Happy w/ P3 seeing 3DR video now
2530 19 2015-6-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Two Snakes
lvl.2
Flight distance : 241457 ft
United States

Wow, is it just me or do most of the 3DR videos coming out look horrible vs the Phantom? They are shaking real bad in the ones I've seen.  Oh, the owners are also complaining about the same stuff that you see on here. Mine still runs like a champ.  Thank god. {:3_54:}
2015-6-25
Use props
SULTAN This user has been deleted
Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2015-6-25
Use props
Jack57
lvl.3

Canada

Yeah lol there are even more fly always and crashes reported with the solo, and their customer service has been reported as ****
2015-6-25
Use props
Two Snakes
lvl.2
Flight distance : 241457 ft
United States

Oh, that's right. Forgot the gimbal is extra.  All those extras add up.  Saw one guy fly under a tree canopy and it went sideways and crashed when from what he said it lost gps and caused the crash.  This doesn't happen on my dji.  
2015-6-25
Use props
vu.q.le
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2015-6-25
Use props
droneflyers.com
Second Officer
Flight distance : 60709 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've been tracking it pretty closely and suffice it to say that it seems massively defective. Not just a little. A lot.
The GPS basically doesn't work. Their answer? Fly it above the trees. Don't fly where there is even a single tree. Learn how to fly manual.

Many of them experience the machine banking hard and just flying away out of control when they take off. Crash!
A few customers have already sent back TWO units. Just imagine - what are the odds of a replacement for a defective unit being defective?

This is not a simple case of a bit of a rush. This is worse. It is not useable.

Oh, today they delayed the gimbal further. It's not even ready for production - in other words, not even in "beta" yet.

I think new Solo buyers will be lucky to be flying with a gimbal by mid-September - that is, if they still have their machines in one piece.
2015-6-25
Use props
droneflyers.com
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Raybro Posted at 2015-6-26 17:45
No, it  is you that is massively defective dude. I can get 13 or more satellites when my P2 will u ...

Calm down, Bro!
You are reading about the same crashes I am.
There is no gimbal. A regular buyer cannot count on one in stock (on the shelf) for months.

I know you have committed, but really....telling folks to consider something vastly inferior that doesn't exist at almost twice the price doesn't seem like you are doing them a favor.

Oh, and please be nice. That's one of the rules here and it's DJI's board.

Just about everyone - even the early fans - are now admitting they are very concerned. Many have just went out and bought the P3. Even you will see that soon.

It's fine for YOU to waste your money but leading others to do so does not seem right. Does misery love company?
2015-6-26
Use props
Willie Wonka
lvl.4

United States

Raybro Posted at 2015-6-26 17:45
No, it  is you that is massively defective dude. I can get 13 or more satellites when my P2 will u ...

Yes he is biased towards dji and I am starting to be too as I have been flying dji products since the early f550, but to attack him is uncalled for, I bet face to face you would not have done that.
2015-6-26
Use props
JtrJr-UAV Pilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4341 ft
United States

Willie Wonka Posted at 2015-6-26 21:41
Yes he is biased towards dji and I am starting to be too as I have been flying dji products since  ...

"I bet face to face you would not have done that."

Willie,

How much? I agree that personal attacks aren't necessary. There's a bit of history here. I happen to take Ray's side. Mr. Droneflyer seems to relish the idea that he somehow knows more than most. IMHO, he does not. If you follow any of his posts you'll clearly agree. Mr. Droneflyer seems infatuated with trying to incite negativity regarding anything that doesn't coincide with his opinions. Ray owns a Phantom 2 and a Solo. As is the case with most of us here, he has encountered and overcome obstacles with his Phantom and continues to fly with it happily and successfully. He also flies a Solo. To this date I am unaware of any issues he has had with his Solo but it is a new product. As far as I know Mr. Droneflyer does not yet own a Solo nor has he flown one. He has stated that he will be getting one for his work but has not done so yet. Based on the "fact" (not opinion) that Ray owns and flies a Solo and Mr. Droneflyer does not, I'll give Rays opinion much more credibility than Mr. Droneflyers. All just my opinion, of course.

Jerry
2015-6-26
Use props
aburkefl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 78612 ft
United States

vu.q.le@outlook Posted at 2015-6-26 10:13
I think they rushed it because of the Phantom 3. I like competition.  Consumers win!

Spent a good chunk of the afternoon reading the 3DR pilot forum. Just substitute 3DR for Phantom and it would feel like still being over here!

One big difference I see on the 3DR forum - they don't seem nearly as irritated with customer service as we do over here.

Phantom owners bitch that the P3 came to market too quickly - trying to beat 3DR. The 3DR pilots are saying - are you ready for it - wait for it - "...3DR came to market too soon trying to keep up with DJI!"

As Joe Pesci said in "My Cousin Vinnie"  "...what a $#%^*#% surprise!"
2015-6-27
Use props
droneflyers.com
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Willie Wonka Posted at 2015-6-26 21:41
Yes he is biased towards dji and I am starting to be too as I have been flying dji products since  ...

Jerry needs to start his own forum instead of telling us all what is right and wrong and whose opinions and experience we should believe.

Sadly - and I mean Sadly, the Solo is looking like a defective launch. A vast percentage - can't put my finger on it but very high - of units are veering away out of control. I just had a fellow blogger buy one - he's a pro - and his did this within 2 days. He reviewed it - and is now returning it.

It's happening to dozens of others - one report every couple hours. Considering the few units being flown it's way out of line.

I could care less if the real "know - it - alls" like Jerry and RayBro buy 10 each. But those who value their time and money should look elsewhere.  Buy a Yuneec. Buy a Blade.

Think about it. Even if it was perfect and impressive (it's not....), then you still would not even know how the gimbal performs for about 2 months....if you are lucky! So if they perfect the craft and perfect the gimbal and we get some true reviews (not from DJI haters or fan bois), then you might want to consider one....after about October assuming they hold to their schedule on the gimbal.

That seems simple. Why would people buy something that doesn't exist? Well, maybe PT Barnum was right
2015-6-27
Use props
JtrJr-UAV Pilot
Second Officer
United States

droneflyers.com Posted at 2015-6-28 08:43
Jerry needs to start his own forum instead of telling us all what is right and wrong and whose opi ...

Alright Mr. Droneflyer, you just crossed the line. I have been nothing but respectful to you. I have bit my tongue while you have repeatedly berated people on this forum. I have listened to you spill your feelings about subjects that you have not been involved. You have utilized the thoughts that Service Members have shared with you as if they were your own. You know nothing. You are a blowhard that knows absolutely nothing. I will leave it at that for now. Do not address me in the future. I do not want anything to do with you. I will exist here and you will too. I will respect your right to be here and say as you choose. You'd better respect my right to do so as well. Should you "choose" to cross this line again, you will reap what you sow.

Respectfully,

Jerry

(Last f'ng time!)
2015-6-27
Use props
JtrJr-UAV Pilot
Second Officer
United States

droneflyers.com Posted at 2015-6-28 08:43
Jerry needs to start his own forum instead of telling us all what is right and wrong and whose opi ...

Think about it for one good, clear moment. I don't want to waste my time on you. IMO, you're a sad and lonely man. You seem to get off on telling people of their ineptitude. As if you have no failings. You have failings, Man. You know it and I know it.  I'm here to learn, enjoy and seek advice from my fellow pilots. To provide support to those that have encountered difficulty. To share anything I can to help someone in need. WTF are you here for? To imply that you are better than others? It's not working Man. You want to start a war with me? Be my guest! I'm retired with nothing to do. Having a mission wouldn't be a bad thing for me. You want to be my new mission? Make it so. Just don't curl up like a little wuss when I pull your covers and expose you for the fraud you are. My name is already out there, there is nothing you can get on me. You want to play games with me, go for it. You will lose. If you don't, crawl back under that rock before I step on you.

My very last respectful post to you,

Jerry
2015-6-27
Use props
frozenhawaiian
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1663 ft
United States

DJI has had several generations of the phantom to refine them, my P3P works flawlessly. did the P3 come to market to quickly? no I don't think so. did they rush the firmware update? maybe. regardless the P3 is still a superior aircraft and a superior system if for no other reason than because DJI has sad several product generations to work out kinks and refine the design.  oh and P3 has an excellent camera mounted to an excellent gimbal, and it's in consumers hands already. as it stands now the solo is hanging back in P2 sans gimbal territory.
2015-6-27
Use props
Mark97564
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2067749 ft
United States

And you all thought  dji was ripping you off...  Dji is number 1 in the copter market and who ever don't think so is a moron!  They are busting their a$$es to design cool toys for us and make us happy..  Don't anyone see all the changes for the good? Stick with dji and stop whining people, im sure if we all keep dji in business we are going to get allot more really cool things to buy and play with...  If we all put them out of business we are going to end up with crap just like we had before dji...  Any new release of a product that is so awesome that everyone wants it is going to be like this for at least 4 to 6 months and then they will get caught up and there will be plenty batteries and accessories..  It's how the world turns people, look at the ps4 and xbox one!  I sat in line freezing my A$$ off in a line at best buy from 4am to 1030am when they finally passed tickets out, and if there was just 1 more person in front of me I would have done it for no reason.....   

Every release of the pilot app has been getting better and better, they added signal  quality line to the new version of the app and when ever I have video issues on my tablet it's saying the rc quality is poor even if I got full bars of signal, I walk 200 meters away from the buildings in my neighborhood the quality goes to good and my video link works good..  So now I know my issues with my video link are due to interference and not the p3, so I hope that function stays part of the app..  Like it needs to be right next to the signal bars showing how strong your signal is..  My only complaint is vps right now but I'm sure it will work soon and work well once it does..  I love dji products, my 2 naza-m v2 systems have always worked great. I, hoping dji puts out a updated gps puck for naza so it can use glonass like the p3 does..  

everyone cried about the backpack coming with the p3 and guess what, now it does..  They are listening people so be a little more patient and understanding cuz dji is going to take care of us and give us plenty more bada$$ toys in the future if we don't stop supporting them....  
2015-6-27
Use props
Helios
lvl.2
United States

Mark97564 Posted at 2015-6-28 12:47
And you all thought  dji was ripping you off...  Dji is number 1 in the copter market and who ever d ...

>> And you all thought  dji was ripping you off...  Dji is number 1 in the copter market and who ever don't think so is a moron!  They are busting their a$$es to design cool toys for us and make us happy..

You must be a teenager.

DJI is not a charity. They don't make anything to make you happy. They seek profit and they are making it. They happen to hit the market first and others are refining their product. Soon the competition will be tougher which is better for the consumer.

2015-6-27
Use props
Willie Wonka
lvl.4

United States

Helios Posted at 2015-6-28 13:13
>> And you all thought  dji was ripping you off...  Dji is number 1 in the copter market and who e ...

Yeah and we are going to be due for an oil change come end of 2016 when we gonna have to order the phantom 4 with built in parachute system and fail safe beacon, and 700 MHz light bridge system that does 5 miles minimum and 22 volt lipo battery and water proof electronics and floating arms, plus built in Hdmi 9 inch lcd pops out of the back of the transmitter, also it will have external connection to antennas and amps.     

2015-6-27
Use props
myron
lvl.4

Philippines

JtrJr-UAV Pilot Posted at 2015-6-28 11:30
Alright Mr. Droneflyer, you just crossed the line. I have been nothing but respectful to you. I ha ...

yeah bro i been tracking droneflyers forum  history here every time someone or asking help or complaining about phantom issue he's always replying negative comments for me i never respect this guy.
2015-6-28
Use props
wanccie
lvl.2

United States

This sure looks like I logged into facebook.  
2015-6-28
Use props
droneflyers.com
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

myron@iwantlemo Posted at 2015-6-28 16:54
yeah bro i been tracking droneflyers forum  history here every time someone or asking help or comp ...

Myron, you just need to get your Solo and fly.
Obsessing about the loss of your P2 is not a healthy way to spend many months.
You think it's cheap entertainment, but it's not really accomplishing anything.

I am on the DJI forum to help DJI users. I'm not interested in having stalkers like Jerry or others who decide to gang up with others and try to mimic and relive their high school daze. Folks like jerry have more important things to do like starting posts with titles that make no sense so you will read them and hear his feelings about why he is here.

Of course, his behavior speaks differently.

So let me agree with his premise while ignoring him. I'm here to help people with my experience. I don't know it all, but having taken to the air and airwaves (HAM, rocketry, etc.) over 50 years ago I have learned a few things. In addition, I admit to not just being a casual "forum rat"  in that I write blogs, books and reviews on quadcopters. I learn from that also.

Unfortunately this forum does not have an ignore feature yet. However, I would ask that if the bullies and  obsessed shut-ins here don't like something....just to ignore it.

It's not your forum. No. Buying, losing or flying a Phantom does not give you the right to attack people you don't know. It's not in the manual.

Anyway, back to information. The Solo is defective. That's real information meant to help real people save real money, time and trouble. That's the idea of forums like this - not self-importance, whining or philosophy.
2015-6-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules