Ronin S2 More stable then Ronin S?
890 5 2020-10-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tym
lvl.1
Canada

Good evening everyone,

I recently had to return my Ronin S because it was not giving me the smooth footage i wanted. it was balanced to "excellent" all the time, and it was autotuned. i even tested different levels of motor stiffness but in the end nothing i did made it better, and it looks like A LOT of poeople had the same issue. here are just 2 quick links i found, but i've come across A LOT with everyone commenting about having the same issue.

https://forum.dji.com/thread-175524-1-1.html

https://forum.dji.com/thread-190423-1-1.html

I know this is a little early, but i am hoping at some point someone who had these issues with the Ronin S, purchased the ROnin S2, and can say they are not having the same issues.

Thanks in advance everyone and take care
2020-10-20
Use props
Indio
Second Officer
Flight distance : 303373 ft
  • >>>
Austria

the jitter problem will not be different with the new one if the load is too light.
the ronin-s did not have any problems with heavy cameras and/or heavy lenses.
only small mirrorless cameras with light plastic lenses.
2020-10-20
Use props
Tym
lvl.1
Canada

Good morning,

I am shooting with the D780 (840 g) w/ Tamron 17-35 2.8-4 (460g) and Tamron 24-70 (900g), so there is no way I don't have enough weight on the Ronin and theres no way 100% of the people in the forums also just had super light weight setups.
2020-10-21
Use props
Indio
Second Officer
  • >>>
Austria

these are just my experiences so far
i myself use a BMPCC4k in full tilta cage and a 28mm EF lens with nucleus - n and have never had jitter.
2020-10-21
Use props
KS-6
lvl.4
Flight distance : 112559 ft
  • >>>
United States

Indio Posted at 10-20 23:59
the jitter problem will not be different with the new one if the load is too light.
the ronin-s did not have any problems with heavy cameras and/or heavy lenses.
only small mirrorless cameras with light plastic lenses.

I assume you are talking about the new RS 2?

If so this a bit concerning as my max weight will be a bit less than half the 4.5KG capacity and average will only be 1.5KG. I opted for the RS 2 over the RSC 2 due to NATO mounts, fine adjustment on tilt, touch screen and removable batteries. Otherwise the RSC 2 would have been fine...
2020-10-21
Use props
Indio
Second Officer
  • >>>
Austria

now, i talking about the old ronin S
but i thinking it can be the same with the new RS-2
2020-10-22
Use props
Advanced