App Crashing
10723 17 2020-11-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sls1j
lvl.2
Flight distance : 241552 ft
United States

I installed the latest version 1.2.0 of DJI Fly App and it's crashing on me everytime I start it.  

Here's a run down of what is happening:
  • I start the app and get to the front page.
  • I select "Go Fly"
  • The camera view shows up for about 3 seconds, I can see the video feed all seems well
  • It crashes and Android reports an application error and the app closes.

I have sent an error report to google, just wanted to make sure that this bug report got through as I cannot fly until this is fixed.

Thanks,

Brian

2020-11-6
Use props
sls1j
lvl.2
United States

Is there anyway to download an older version of the DJI Fly app so I can fly while this is getting fixed?
2020-11-6
Use props
sls1j
lvl.2
United States

I should also note that even without the my Mavic Mini connected I can hit the "Connect to Air Craft" and "Camera View" to get into the camera view section and it'll still crash after a consistant 3 seconds or so.
2020-11-6
Use props
djiuser_qreXWH4lyPNk
lvl.1
Flight distance : 53681 ft
Philippines

I also want downgrade my DJI Fly App. I normally dont update promptly when there is a new version as there are concerns and issues that arises right after its release. I usually wait for weeks before upgrading. And also, this new update is basically for the inclusion of the mini2. Anyways, will you help me rollback just a notch lower? Thanks....
2020-11-6
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Completely delete the app, make sure your phone is on the latest firmware, reinstall the app, refresh the RC firmware using assistant 2 for Mavic, calibrate the RC, re-link the RC with the drone and all of that should do it. If not, downgrade the app version or wait for a fix.
2020-11-7
Use props
Pappy3
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2820469 ft
United States

If you're using Android, here's a link to the APKs you can side load to revert back to a previous Fly version.
https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/dji-technology-co-ltd/dji-fly/
2020-11-7
Use props
otomek77
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6819160 ft
Poland

I use now app in version 1.2.0 for mini 1 and I have a problem with "freeze warning" , I'm sitution when you get fist warnig and (for instance week signal) and this stay even my dron is very close and for sure singal is correct . Other problem is "green view" of camera. In my opinio DJIFLY need next update as now is not perfect...
2020-11-7
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Brian. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we know what is the model of the mobile device you are using please for us to be able to isolate the said issue. Again, I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for you understanding.
2020-11-8
Use props
djiuser_XaxrcNjbl5mg
New

India

sls1j Posted at 11-6 06:52
Is there anyway to download an older version of the DJI Fly app so I can fly while this is getting fixed?

This might help you... for older version
Not able to share the link here because of  forum rules  copy paste the below mentioned title on youtube . That video tutorial might help you

DJI Mavic Mini 10-15m max flight Altitude Solution | New Local Laws| India| | Solution |
2020-11-15
Use props
sls1j
lvl.2
United States

djiuser_XaxrcNjbl5mg Posted at 11-15 04:55
This might help you... for older version
Not able to share the link here because of  forum rules  copy paste the below mentioned title on youtube . That video tutorial might help you

So I finally got around to finding and old APK version 1.10 and went about figure out how to install it on my phone.  That turned out to be a lot less of a hassle as I thought it would be, and it working for my mavic mini.  I was afraid that the new version may have actually damaged my mini.
2020-12-3
Use props
sls1j
lvl.2
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 11-8 19:29
Hello there Brian. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we know what is the model of the mobile device you are using please for us to be able to isolate the said issue. Again, I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for you understanding.

Sorry it took so long to reply:

Model number: Vivo 8L
Android version: 7.0
Kernel version: 3.18.35
Build number: NRD90M
Custom build version: BLU_V019OUU_V7.0.04.06_GENERIC30-10-2018 01:57
Hardware version: P5

Hardward Info
CPU model: AArch64 Processor rev 4 (aarch64)
CPU core count: 8
CPU frequency: 1.3 Ghz
ROM: 32 GB
RAM: 3 GB

Also thanks for reaching out I appreciate it.  I'm sympathetic being a developer myself things happen.  Good luck and thanks again.  Let me know if there is anything else you need or if there's anything I can do to help.

2020-12-3
Use props
djiuser_SSPRJcFaYU0V
New

Bulgaria

Hi there. Any solution for the problem? I bought mini 2 and it is impossible to use it ... The app crashes all the time, the screen goes black (tried it with galaxy note 9 and galaxy s6), but still ...
2021-3-12
Use props
pristis
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2414928 ft
Bulgaria

Hello guys!

I will tell you my experience with DJI apps. With my first and second drones (Phantoms) I was using Android phone. The app doesn't stop to crash, to lag and it was extremely annoying. When I finish with Android forever, I saw the difference. Maybe in these days the situation is the same. My advice is people to use DJI apps with iOS if they can. Although there are bugs there too, but works smooth every time.

Best regadrs,
Martin
2021-3-12
Use props
seatech
New

Pakistan

I resolved my issue finally. Thanks all
2021-5-10
Use props
djiuser_73LhwkIEoVPw
lvl.2
Flight distance : 9614318 ft
United States

@seatech How?
2021-8-22
Use props
wrozzi
New
United States

The best advice I found was to uninstall the app and go directly to dji.com to install a new app. Apparently the fix is not available in the Play Store. This worked perfectly for me and was very easy.
2022-2-9
Use props
fansabaa0cf8
lvl.1
Flight distance : 43350 ft
Norway

Hi I have a samsung s22 ultra, and the dji go4 app is crashing. is there anything to do. anyone else who has this problem.
2022-3-19
Use props
Sasha156
lvl.1

India

latest firmware, reinstall the app, refresh the RC firmware using assistant 2 for Mavic, calibrate the RC, re-link the RC with the drone and all of that should do it. If not, downgrade the app version or wait for a fix
2022-3-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules