Pocket 1 and 2 comparison footage
1199 11 2020-10-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

For some extensive side-by-side comparison footage from the Pocket 1 and Pocket 2, see starting at 3'40" - personallly I don't see a huge difference in overall picture quality, but those with more analytical eyes might have a different view.

Maybe any other videos with lengthy samples from both cameras could be added here if anyone comes across them.

2020-10-29
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. Thank you for reaching out and for posting this informative video you have created. Great work and thank you for your support.
2020-10-29
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

It is hard to judge image quality via youtube.
Both look rather well to me.
The big difference is really the field of view (of course)
2020-10-29
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Many thanks for sharing
2020-10-30
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks for sharing.
2020-10-30
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

2020-10-30
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for sharing
2020-10-30
Use props
The General
lvl.2
Flight distance : 13609 ft
United States

I've just finished the firmware update on my Pocket 2 and the colors look much, much better when compared side-by-side to my Osmo Pocket.
2020-10-31
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Really hard to tell a difference from these.  I'm hoping to see an improvement in low light and FOV for Pocket 2.
2020-11-1
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The General Posted at 10-31 20:59
I've just finished the firmware update on my Pocket 2 and the colors look much, much better when compared side-by-side to my Osmo Pocket.

That's good to know - can you also post the comparison
2020-11-1
Use props
The General
lvl.2
Flight distance : 13609 ft
United States

A J Posted at 11-1 07:28
That's good to know - can you also post the comparison

I'm terrible with editing, so I don't think I'll be able to get BOTH videos side-by-side into one video, but I can shoot both together, and then upload each to its own video for comparison. I guess you could open them up in two different windows and watch them side-by-side though, lol.

The other issue I have, which is a right pain in the butt, but I'm sure they'll sort out, is that if I'm using the Do-It-All handle, and then want to connect my phone to the Pocket 2, I need to completely remove the handle and reboot the Pocket 2. Otherwise, it will keep trying to connect via wireless and will ignore the fact that the phone is connected to the Pocket 2 via USB C. That's a real pain to have to do all that, and I'm sure it's just a quick oversight that they'll fix.
2020-11-1
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The General Posted at 11-1 09:01
I'm terrible with editing, so I don't think I'll be able to get BOTH videos side-by-side into one video, but I can shoot both together, and then upload each to its own video for comparison. I guess you could open them up in two different windows and watch them side-by-side though, lol.

The other issue I have, which is a right pain in the butt, but I'm sure they'll sort out, is that if I'm using the Do-It-All handle, and then want to connect my phone to the Pocket 2, I need to completely remove the handle and reboot the Pocket 2. Otherwise, it will keep trying to connect via wireless and will ignore the fact that the phone is connected to the Pocket 2 via USB C. That's a real pain to have to do all that, and I'm sure it's just a quick oversight that they'll fix.

Fair enough
2020-11-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules