432 4 2020-11-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

As I already have far to much DJI Tech including the Mini 1 and I will probably not buy the Mini 2 I was wondering what things both hardware and indeed software from the new Mini 2 or other drones might be of benefit to us Mini 1 flyers.

Like and here is a big one. If the MA2 controller firmware update makes it compatable with the MM2 Might it at some point be possible that the Mini 1 could attain Ocusync.

Or is there some things from mm2 that could help the mm1 with its blow away issues.

I an not that interested in the camera as for me it is way beyond what I want already

Dennis
2020-11-6
Use props
unpluggeduk
lvl.2

United Kingdom

I suspect the receivers are different for OccuSync so it's unlikely it could be added to the MM as it's probably hardware related.

RAW Support could be added easily, if the drone can record and encode H264 for periods of time there's no real reason why it would be an issue for the MM to convert to DNG for the few milliseconds it would take, especially given the size of the photos is insignificant when compared to even a couple of seconds of 2k video. It probably spends more power converting to JPG and would be a minor firmware upgrade. The fact that RAW was simply dropped into the MM2 and has been ignored on the MM seems to be an annoyance for many.

The same could (I suppose) be said about 4K however this is apparently a limitation for heat reasons (which I can kind of understand) also seeing as it's the main selling point for getting people to upgrade or drop more money on the MM2 no chance ;)  

Boomerang, and 360 Pano would be simple firmware additions especially as the stitching is done in the app and the functionality is already there.

Given that DJI have no reason at all other than customer satisfaction and showing commitment to support and update their current models, The general conensus is "don't hold your breath". As a new MM owner I would love to be proved wrong.

2020-11-6
Use props
videoeditman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6713271 ft
United States

The motors, props, material, battery types, are all different. Like mentioned above not likely anything from mini 2 will be shared, but firmware could add panorama, etc.
2020-11-6
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

Even though the battery from the older Mini will fit and "work" in the new Mini 2, the Mini 2 battery will not physically fit in the Mini.
2020-11-6
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Dennis. Thank you for reaching out and for these information you have given. In addition to this thread I will post a link where in you can compare both the DJI Mavic Mini to the DJI Mini 2 and to other DJI consumer drones as well ( https://www.dji.com/products/com ... ndsite&from=nav ). Again thank you for your valued support and keep on flying.

2020-11-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules