1160 9 2020-11-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DemolitionMan14
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1963583 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI needs to bring support for the Canon EOS R5 to the Ronin-S.
2020-11-2
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, we are sorry for bringing any inconvenience on the product use. Our engineer is now working on testing the Canon R5/R6 compatibility on the Ronin Series. Once we have the results, we will update the camera control information on our release note page and the notification on the DJI Forum.

Thanks!
2020-11-3
Use props
RickyBat
lvl.2
Flight distance : 317116 ft
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 11-3 03:31
Hello, we are sorry for bringing any inconvenience on the product use. Our engineer is now working on testing the Canon R5/R6 compatibility on the Ronin Series. Once we have the results, we will update the camera control information on our release note page and the notification on the DJI Forum.

Thanks!

Wanda i hope this is true because if not this Ronin of mine will be having a new job as a door stop
2020-11-3
Use props
thejeremyricci
lvl.1

United States

RickyBat Posted at 11-3 11:14
Wanda i hope this is true because if not this Ronin of mine will be having a new job as a door stop

The delay is 100% to push people to buying an RS2. Expect this to be absent well into Q1 2020. DJI wants people to upgrade, and since the R5 is currently hot stuff, they're going to lock out functionality from the Ronin-S for quite a while to push people to the RS2.

It's egregious and offensive, honestly.
2020-11-19
Use props
RickyBat
lvl.2
Flight distance : 317116 ft
United States

thejeremyricci Posted at 11-19 10:58
The delay is 100% to push people to buying an RS2. Expect this to be absent well into Q1 2020. DJI wants people to upgrade, and since the R5 is currently hot stuff, they're going to lock out functionality from the Ronin-S for quite a while to push people to the RS2.

It's egregious and offensive, honestly.

Ohhh you are absolutely correct on that, its blatantly obvious that is what they intended to do but i am not falling for it. How is it that the new model works straight out of the box but the one you had for 2 years which supports my 5D Mark 3 an almost 10 year old camera and it cant support a new camera that they obviously made it work with the newer shinier product. come on now your customers are not that dumb.
2020-11-19
Use props
virgils
lvl.1
United States

We need support for Ronin S compatibility with Canon R5.
2020-12-11
Use props
kevinf
New
United States

Second that. I bought my Ronin S while I was waiting for my R5 order to be filled, and does not work with either of my cameras SL3 or R5.
2020-12-15
Use props
DemolitionMan14
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1963583 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 2020-11-3 03:31
Hello, we are sorry for bringing any inconvenience on the product use. Our engineer is now working on testing the Canon R5/R6 compatibility on the Ronin Series. Once we have the results, we will update the camera control information on our release note page and the notification on the DJI Forum.

Thanks!

When are we gonna see EOS R5 compatibility?!  It’s been 6  months since the R5 release.  
2021-1-24
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

DemolitionMan14 Posted at 1-24 15:22
When are we gonna see EOS R5 compatibility?!  It’s been 6  months since the R5 release.

Hello, we have just released the new firmware that supports the R5/R6 on the Ronin-S, please do check: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D561%26typeid%3D561

Thanks
2021-1-28
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

kevinf Posted at 2020-12-15 18:28
Second that. I bought my Ronin S while I was waiting for my R5 order to be filled, and does not work with either of my cameras SL3 or R5.

Hello, you can now download the latest firmware for the Ronin-S as it is now support the Canon R5: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=234597

Thanks
2021-1-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules