Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi,
Just had a flight with my MA2 using FlyApp 1.1.10 ; all the battery cell volts are missing now in the cvs file...

Do you have the same experience?

cheers
JJB
2020-11-3
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hello JJB* thank you for reaching us out and my apologies this has caused you. Have you tried to uninstall the DJI Fly app and reboot your mobile device and once rebooted reinstall the DJI Fly app. Try and see if it shows the battery cell volts. Also is there any recent update to the software of your mobile device? Please keep me posted so that we can further assist you.

2020-11-3
Use props
JohnLietzke
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3125968 ft
United States

Apparently, many people have addressed this issue on the other forums and it appears to be a DJI issue going back several to the last firmware update.
2020-11-3
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Paladin Posted at 11-3 08:48
Hello JJB* thank you for reaching us out and my apologies this has caused you. Have you tried to uninstall the DJI Fly app and reboot your mobile device and once rebooted reinstall the DJI Fly app. Try and see if it shows the battery cell volts. Also is there any recent update to the software of your mobile device? Please keep me posted so that we can further assist you.

Hi Paladin,

Will do some other flights with 1.1.10, have 3 devices and no, no mobile devices software updates.

cheers
JJB
2020-11-3
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

The many errors and problems in the DJI sftware, I no longer understand the development processes at DJI ...

No matter where you look, they are all construction sites ...
2020-11-4
Use props
virtual
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4897142 ft
Czechia

JJB* Posted at 11-3 23:41
Hi Paladin,

Will do some other flights with 1.1.10, have 3 devices and no, no mobile devices software updates.

Been flying Mini lately and in app voltage indicator worked well, I will check the flight record. But peple reported no batt info on airdata after app update...
2020-11-4
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Paladin Posted at 11-3 08:48
Hello JJB* thank you for reaching us out and my apologies this has caused you. Have you tried to uninstall the DJI Fly app and reboot your mobile device and once rebooted reinstall the DJI Fly app. Try and see if it shows the battery cell volts. Also is there any recent update to the software of your mobile device? Please keep me posted so that we can further assist you.

Hi again,

On all my devices same 'problem', no cell voltages are logged , well they are not present in the CSV file.
Back to 1.1.9 ; all voltages are to be found in the CSV.

Will delete on a device 1.1.10, reboot all and install again....let you know it that works, don`t think so.

cheers
JJB
2020-11-4
Use props
Scott108
lvl.4
Flight distance : 314419 ft
United States

I've been using 1.1.10 (iOS) with my MA2 since 10-Oct, and all the individual cell voltages are reported in the CSV export.  Are you using iOS or Android?  
2020-11-4
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

Scott108 Posted at 11-4 11:56
I've been using 1.1.10 (iOS) with my MA2 since 10-Oct, and all the individual cell voltages are reported in the CSV export.  Are you using iOS or Android?

Him

i am using Android

Just delete my fly app, delete all dji related maps om my device, reboot and installed the FlyApp.
To my surprise 1.1.10 is now 1.2.0!   Will fly today, so check if batt values are back again....

cheers
JJB
2020-11-4
Use props
JohnLietzke
Second Officer
United States

If you load you logs into https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/ you can view the battery cell voltage.  If you need more detailed breakdowns of you Mavic you can try CsvView.

Unfortunately, all of the solution to view the battery cell levels are from post flight logs.
2020-11-5
Use props
Scott108
lvl.4
United States

JohnLietzke Posted at 11-5 17:45
If you load you logs into https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/ you can view the battery cell voltage.  If you need more detailed breakdowns of you Mavic you can try CsvView.

Unfortunately, all of the solution to view the battery cell levels are from post flight logs.

You can’t view what’s not there - regardless of the log viewing tool used.

Some versions of the Fly app simply aren’t outputting certain data (like cell voltage or temperature, depending on version).  That’s what this thread is about  - data missing from the log output.  Doesn’t matter what tool you use to view or interpret the log, if the data isn’t output by Fly app then it isn’t available.
2020-11-5
Use props
WobblingWillie
lvl.2
Flight distance : 9060581 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yes, I had the same experience. I have also updated to 1.2.0 but have not had a chance to fly with it yet.
2020-11-5
Use props
JohnLietzke
Second Officer
United States

Maybe try deleting the app then reinstalling it.  I lot of other on an other from have been complaining that the battery cell level were not showing up in the app.  Apparently, it has been doing so for several months.
2020-11-5
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

Scott108 Posted at 11-5 19:17
You can’t view what’s not there - regardless of the log viewing tool used.

Some versions of the Fly app simply aren’t outputting certain data (like cell voltage or temperature, depending on version).  That’s what this thread is about  - data missing from the log output.  Doesn’t matter what tool you use to view or interpret the log, if the data isn’t output by Fly app then it isn’t available.

Hi Scott,

True, what is not in the log cannot made visible in the decrypted output file...
Fun is that i have some logs, fly app 1.1.10flightlogs,  with and without batt data....

cheers
JJB
2020-11-5
Use props
Scott108
lvl.4
United States

JJB* Posted at 11-5 23:45
Hi Scott,

True, what is not in the log cannot made visible in the decrypted output file...
Hi JJB*,

Odd, indeed.  I have not had missing cell voltages on any version (again, iOS so that may explain the difference between us); all worked fine with 1.1.6, 1.1.8, 1.1.9, and 1.1.10.  (Haven't tried 1.2 yet, weather has been horrible here!)  

I did have problems with Battery Temperature data, it was missing in 1.1.8 and 1.1.9.  With 1.1.10, it was still missing on my FIRST flight -- but appeared in all flights thereafter.  So that's similar to what you're seeing, some flights have data and some don't -- even with same version!   I theorized at the time that maybe the first 1.1.10 flight was missing temps because it needed another restart after the update.  In any case, aside from that very first flight, 1.1.10 fixed the temperature logging for me.
2020-11-6
Use props
sohelzx
lvl.2
Flight distance : 253901 ft

Bangladesh

please use 1.1.2 on android , i faced same issue
2020-11-6
Use props
Scott108
lvl.4
United States

JJB* Posted at 11-5 23:45
Hi Scott,

Rain ended here...  So got a chance for a short flight with new Fly version and controller firmware.

I updated to 1.2.0 (iOS), and also updated to the new controller firmware.   No problems with the update, and no problems in flight.  (I've read some reports of others having range issues and camera freezing issues with Fly v1.2 and/or the new controller firmware, but everything worked okay for me.)

Uploaded flight to AirData.  All data seems to be there.  Specifically, all the individual cell voltages are included, and battery temp readings are there as well.  

I should get a chance for a longer flight later today -- will update this post if I see any problems.
2020-11-6
Use props
Macinfo
lvl.3
United States

Scott108 Posted at 11-6 11:42
Rain ended here...  So got a chance for a short flight with new Fly version and controller firmware.

I updated to 1.2.0 (iOS), and also updated to the new controller firmware.   No problems with the update, and no problems in flight.  (I've read some reports of others having range issues and camera freezing issues with Fly v1.2 and/or the new controller firmware, but everything worked okay for me.)

Good to hear that you have a stable system with IOS, now the firmware? Is it the remote only and not the MA2?   It seems like some messages imply that both devices are getting updated and even reverting has not resolved some issues, though this could all be a Android issue??
2020-11-6
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

Scott108 Posted at 11-6 11:42

I'm using Android and have all the updates you mentioned. Still no battery cell numbers, Mini or MA2 or Mini 2.
2020-11-6
Use props
Scott108
lvl.4
United States

GaryDoug Posted at 11-6 20:27
I'm using Android and have all the updates you mentioned. Still no battery cell numbers, Mini or MA2 or Mini 2.

Does seem like a difference in what problems/fixes are present in Android vs iOS.  Odd, as I would expect the code base to be mostly common with some helper functions to accommodate the different platform APIs, but maybe DJI is maintaining two parallel code bases.... sure seems like some issues are unique to one platform or the other!
2020-11-6
Use props
Scott108
lvl.4
United States

Macinfo Posted at 11-6 17:53
Good to hear that you have a stable system with IOS, now the firmware? Is it the remote only and not the MA2?   It seems like some messages imply that both devices are getting updated and even reverting has not resolved some issues, though this could all be a Android issue??

The latest firmware update was only for the RC, not the AC.  But yes, I’ve seen some reports of problems with connection and video loss, which could certainly be caused by an RC firmware problem.  I haven’t experienced that.  And many reports are not specific as to platform, so hard to tell whether there is a correlation to Android vs. iOS, or if some other variable explains why some are having problems and some are not.
2020-11-6
Use props
Macinfo
lvl.3
United States

Scott108 Posted at 11-6 21:17
The latest firmware update was only for the RC, not the AC.  But yes, I’ve seen some reports of problems with connection and video loss, which could certainly be caused by an RC firmware problem.  I haven’t experienced that.  And many reports are not specific as to platform, so hard to tell whether there is a correlation to Android vs. iOS, or if some other variable explains why some are having problems and some are not.

I have seen that there was another firmware update to correct what appears to have been a bad release, which version of the Firmware does your RC have now?

I am assuming that some of the other issues at the moment are a combo of the Android version and the firmware..  Because I've seen that there are at least two builds  of 1.2.0 for Android, the last I think being (889)  and I don't think that DJI has the luxury of speedy updates with IOS, other than to hide it until a fix is reviewed and released into the app store.''
Note, spotted this elsewhere... last firmware update [img]https://forum11.djicdn.com/data/attachment/forum/blob:https://forum.dji.com/6bc5293e-5f09-41b0-b080-11bccc19fa4d[/img]
2020-11-7
Use props
Scott108
lvl.4
United States

Macinfo Posted at 11-7 09:33
I have seen that there was another firmware update to correct what appears to have been a bad release, which version of the Firmware does your RC have now?

The combination I tested above was:
  MA2 v01.00.0340
  RC  v02.00.1100
  DJI Fly (iOS) v1.20

I didn't fly extensively, but did go out a little over 500m at about 80m altitude.  No problems with video feed, no problems with connection (still showed full strength).  

I just updated to "today's version" of RC firmware, V02.00.1101, but have not had a chance to fly with it yet due to windy conditions.  Maybe tomorrow!
2020-11-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules