The point is a battery is covered under my DJI care refresh, and they are trying to charge for it.

But as stated above, you need to pay the 39$ as base, then when using it, pay an EXTRA 45$, no matter what. Its stated in the price and in the page where you buy it.
2020-10-20
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

Blériot53 Posted at 10-19 23:36
I wasn't aware that there's an excess charge with Care Refresh. Thanks for the heads-up.

You're welcome, just think of it as an insurance policy
2020-10-20
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

A J Posted at 10-19 23:32

Yup
2020-10-20
Use props
videoeditman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6713271 ft
United States

So, any claim on refresh would only be smart if the charge would be over $45. Also you only get 2 claims against refresh!
2020-10-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules