Will Osmo Pocket 2 Accessories Have Backwards Compatibility?
6084 18 2020-10-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MuhlisG
lvl.4

Turkey

Hi,
So the Osmo Pocket 2 just launched, and a lot of features are the same as the original Osmo Pocket. Just wondering, will Osmo Pocket 2 accessories be able to work on the Osmo Pocket 1? The control joystick that comes with the Osmo Pocket 2 looks cool, it will be cooler if it was compatible with Osmo Pocket.

Thanks.
2020-10-20
Use props
JKJenn
lvl.4
Flight distance : 42280 ft
  • >>>
United States

Wondering the same....appears that the wireless module and mic adapter now come in the all in one handle, so I doubt those will work. Also, looks like a different lens, or probably will require new filters.

The one I am most curious about is the extension rod.I am not optimistic, however.
2020-10-20
Use props
DaveSp
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6562 ft
United States

See this -

https://new.reddit.com/r/osmopoc ... ibility_list_enjoy/
2020-10-20
Use props
Robb OConnor
Second Officer
United Kingdom

This is from FAQ on DJI.com the good and surprising news is that a lot of the accessories can be used on both OP and OP2
2020-10-20
Use props
DaveSp
Second Officer
United States

It was mentioned elsewhere that 3rd party filters and lenses for the OP1 will not work on the OP2.
2020-10-20
Use props
CemAygun
Second Officer
Flight distance : 810 ft
Philippines

DaveSp Posted at 10-20 10:33
It was mentioned elsewhere that 3rd party filters and lenses for the OP1 will not work on the OP2.

That is strange because according to the list both the ND filter set and the new wide angle adapter are compatible across.
2020-10-20
Use props
DaveSp
Second Officer
United States

CemAygun Posted at 10-20 10:49
That is strange because according to the list both the ND filter set and the new wide angle adapter are compatible across.

This was the post -

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 057&pid=2308557

"The DJI Pocket 2 Wide-Angle Lens is can be used with the Osmo Pocket. But the Osmo Pocket Lens won't be able to use with the DJI Pocket 2 hence the ND filters from the Osmo Pocket 1 is compatible with the Osmo Pocket 2."

Confusing ...
2020-10-20
Use props
MKosmo
Second Officer
United Kingdom

DaveSp Posted at 10-20 11:39
This was the post -

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=redirect&goto=findpost&ptid=227057&pid=2308557

I suspect the op2 wide angle will not work on the original op since the optics and fov etc are different, however the mounting is the same for ND filters etc ... so they will be compatible across both versions.

It’s interesting to note the little joystick IS compatible , I wonder how much this will be I can see this being popular.
2020-10-20
Use props
DaveSp
Second Officer
United States

MKosmo Posted at 10-20 11:50
I suspect the op2 wide angle will not work on the original op since the optics and fov etc are different, however the mounting is the same for ND filters etc ... so they will be compatible across both versions.

It’s interesting to note the little joystick IS compatible , I wonder how much this will be I can see this being popular.

Good point on the filters.

re the joystick - I'm interested as I never invested in the wheel but recently considered getting one.
2020-10-20
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hello MuhlisG, thank you for reaching out and I appreciate your inquiry. Selected accessories can be used interchangeable between the Osmo Pocket 2 and the Osmo Pocket. The DJI Pocket 2 Mini Control Stick is compatible to both of them. Thank you.
2020-10-20
Use props
DaveSp
Second Officer
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 10-20 12:48
Hello MuhlisG, thank you for reaching out and I appreciate your inquiry. Selected accessories can be used interchangeable between the Osmo Pocket 2 and the Osmo Pocket. The DJI Pocket 2 Mini Control Stick is compatible to both of them. Thank you.

Any idea on when it will be available as a separate accessory?
2020-10-20
Use props
CemAygun
Second Officer
Philippines

I suspect the op2 wide angle will not work on the original op since the optics and fov etc are different, however the mounting is the same for ND filters etc ... so they will be compatible across both versions.

I could not see it for sale on the DJI site. And it comes with both packages. I am sure it would be for sale at one point as it is easy too loose and people will need replacements. I also could not see the wide angle lens. I intend to buy the basic package + the lens. I have no use for wireless microphone and I am planning to use the old wifi adapter...
2020-10-20
Use props
Aavalaakso
First Officer
Flight distance : 328 ft
  • >>>
Finland

Good to see that some people see that OP2 is really excellent camera for that price and size. Also for the wifi, I rather use good wifi module than build in with crap antennas. Also without modules OP and OP2 is signal free. For airplanes etc.

I have seen many people complaining things even without knowing is it true even. This is not a7 so we dont need to wait a7 specs from it.

For my family and video/photo hobby use, OP / OP2 is an incredible camera.

Very happy Extension Rod works with it OP2 is a bit more what I wanted even.
2020-10-20
Use props
Psoon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 16279465 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I've ordered the Creator Combo and my old OP is still with me. She's a little rough along the edges, but still takes wonderful videos and time lapses. Will update as soon as I get my delivery
2020-10-21
Use props
Psoon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 16279465 ft
  • >>>
Canada

DaveSp Posted at 10-20 11:39
This was the post -

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=redirect&goto=findpost&ptid=227057&pid=2308557

The author needs to review his post and clarify. There's too many contradictions
2020-10-21
Use props
DaveSp
Second Officer
United States

Psoon Posted at 10-21 09:15
The author needs to review his post and clarify. There's too many contradictions

Yeah. it was a head scratcher.
2020-10-21
Use props
DaveSp
Second Officer
United States

CemAygun Posted at 10-20 13:07
I could not see it for sale on the DJI site. And it comes with both packages. I am sure it would be for sale at one point as it is easy too loose and people will need replacements. I also could not see the wide angle lens. I intend to buy the basic package + the lens. I have no use for wireless microphone and I am planning to use the old wifi adapter...

Wide angle and other accessories are here now -

https://store.dji.com/shop/osmo-series
2020-10-21
Use props
CemAygun
Second Officer
Philippines

DaveSp Posted at 10-21 13:23
Wide angle and other accessories are here now -

https://store.dji.com/shop/osmo-series

Yep, saw it Thanks a lot for the info   Kind of steep price though. The creator pack extras add up to $276. Probably I will wait a bit on the lens...
2020-10-21
Use props
Gelert
First Officer
Flight distance : 2063238 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I suspect the op2 wide angle will not work on the original op since the optics and fov etc are different, however the mounting is the same for ND filters etc ... so they will be compatible across both versions.

At £25 I can see it being extremely popular
2020-10-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules