Remote Controller's Switches 1 & 2 - what do they do?
4278 6 2014-11-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
donsaito
New

United States

In Phantom mode (as opposed to Naza-M), I know that both switches (1&2) need to be up in order for the quadcopter to be in GPS and Auto Failsafe mode, and I know that SW1 is toggled 5x to re-calibrate the compass, and to regain control of the quadcopter from Failsafe mode, you toggle SW2 down and back up, but what are the settings for both switches if they are toggled to positions 2 or 3 (still in Phantom mode)? I've checked the manual, the quick-start guide, watched a bunch of YouTube videos, run Google searches, and haven't found a reference that says what they do. Help!
2014-11-21
Use props
insitb
lvl.3

Singapore

Nothing. They only come into action once you've upgraded to Naza.
2014-11-21
Use props
kenargo
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Slight correction; NAZA mode isn't an upgrade, it is a configuration that you can turn on and off using the Assist software.

Not trying to split hairs here but saying "once you upgrade" (to me) suggests something to purchase or install.
2014-11-21
Use props
donsaito
New

United States

kenargo Posted at 2014-11-22 07:00
Slight correction; NAZA mode isn't an upgrade, it is a configuration that you can turn on and off us ...

Thanks Instb and kenargo. I really appreciate your input.
2014-11-21
Use props
away-point
lvl.3

United States

While we're on the subject, mind if I side-step a bit?

I haven't done it enough times to be certain, but, is this true?  Switching to ATTI mode (not GPS) makes Home Lock behave as Course Lock.
2014-11-21
Use props
insitb
lvl.3

Singapore

True, "toggle" is perhaps a better term. The only thing amiss with this is that it doesn't really signify the raising of the platform to a higher level, which is what Naza is, as compared to the more bare-bones mode that the Phantom comes in by default.
2014-11-21
Use props
b.w.j
Second Officer

Denmark

In Phantom 2 Vision mode, Quickly flipping the S2 switch of the remote controller from upper most to lower most positions 5 times or more will reset the current aircraft position as a new home point, and Quickly flipping the S1 switch 5 times or more for calibrating Compass.
2014-11-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules