DJI Pocket 2 Do-It-All Handle
6555 13 2020-10-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
B_Gears
lvl.2
United States

I am happy the new DJI Pocket 2 has been announced for release. I want to know if the "DJI Pocket 2 Do-It-All Handle" has a USB-C connector so the "Pocket 2" can be charged while recording video? The WiFi Adapter for the "Pocket 1" had a USB-C connector so it could be charged while recording.
2020-10-20
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there B_Gears. Thank you for reaching out and for this information you have posted. The DJI Pocket 2 Do-It-All Handle is comfortable to hold, the DJI Pocket 2 Do-It-All Handle has a built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth module, wireless mic receiver, and 1/4" threaded hole. Connect it to the DJI Mimo app via Wi-Fi and you can control Pocket 2 from your smartphone. It can record sound wirelessly with the DJI Wireless Microphone Transmitter, or connect to external earphones/headphones via the 3.5mm audio adapter. When previewing footage, the built-in speaker can playback audio. The 1/4" threaded hole at the bottom is compatible with tripods and additional accessories. In addition I will post a link where in you can find the DJI Pocket 2 Do-It-All Handle User Guide ( https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... ndle_User_Guide.pdf ). Thank you.

2020-10-20
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Second Officer

United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 10-20 22:34
Hello there B_Gears. Thank you for reaching out and for this information you have posted. The DJI Pocket 2 Do-It-All Handle is comfortable to hold, the DJI Pocket 2 Do-It-All Handle has a built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth module, wireless mic receiver, and 1/4" threaded hole. Connect it to the DJI Mimo app via Wi-Fi and you can control Pocket 2 from your smartphone. It can record sound wirelessly with the DJI Wireless Microphone Transmitter, or connect to external earphones/headphones via the 3.5mm audio adapter. When previewing footage, the built-in speaker can playback audio. The 1/4" threaded hole at the bottom is compatible with tripods and additional accessories. In addition I will post a link where in you can find the DJI Pocket 2 Do-It-All Handle User Guide ( https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/DJI_Pocket_2/DJI_Pocket_2_Do_It_All_Handle_User_Guide.pdf ). Thank you.

[view_image]

Hi Stephen.
Is there a volume control for the headphone jack? Also can you monitor the audio while recording?

Ray.
2020-10-21
Use props
Chung123
lvl.3

United States

Hello there B_Gears. Thank you for reaching out and for this information you have posted. The DJI Pocket 2 Do-It-All Handle is comfortable to hold, the DJI Pocket 2 Do-It-All Handle has a built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth module, wireless mic receiver, and 1/4" threaded hole. Connect it to the DJI Mimo app via Wi-Fi and you can control Pocket 2 from your smartphone. It can record sound wirelessly with the DJI Wireless Microphone Transmitter, or connect to external earphones/headphones via the 3.5mm audio adapter. When previewing footage, the built-in speaker can playback audio. The 1/4" threaded hole at the bottom is compatible with tripods and additional accessories. In addition I will post a link where in you can find the DJI Pocket 2 Do-It-All Handle User Guide ( https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/DJI_Pocket_2/DJI_Pocket_2_Do_It_All_Handle_User_Guide.pdf ). Thank you.

[view_image]

Is the 3.5mm input stereo?
2020-10-21
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Second Officer

United Kingdom

Chung123 Posted at 10-21 08:30
Is the 3.5mm input stereo?

From the manual.
3.5mm Audio Port For connecting a 3.5 mm TRS or TRRS microphone.
2020-10-22
Use props
Chung123
lvl.3

United States

Ray-CubeAce Posted at 10-22 03:41
From the manual.
3.5mm Audio Port For connecting a 3.5 mm TRS or TRRS microphone.

I'm curious if it actually records 2 channel stereo Left an Right  or gets mixed into a mono track on the video.
2020-10-22
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

I'm wondering the same thing here.  
2020-10-22
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Second Officer

United Kingdom

Chung123 Posted at 10-22 05:34
I'm curious if it actually records 2 channel stereo Left an Right  or gets mixed into a mono track on the video.

Listening to some of the YouTube output so far I'd say it was definitely stereo this time around. At least with using the inboard mics. I can't see any reason that should change using external ones.
Originally I think it was aimed at vloggers and DJI was more concerned with noise cancelling than true stereo. The ADC used had to to be hard wired into a configuration at construction so I think no software update could undo the problem.
A lot of users complained but was in effect too late. I do think DJI listen  to their users and didn't make the same mistake the second time around. If anything they have possibly helped more than they needed to. Will have to see but the wireless mic from what I have seen sounds much better with it's dead cat off.

What I'm interested in is how to connect the earphones. Do they have to be wireless and how would you connect? Having in ear monitoring using noise canceling earphones would be a boon to me.

Ray.
2020-10-22
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Apparently the socket on the handle takes a trrs connector (or trs) so I'm guessing that a phone earphone/mic combo would work.  But would that wiring support a stereo mic?   I don't think so.  Shame.
2020-10-22
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Second Officer

United Kingdom

fansfe82067d Posted at 10-22 20:54
Apparently the socket on the handle takes a trrs connector (or trs) so I'm guessing that a phone earphone/mic combo would work.  But would that wiring support a stereo mic?   I don't think so.  Shame.

That is a good point.
I hope you are wrong but fear you may be correct.
All these influences on YouTube and none so far getting into the nitty-gritty of more complex user requirements.
It would be nice to know, one way or the other.
2020-10-22
Use props
B_Gears
lvl.2
United States

Pocket 2 User Guide

[view_image]

I have noticed from other videos posted to the Forum that the User Guide has a mistake. The Guide has #4 listed as USB-C port & #5 listed as Speaker port. These ports are reversed.  The speaker is on the front and should be labeled #4. The USB-C port is on the back and should be labeled #5. It is a simple mistake this early in the release, but it should be corrected.
2020-10-24
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

B_Gears Posted at 10-24 10:08
I have noticed from other videos posted to the Forum that the User Guide has a mistake. The Guide has #4 listed as USB-C port & #5 listed as Speaker port. These ports are reversed.  The speaker is on the front and should be labeled #4. The USB-C port is on the back and should be labeled #5. It is a simple mistake this early in the release, but it should be corrected.

Hi there B_Gears. Thank you for the reply and for this information you have share. I have already forwarded this information to the designated DJI department for further attention and correction. Again, thank you for your valued support and keep on filming.
2020-10-27
Use props
Alli Heyns
New

South Africa

Hi, I am an audio engineer and was attracted to the on-board recording features of the Dji transmitters. (Some situations are just too risky for my Zaxcom transmitters...!) I found a pair of the 213 transmitter/recorders on eBay, for what looks like a good price. I only need the on-board recording feature and thought this was it. When it arrived I realised these are not the free recording units and that I needed a Do-it-all handle. I bought the handle, and still no luck. I now need a Pocket 2 camera to control the handle, to control the transmitters...! Is there any solution to using ONLY the Do-it-all handle with the two transmitters... Audio only... Any aftermarket clip on device that supplies controls for the handle, without the camera...?
2023-11-17
Use props
B_Gears
lvl.2
United States

Alli Heyns Posted at 11-17 13:16
Hi, I am an audio engineer and was attracted to the on-board recording features of the Dji transmitters. (Some situations are just too risky for my Zaxcom transmitters...!) I found a pair of the 213 transmitter/recorders on eBay, for what looks like a good price. I only need the on-board recording feature and thought this was it. When it arrived I realised these are not the free recording units and that I needed a Do-it-all handle. I bought the handle, and still no luck. I now need a Pocket 2 camera to control the handle, to control the transmitters...! Is there any solution to using ONLY the Do-it-all handle with the two transmitters... Audio only... Any aftermarket clip on device that supplies controls for the handle, without the camera...?

Hello Alli,

I'm a photographer that has done live performances before Covid. I listed below my equipment, how it is used and links to a couple of my videos. I don't know if this will help but I have fun with my setup.

My live event recording equipment:
        ⁃        Osmo Pocket 1 & 6,000 mAh external battery on Large Tripod.
        ⁃        Apple iPad controlling Pocket 1
        ⁃        Zoom H2n Recorder on Mini Tripod
        ⁃        PluralEyes 4 overlays mono audio with stereo audio in recordings.

Pocket 1 records video & mono audio.
External battery keeps Pocket 1 charged during long performances.
iPad is used to position & control Pocket 1 recordings via wifi from my seat.
Zoom on mini tripod used to record stereo audio.
PluralEyes overlays mono with stereo audio.  (Don’t know if PluralEyes is still available?)

Club Fox Live Performance

Zoom H2n Link
https://zoomcorp.com/en/jp/handy ... h2n-handy-recorder/
2023-11-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules